Instagram...?

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383

For those wondering. A BBS is Bulletin Board Script. It is stranded sans HTML. However Vanilla, has formatted THIS BBS to accept simple HTML script, or strand. It means you 'tacka post scoot note'. This means you type out you're text, with editing available during the type set pre post.. Then you either hit enter, or click a post button, and the script is 'posted'. This is the only time the bulletin Board is updated. The only reason this one self updates us because it had HTML script written in.IRtC is a type set in a chat room that allows the chat to commence in real time. It stands for Instant Relay-text Command. It means you have to type in commands in order to illicit moving action in the chat. It was the original emoji coding, and how we got our moving smilies, etc. did that make sense?

It might make sense to Dimi.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    PJSiren said:

ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

Does anybody else get weird followers? I mean like accounts that have nothing but people that post kinda skanky selfies?

I had an account I was following morph into one of those. They had deleted all the photos and shit that were there before and changed the name, so im not like 100% sure who it was but the "tagged" posts were still there and it was a bunch of pictures from Castle so I'm assuming it was a Nathan Fillion account that probably wasn't authorized. I just unfollowed it. And my shizz is private so i have to "approve" followers. Recently I've gotten a couple travel/photo accounts which I don't mind.
    Whoever started the account gave it away to someone else, and the other person did that....*MOST LIKELY* This has happened to multiple accounts I've followed when the original account creator decided to get rid of the account and posted about doing so...then the accoun goes crazy for a couple days and then does this...
    The only reason I had any idea what happened was because other people were posting comments on the photos like "what the hell happened" I never would've thought to look in the tagged photos on my own.

Also I just followed @The Waiting Trophy Man and @whispering hands I'm like 90% sure it's you TWTM even though the name comes up as something else. It's some dude with cats anyway lol.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Mao some dude with cats eh? I recognized him from his kitty Pennie. That's how I knew that it was TWTM. :-)
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Yeah that's me. I use the same profile pic as here, just a different name. And yeah that's Pennie. I've posted her pics on here before, too. I need to find something else to take pictures of, lol

Thanks for the follow, Ident42. I sent a request to you.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    Who are you on there Ident?
    Duska
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Just realized I didn't mention my name. I'm wewerebutstones. Like I mentioned I rarely post and when I do it's probably about my other interests. No cats and no kid pics. I'm a little apprehensive about posting my kids pics online. When I travel for pj I might post a pic or two but I'm a lousy photographer and would rather just live in that moment so I'm not great at documenting even that. Anyway follow if you'd like.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
    ldent42 said:

Duska

Ahh ok.. I requested to follow you.
    PJSiren said:

ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

Does anybody else get weird followers? I mean like accounts that have nothing but people that post kinda skanky selfies?

I had an account I was following morph into one of those. They had deleted all the photos and shit that were there before and changed the name, so im not like 100% sure who it was but the "tagged" posts were still there and it was a bunch of pictures from Castle so I'm assuming it was a Nathan Fillion account that probably wasn't authorized. I just unfollowed it. And my shizz is private so i have to "approve" followers. Recently I've gotten a couple travel/photo accounts which I don't mind.
    Whoever started the account gave it away to someone else, and the other person did that....*MOST LIKELY* This has happened to multiple accounts I've followed when the original account creator decided to get rid of the account and posted about doing so...then the accoun goes crazy for a couple days and then does this...
    It's happened AGAIN!

Yeah that's me. I use the same profile pic as here, just a different name. And yeah that's Pennie. I've posted her pics on here before, too. I need to find something else to take pictures of, lol

See? Don't hate me, but....thanks for the follow?

these things are a popularity (real or perceived) contest.

Signed,
    cranky old get off my lawn grump

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    imalive said:

Signed,

You're just like my hubby! :lol: He's the same way with social media...he thinks it's ridiculous...but it's not for everyone...I post mostly real photos that I take as I'm a photographer...and things that interest me...like PJ stuff, cats, quotes, other music...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Oh I could care less how many people follow me. Right now I have 6 followers and if that's all I get that's fine by me. I'm not interested in being popular.
    PJSiren said:

imalive said:

Signed,

You're just like my hubby! :lol: He's the same way with social media...he thinks it's ridiculous...but it's not for everyone...I post mostly real photos that I take as I'm a photographer...and things that interest me...like PJ stuff, cats, quotes, other music...
    you're cool, PJS!

social media sucks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

Signed,

you're cool, PJS!

social media sucks.

haha, Why thank you! I take that as a high compliment! :smiley:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I just got an ad...'want more followers?' And I can 'buy' more followers. What are they doing, looking for people with a piddly number of followers? They actually called me out, by name...Fuck that, I don't care how many followers I have. I'm more happy when a professional photographer 'likes' one of my pics.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

I just got an ad...'want more followers?' And I can 'buy' more followers. What are they doing, looking for people with a piddly number of followers? They actually called me out, by name...Fuck that, I don't care how many followers I have. I'm more happy when a professional photographer 'likes' one of my pics.

Like that acually came from Instagram? or did someone send it to you? Like who would actually "pay" for followers?? How stupid do you have to be??? :lol:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

Like that acually came from Instagram? or did someone send it to you? Like who would actually "pay" for followers?? How stupid do you have to be??? :lol:
    Actually, a lot of famous people do.
    ELITIST FUK
    Yeah THOSE are the people at are desperate to be popular and have tons of followers. I'd never pay money for that. I guess it's also for professionals too, who need to get their pics out there to as many people as possible.
    SD48277 said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

Hence, the supid comment! :wink:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    PJSiren said:

SD48277 said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

Hence, the supid comment! :wink:
    :lol:
    ELITIST FUK
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

Look up Ellen.Burgos.n she just told me I can earn followers for free...and all her pics are of her ass...or the beach.

elite_vine is the pay account, though in my IG it shows up as someone else...like they got their account hacked, cuz that person is a meathead gym dude.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

Look up Ellen.Burgos.n she just told me I can earn followers for free...and all her pics are of her ass...or the beach.

elite_vine is the pay account, though in my IG it shows up as someone else...like they got their account hacked, cuz that person is a meathead gym dude.
    Oh yeah, I get those kind of followers all the time and they leave me comments about getting followers and what not, I just ignore them and delete their comments, block them if they harrass me...
    Tattooed Dissident!
    I only started using it last year when I did the international traveling.
    My friend made me sign up for it for her wedding either 2012 or 2013 (I'm a terrible person) and I posted a couple cat pix after the wedding and forgot about it. Until I went traveling. And even then I kept forgetting to use it at first.
    I'm kind of excited...there is a really great photo editing app from AutoDesk (for free-AutoDesk puts out really great software for large companies), and they do IG contests. Can't remember if it's weekly or monthly, anywho...I just posted a submission for the current one, and they just liked it!
    I've posted before for their contests, and never gotten a 'like' from them.

I would be over the moon if they 're-post' my pic.

- Christopher McCandless
    For artist nerds, it would be like if Corel Draw liked something you posted using their software.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

For artist nerds, it would be like if Corel Draw liked something you posted using their software.

How awesome!! You must be giddy!!

RKCNDY said:

I kinda am! I took some pretty cool pics today, but I'll slowly post them, I hate bombarding people's IG feeds with pics.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

I kinda am! I took some pretty cool pics today, but I'll slowly post them, I hate bombarding people's IG feeds with pics.
    I don't :naughty:
    edited April 2015
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Can't wait to see them! Haha I bombard all the time if I'm doing something where I take lots of cool pics...I just unfollowed this girl for bombarding my feed with the most mundane pics ever though like she's was going on hikes and taking umpteen pics of the same kinds of piles of twigs...not of pretty things...it was like ok this is boring....
    Tattooed Dissident!
    "hi I'm working with over 200 companies globally on some projects leveraging social media. DM me for more info"

Anybody get that? Does it sound scammy?

- Christopher McCandless