Options

Random FS: Marilyn Manson tix, Vancouver, Sunday Mar 29. Face value - sale pending

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
edited March 2015 in Lost Dogs
For centre orchestra, row 15.

I got GA tix after I got these ones. Had a buyer, but they didn't fucking show up last night. Pissed me off! Damn you Craigslist! ;)

My friend is actually lukewarm on GA now... so I guess I'll sell those instead if you'd prefer GA.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by PJ_Soul on

Comments

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Bump for your sale!

I hope to see you in the pit ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Thanks! But now I'm using the seats after all (ctr row 15). I just kept getting dicked around by people, so felt desperate and have a pending sale for the GA tix. :frowning: Just found a buyer on Craigslist again... they better not ditch me this time.
    I guess it's maybe for the best anyway. The friend I'm taking isn't really fun in the pit anyway, I recently learned (plus he's like 6'4", so everyone hates him in the pit). Hopefully I am not filled with resentment and regret in my row 15 seat. What a waste of time. I bought the pit tix because I didn't want the row 15 seats that I got first, and now I'm using them anyway. Dammit. :angry:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    I feel sorry for the poor sap in Row 16 that is sitting directly behind your friend... ;)
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Haha, yeah, me too. I go to a lot of show with him, and always actually feel a tinge of guilt just being with him, lol! I'm 5'10" myself, and even find that I'M blocking view sometimes. But waddaya gonna do, right? We can't expect tall people to take the shitty spots just because of their height! Generally there is this funnel shaped empty space behind my friend in GA pits, lol.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    How was the show? I've seen MM just twice but loved it
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Well it would have been great, but the sound sucked. :( We really couldn't hear the lyrics well at all. It was pretty disappointing. I was going to blame the venue, but then a friend who saw him 2 nights earlier said it was the same for that show. Wtf??
  • Options
    Huh that's weird. Wonder if his sound guy sucks ass or something. I remember it being crazy loud back in 07 or 08 but I think it was all balanced together
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Sounded great from the pit!
    Just would have liked it to be a longer show
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

Sounded great from the pit!
    Just would have liked it to be a longer show

Dammit, I should have kept those GA tix, lol. We had a great seats - pretty close to the pit right in the middle actually... and we just couldn't hear most of the lyrics. Weird.
    Yeah, it was a short show for sure... although I kind of liked getting home that early, lol. I guess I really am getting old. :tongue:
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    i have seen him about 7 or 8 times since 1997. he has gotten progressively worse over the years. I saw him in philly about two years ago, he was soooo stoned he couldnt even finish a song. He just stopped singing and started muttering nonsense during rock is dead. i vowed never to see him ever again, BUT got my fiance tickets to see him for her bday about a month or so ago at the starland ballroom in nj. He was just awful. i am done with that clown
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    No shit huh, that sucks. I am tempted to get tix to see him here in Austin because he'll be at the moody theater (where they film all the pbs acl shows) with the smashing pumpkins. The acoustics in that theater are some of the best I've ever encountered, but I already hate billy corgan. I like MM's old stuff- loved him in the 90's... But if he's going to suck ass there's a lot of doubt that I'll go
  • Options
    Well if I'd been able to hear him singing better, I would have said it was a good show. What few lyrics I could hear sounded pretty good. I didn't think he sucked at all. Just his sound crew did. And he did several of his hits (Dope Show, Obscene, Beautiful People... ).
  • Options
    RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    Weird, I went to the Seattle show and thought the mix was fine. I can hear vocals, bass, guitar, drums and even all the ear candy. Maybe it's cause I am standing at FOH, where the PA is tuned to, and mix is done from. Could also be the room, as QET gets lots of hit and miss reviews for sound (thinking about Soundgarden from a couple years ago, which was night before last Manson show up there).

Here is a clip of what it sounded like where I was standing.
    https://youtu.be/WCKmNQN3DUg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I was at that terrible QE Soundgarden show too. I thought it was the theatre because of that and now this, but a friend who saw him 2 nights earlier in the interior said that they had the same sound problem there (I guess it's possible that they were BOTH just bad venues... I wonder what other shows have sounded bad at the QE?? I find it hard to believe that that particular venue could have bad sound... plus, Manson played there the night right after Soundgarden's shitty show in 2013, and everyone said it sounded great!). Lucky you that you got a show that wasn't fucked!