Stop pretending to be something you aren't... "No Way"

uofmusicuofmusic Posts: 55
edited January 2016 in The Porch
http://www.uofmusic.com/pearl-jam-no-way-yield-to-your-natural-self/

Please read our tribute to "No Way" from the album Yield

Yield, Pearl Jam’s fifth studio album, released in 1998, was proclaimed by the band to be their return to the harder edged style that characterized Ten and VS...
Post edited by uofmusic on

Comments

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Lol - weird why would they choose a photo from WA 91? And Mike was afraid of Ed? Interesting read and always a plus to gets Stone's thoughts. Thanks for posting.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Jack was much more than burned out. He was suffering from terrible manic episodes due to Bipolar (or manic depression depending on what era you hail from). Jack's been open about it, so I think its alright if we are too.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • uofmusicuofmusic Posts: 55
    Thanks for taking the time to read the article! Feedback is always appreciated.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Was Jack really burned out or was it health issues?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474

Was Jack really burned out or was it health issues?

It was a medical issue. He has a mental illness and at that time it spiraled out of control and he realized he had to leave the band to deal with it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    uofmusic said:

Thanks for taking the time to read the article! Feedback is always appreciated.

You're welcome. I enjoy them!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    FoxyRedLa said:

Lol - weird why would they choose a photo from WA 91? And Mike was afraid of Ed? Interesting read and always a plus to gets Stone's thoughts. Thanks for posting.

I remember reading Mike saying that. I could totally see that. Ed was pretty intense back then. Mike came from the metal-guy-having-fun background.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    U of Music is awesome!!!
    Yield is iconic! No Way is a great song full of contradiction. Love it!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    Possibly my favorite song on that album!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata