• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

lolobugg said:

SD48277 said:

vzouzal said:

PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

vant0037 said:

Too many people expect too much from a band. Stop looking for heroes or consistency or values or 1995 or what the fuck ever from a band. Enjoy th music or don't and then move the fuck on.

It's a band.

PJ represents more than a band for me. I don't feel I am unrealistic about my junkie enthusiasm tho. :blush:
    Same here, but even then, sometimes people come up with the craziest expectations, even with the obsession taken into account. Like, sometimes I wonder if certain fans think Eddie is actually Jesus.
    Have you ever witnessed him hand out picks to line of waiting fans? It's eerily similar to watching communion. :open_mouth:
    And then there's the wine he shares...
    You guys have convinced me... he IS Jesus
    To paraphrase Airheads...
    Who would win in a fight, Eddie or Jesus?
    TRICK QUESTION! Eddie is Jesus!
    :lol:
    he'd kick his own ass

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

lolobugg said:

SD48277 said:

vzouzal said:

PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

vant0037 said:

Too many people expect too much from a band. Stop looking for heroes or consistency or values or 1995 or what the fuck ever from a band. Enjoy th music or don't and then move the fuck on.

It's a band.

PJ represents more than a band for me. I don't feel I am unrealistic about my junkie enthusiasm tho. :blush:
    Same here, but even then, sometimes people come up with the craziest expectations, even with the obsession taken into account. Like, sometimes I wonder if certain fans think Eddie is actually Jesus.
    Have you ever witnessed him hand out picks to line of waiting fans? It's eerily similar to watching communion. :open_mouth:
    And then there's the wine he shares...
    You guys have convinced me... he IS Jesus
    To paraphrase Airheads...
    Who would win in a fight, Eddie or Jesus?
    TRICK QUESTION! Eddie is Jesus!
    I ain't farting on no snare drum.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    badbrains said:

my2hands said:

badbrains said:

on2legs said:

And I will wait patiently for you to name another major act that charges $80 for front of house seats.

Tool
    Tool tours the eat coast seemingly once a decade and hasn't put out a record in 9 years
    A long outstanding legal battle with their record label is why they haven't put a new record out. It's still going on. From what I've read, they have plenty of music put together to make an album, they just can't legally make it the way they would like to do it.
    Dyer is correct and the legal battle is over, tool won and record should be done by end of the year. And for a band that barely tours, I've seen them over 23 times live. And I live on the east coast.

Edit- and their shows are structured that way over a tour because they have some background visuals that go with particular songs so they really can't switch up their sets. But when I saw them back in 2011 (?) Nokia theater LA, I got third eye for the first time. Was super stoked.
    I love tool, and understand all of the above... I was just trying to state that they aren't the best example of large rock bands that still charge less than $100... they haven't put out an album in almost a decade and don't really tour, and at this point can't really fill arenas anymore like a PJ level of act so tough for me to compare them... that's not a knock, it is what it is

There are lots of major rock acts that don't charge $100 per ticket that are popular enough to fill arenas and amphitheaters... for example, just scored pit tix for MMJ for $55 each... paid about the same for GA tix for NY w/Crazy Horse the last few years... Petty... DMB... Bruce... all seem to stay under $100
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476
    Tool can fill arenas just fine. They played some on their tour last year.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    It's rare to see tix OVER $100 IMO. Not the other way around.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Yeah, the only ticket I've ever paid $100+ for was an NFL game. Beyond that, I've never paid more than $80 for anything I've ever seen - sporting event, concert, whatever.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

vzouzal said:

It would be really cool if they opened a Pearl Jam Cafe in Seattle. I would love to sink my teeth into a Hey Foxymophandlemamma that's me Burger and share an order of Avocado sticks with the family!

that would be Self Titled Sticks.

Lmao Or Eponymous Sticks for short..