Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    BS44325 said:

callen said:

So BS the west understands this and will counter. Just as we have Fox they have Ayatollahs. Propaganda machines that spread hate. Ha

Let's see what happens.

You can hate Fox but equating the two is beneath ridiculous. There is nothing to counter. The Ayatollahs are in charge and have rejected "the deal".

http://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2015/04/09/iran-pulls-the-rug-from-under-obama/#more-42736
    They are exactly the same and have same followers. That's the funny part
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited April 2015
    BS44325 said:

I don't see anything logic driven. What I see is

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

no deal means they continue on the path they were clearly already on at greater capacity for enrichment of not only uranium but plutonium as well. well beyond the 20% enrichment levels they are reported to be at now.

so lets just call the whole thing off , shall we?

Yes. That and crushing sanctions. Complete economic isolation. Naval blockade. Roll back of current expansion in Iraq and Yemen. Promote the Green revolution.
    Crushing sanctions in Iraq killed Over half a million children, and culminated in war anyway. That's the best you can come up with?
    If it's that or a nuclear Iran then yes. A nuclear Iran will be far worse.
    Please tell me you're talking weapons and not energy.
    If you're talking weapons...You think killing half a million kids is justified against the possibility repeat possibility that Iran can circumvent inspections and build a bomb. And then, the possibility (possibility) that the Iranians will be the second nation with leaders stupid and psychotic enough to use a nuke...and the first to take that stupid psychosis to the next level by being the first nation to use a nuke since the MAD doctrine became reality? you have no faith whatsoever in the humanity of iran, and absolute faith that the motives of the west revolve around security, am I reading this correctly? This is your view, to the point that these incredibly low odds are worth the lives of a half million Iranian kids...is that what you're saying BS?

If you're talking energy...well...I'll keep the personal comments to myself.
    I am talking about weapons. I am talking about having no faith in the Iranian leadership. I am talking about my motives for security.

You are talking about the military-industrial complex, the evils of the US and global conspiracies.

Psychosis.
    Don't try to discredit me by calling me a conspiracy theorist. You've already questioned my humanity by inferring that I don't care about innocent victims. You've called me psycho. And this is coming from a guy who, just a few posts up, justified the killing of a half million children as risk management. Wheretf do you get off, bub?
    Because the MIC isn't an issue; it certainly has no bearing on events in the middle east, right? As Ben has pointed out, our motives are ALWAYS dumbed down for public consumption. The president speaks at jr high comprehension levels for a reason - simplify and obfuscate to avoid accountability and public resistance. We have to dig deeper. But as soon as we do this....we're conspiracy theorists.
    You want to talk conspiracy? I've posted numerous times here about the Brookings Institute memo #21 Saving Syria: Assessing Options for Regime Change, and their policy paper titled Which Path to Persia?. The former is a 2012 paper, the latter from 2009. Have you taken the time to read these BS? They are as close to a signed confession of conspiracy as you will ever get. These are the people setting our policies. These people and institutions are the ones our politicians look to for guidance on foreign policy. Do you honestly think the US is open about their foreign policy motives? If you do, I've got a bridge to sell Ya. We are not reacting to Iranian actions - we are plodding along our own path, set on maintaining hegemony and bringing 'rogue states' in line with our interests.

Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    badbrains said:

Aafke said:

badbrains said:

mickeyrat said:

So, take me through the argument against.
    Given its known to have 19 k plus centrifuges of which 13k are more advanced and capable of faster refinement of uranium and soon refinement of plutonium, add in the reported 50 lbs of 20% refined material from an estimated 2.8 tons of low grade material. In addition to whatever rocket technology has been achieved by these very smart people. AND the unknown details of what most likely weapon study has occurred.

What is the preferred course of action in place of this framework? Don't dance around the answer. I prefer brutal honesty. Lay it out. Explicitly. Not too much to ask in my view.

He wants us (the U.S.) to bomb the shit out of them. Why, he won't answer. Keeps dancing around it. Good luck on that one Mickey.
    Well if he doesn't answer himself, I can only guess for for his reasons. I believe his point of view is motivated with fear. Fear of being attacked by a nation with a different view on certain subjects, as his own. And what better way to overcome your fears... is attacking the so called enemy, it worked so well on numerous occasions for the U.S. didn't it?(Iraq (Wasn't there a nuke as well, oh, no that was a bunch of lies, wasn't it?), Afghanistan, Korea, Vietnam,...)
    Best part, he lives in Canada. He thinks somehow Iran is gonna send a nuke to Canada just because the maple leafs suck haha
    Hey, leave the Leafs out of this. They deserve their own thread about just how shitty they are.

;)

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    dignin said:

badbrains said:

Aafke said:

badbrains said:

mickeyrat said:

So, take me through the argument against.
    Given its known to have 19 k plus centrifuges of which 13k are more advanced and capable of faster refinement of uranium and soon refinement of plutonium, add in the reported 50 lbs of 20% refined material from an estimated 2.8 tons of low grade material. In addition to whatever rocket technology has been achieved by these very smart people. AND the unknown details of what most likely weapon study has occurred.

What is the preferred course of action in place of this framework? Don't dance around the answer. I prefer brutal honesty. Lay it out. Explicitly. Not too much to ask in my view.

He wants us (the U.S.) to bomb the shit out of them. Why, he won't answer. Keeps dancing around it. Good luck on that one Mickey.
    Well if he doesn't answer himself, I can only guess for for his reasons. I believe his point of view is motivated with fear. Fear of being attacked by a nation with a different view on certain subjects, as his own. And what better way to overcome your fears... is attacking the so called enemy, it worked so well on numerous occasions for the U.S. didn't it?(Iraq (Wasn't there a nuke as well, oh, no that was a bunch of lies, wasn't it?), Afghanistan, Korea, Vietnam,...)
    Best part, he lives in Canada. He thinks somehow Iran is gonna send a nuke to Canada just because the maple leafs suck haha
    Hey, leave the Leafs out of this. They deserve their own thread about just how shitty they are.

;)

I laugh at my mother on a regular basis for her blind faith in that team. It's adorable.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    As an oiler fan...I really hope I can start trash talking the leafs again someday :(
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    It's all Raptors in this town.

BS44325 said:

I don't see anything logic driven. What I see is

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

no deal means they continue on the path they were clearly already on at greater capacity for enrichment of not only uranium but plutonium as well. well beyond the 20% enrichment levels they are reported to be at now.

so lets just call the whole thing off , shall we?

Yes. That and crushing sanctions. Complete economic isolation. Naval blockade. Roll back of current expansion in Iraq and Yemen. Promote the Green revolution.
    Crushing sanctions in Iraq killed Over half a million children, and culminated in war anyway. That's the best you can come up with?
    If it's that or a nuclear Iran then yes. A nuclear Iran will be far worse.
    Please tell me you're talking weapons and not energy.
    If you're talking weapons...You think killing half a million kids is justified against the possibility repeat possibility that Iran can circumvent inspections and build a bomb. And then, the possibility (possibility) that the Iranians will be the second nation with leaders stupid and psychotic enough to use a nuke...and the first to take that stupid psychosis to the next level by being the first nation to use a nuke since the MAD doctrine became reality? you have no faith whatsoever in the humanity of iran, and absolute faith that the motives of the west revolve around security, am I reading this correctly? This is your view, to the point that these incredibly low odds are worth the lives of a half million Iranian kids...is that what you're saying BS?

If you're talking energy...well...I'll keep the personal comments to myself.
    I am talking about weapons. I am talking about having no faith in the Iranian leadership. I am talking about my motives for security.

You are talking about the military-industrial complex, the evils of the US and global conspiracies.

Psychosis.
    Don't try to discredit me by calling me a conspiracy theorist. You've already questioned my humanity by inferring that I don't care about innocent victims. You've called me psycho. And this is coming from a guy who, just a few posts up, justified the killing of a half million children as risk management. Wheretf do you get off, bub?
    Because the MIC isn't an issue; it certainly has no bearing on events in the middle east, right? As Ben has pointed out, our motives are ALWAYS dumbed down for public consumption. The president speaks at jr high comprehension levels for a reason - simplify and obfuscate to avoid accountability and public resistance. We have to dig deeper. But as soon as we do this....we're conspiracy theorists.
    You want to talk conspiracy? I've posted numerous times here about the Brookings Institute memo #21 Saving Syria: Assessing Options for Regime Change, and their policy paper titled Which Path to Persia?. The former is a 2012 paper, the latter from 2009. Have you taken the time to read these BS? They are as close to a signed confession of conspiracy as you will ever get. These are the people setting our policies. These people and institutions are the ones our politicians look to for guidance on foreign policy. Do you honestly think the US is open about their foreign policy motives? If you do, I've got a bridge to sell Ya. We are not reacting to Iranian actions - we are plodding along our own path, set on maintaining hegemony and bringing 'rogue states' in line with our interests.

I called you a psycho? "psychosis" was your term. I haven't read memo #21...have to get through 1 - 20 first. No spoilers please!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    How about the cast of same personal comment characters get the fuck out of this thread. You fuckers get more threads closed over petty fucking bullshit opinion of people you likely have never sat down with face to face to begun with.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The sanctions are doing exactly as intended or Iran would not be trying to negotiate.

If I'm the person who enforced sanctions, only to see the sanctions go as planed, why would I negotiate to end them without attaining my goal?

Here would be my negotiation: End your nuclear program, and I lift the sanctions. I hold all the cards.

Not sure if there is a comprehension problem here or what, but I referred to national leaders using nukes as psychos, not anyone in this thread. The term was thrown back at me in reference to my thoughts on the topic....which in my mind, infers that I suffer from it....but maybe I was being too sensitive :lol: Either way, I hope I'm not included as one of the 'fuckers' who are name calling and should gtfo...I haven't done so, at least not in this thread.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jason P said:

The sanctions are doing exactly as intended or Iran would not be trying to negotiate.

If I'm the person who enforced sanctions, only to see the sanctions go as planed, why would I negotiate to end them without attaining my goal?

Here would be my negotiation: End your nuclear program, and I lift the sanctions. I hold all the cards.

If the intent of the sanctions is to end their nuclear aspirations, then you are just plain wrong. The current estimate to "breakout" is from 2 months to 2 years maximum. If this deal goes through and is adhered to, that would extend the estimate by several years.
    If the deal doesn't go through they will have the bomb sooner... That's why this opposition to the deal is asinine. It is partisan baloney that is based on fearmongering intended to keep the Middle East destabilized for our economic (oil) interests.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    What is really ignorant is these buffoons on the right are completely ignoring the P5+1 JPOA that was put in place in November of 2013 which has already reduced Iran's nuclear capacity and with which Iran is largely complying.
    It's all a big stage-drama, and folks like BS have their popcorn at the ready.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    From what I have read and heard the POTUS can ease the sanctions imposed on Iran, but he can not lift them entirely. The POTUS has to go through the Senate to permanently lift the sanctions. I just found this letter dated March 2015
    Jason P said:

That is fine but a small problem, The POTUS can only partially lift the sanctions, for the sanction to go away all together Congress has to be involved. The POTUS current or future cannot lift the sanctions alone.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
    rgambs said:

What is really ignorant is these buffoons on the right are completely ignoring the P5+1 JPOA that was put in place in November of 2013 which has already reduced Iran's nuclear capacity and with which Iran is largely complying.
    It's all a big stage-drama, and folks like BS have their popcorn at the ready.

No time for popcorn...I got a mystery box of vinyl to get ready for.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    BS44325 said:
    A David Brooks opinion piece is not indicative of "where the deal stands right now."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

BS44325 said:
    A David Brooks opinion piece is not indicative of "where the deal stands right now."
    Hahahaha, he keeps trying H2M. You have to give him credit. Or not
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited April 2015

BS44325 said:
    It is indicative of where the politics of this is moving. Brooks is/was Obama's biggest supporter on the mainstream media "conservative" side. The Corker bill will move forward probably with a likely veto-proof bipartisan majority (see response of Tim Kaine for proof). The "deal" which appears to be a mirage is probably dead. The question now will be how does Obama respond? He could blame Iran for the failure and drop the hammer or he can blame Israel and the 47 "treasonous" senators. I know which way this message board will go but let's see what the president does.
    edited April 2015
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    It is indicative of where the politics of this is moving. Brooks is/was Obama's biggest supporter on the mainstream media "conservative" side. The Corker bill will move forward probably with a likely veto-proof bipartisan majority (see response of Tim Kaine for proof). The "deal" which appears to be a mirage is probably dead. The question now will be how does Obama respond? He could blame Iran for the failure and drop the hammer or he can blame Israel and the 47 "treasonous" senators. I know which way this message board will go but let's see what the president does.
    A message board full of people who want NO MORE WARS and one clown advocating for and spreading the war machine. It's fucken sickening how anyone would want another war. You are one twisted human. Drooling at the prospect of another fucken war to benefit who? Exactly.

Edit-you want a fucken war, then stop being a fucken coward and enlist. If you're to old then have your son/daughter enlist and have your family well represented there.
    Post edited by badbrains on
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    A message board full of people who want NO MORE WARS and one clown advocating for and spreading the war machine. It's fucken sickening how anyone would want another war. You are one twisted human. Drooling at the prospect of another fucken war to benefit who? Exactly.

Edit-you want a fucken war, then stop being a fucken coward and enlist. If you're to old then have your son/daughter enlist and have your family well represented there.
    Four F-words in one post. Good work.
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Lucky it was only 4. Anyone who advocates for war is fucken crazy. There's one more.
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Lucky it was only 4. Anyone who advocates for war is fucken crazy. There's one more.
    If we stay on the path we are on war will be inevitable. If and when it begins I suggest we win it.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

You have to be careful about advocating for peace here, bb. I had people wanting to crucify me last year for advocating for peace.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

If we stay on the path we are on war will be inevitable. If and when it begins I suggest we win it.
    You're sick. You live in fucken Canada and are drooling for a war with America and Iran. Why? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    brianlux said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

You have to be careful about advocating for peace here, bb. I had people wanting to crucify me last year for advocating for peace.

I hear ya Brian. Lucky for us it's only one fucken guy salivating on the idea of bombing Iran. That's a fucken sickness.
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Only nobody really wins, right?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Correct
    BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Correct
    So that begs the question- why do we keep doing engaging in war?