Options

Layaway section in the shop?

vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
Since the shop is now like a TJ Maxx, with a clearance section, I was wondering if a layaway section is in the works?
Honestly between the shop, "mystery box's" ,trading cards wtf? , videos for Target and being so enamoured with the Grammy for best packaging, the once mighty and proud PJ has certainly changed. And change is fine by me, evolution is inevitable, but not all change is necessary or desirable.
I will always love the music, because the music is pure. But this ugly marketing machine is starting to play on my last nerve.

***************SPOILER ALERT********************
For those younger fans just discovering the band, this ain't your Fathers Pearl Jam!

Comments

• Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,373
    Cool.....
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    I remember a few years ago when they didn't have any new shirts in the shop for great lengths of time. I'll take all the new merch they have in there now. It provides you with more options to pick from. It's not like you have to get everything in the shop.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    I remember the 1995 tour shirt I have... you couldn't even read the words "Pearl Jam".
    you really had to stare to make it out.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    It would be really cool if they opened a Pearl Jam Cafe in Seattle. I would love to sink my teeth into a Hey Foxymophandlemamma that's me Burger and share an order of Avocado sticks with the family!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    vzouzal said:

It would be really cool if they opened a Pearl Jam Cafe in Seattle. I would love to sink my teeth into a Hey Foxymophandlemamma that's me Burger and share an order of Avocado sticks with the family!

that would be Self Titled Sticks.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    I'd be embarrassed to admit I knew of the clearance section in TJ Maxx.
  • Options
    jamburger said:

I'd be embarrassed if I posted under the pseudonym "jamburger".

But on behalf of the band, thank you, as it will be a much better name for the Burger at Pearl Jam Cafe!
  • Options
    wow, sometimes the best things come out of nothing...
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    vzouzal said:

jamburger said:

But on behalf of the band, thank you, as it will be a much better name for the Burger at Pearl Jam Cafe!
    It's not a pseudonym. Legally changed it years ago.
  • Options
    vzouzal said:

wow, sometimes the best things come out of nothing...

welcome to the board. you'll fit in well over in AMT.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,016
    jamburger said:

Hahahaha!!!
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    At least you're not bitter.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

vzouzal said:

that would be Self Titled Sticks.
    :rofl:
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I remember my first beer.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    DewieCox said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    What's so wrong about promoting an album with Target or being proud to win a Grammy for best recording package? "This ain't your father's Pearl Jam!" Yeah, this ain't 1995, either. Get over it.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    vzouzal said:

jamburger said:

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    this thread has tremendous potential
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I don't even go near the merch now. It use to be dark and/or cool. Now it's geared towards a bubble gum factory. I'm sticking to the music. Except songs like fixer of course. Maybe Ed sang that one for his daughters but that song almost ruins the album for me.

End music rant of the day.
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    edited March 2015
    I was just stunned to find an item I wanted to get will cost almost double its value ($20 U.S.) for the shipping ($38 U.S., almost $60 U.S. total), plus the exchange rate, plus any duties paid at the border, lol...rethinking the purchase now, unfortunately, though I may go the route of getting it shipped to my U.S. family (I'm in Canada) then wait for them to get up to their cottage over the summer, lol...

Edit: Sorry, I know it's a bit off-topic, just felt the need to vent a touch, lol...
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Vault 4 was $50. Decent price for a quality product. With shipping it was $85. The exchange in Canada is now 1.3. With that and the possibility of 25% duty it's crazy how much things cost now. I can't blame them but does it really cost $35 to ship?
  • Options

What's so wrong about promoting an album with Target or being proud to win a Grammy for best recording package? "This ain't your father's Pearl Jam!" Yeah, this ain't 1995, either. Get over it.

True. Stardate is 2015. I guess I was under the belief that the boys were the stick to their guns type and not so hypocritical. Then again perhaps its all the company running their media presence fault?
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Yeah, I was (possibly still, lol) ordering a book, which I get is a heavier item, and shipping's in part based on weight. Frustrating all the same, though I'm even more stunned at $85 for shipping (I presume) a vinyl multiple LP, wow.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430
    vzouzal said:

Since the shop is now like a TJ Maxx, with a clearance section, I was wondering if a layaway section is in the works?
    Honestly between the shop, "mystery box's" ,trading cards wtf? , videos for Target and being so enamoured with the Grammy for best packaging, the once mighty and proud PJ has certainly changed. And change is fine by me, evolution is inevitable, but not all change is necessary or desirable.
    I will always love the music, because the music is pure. But this ugly marketing machine is starting to play on my last nerve.

For those younger fans just discovering the band, this ain't your Fathers Pearl Jam!

I love when the cool self righteous people make an appearance.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476
    PRAMG

You forgot to mention playing the Oracle thing.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

vzouzal said:

I love when the cool self righteous people make an appearance.
    I was unaware opinions were "cool", but if that's the case, cool! I apologize if my negative opinions regarding Pearl Jam offended you. If it makes you feel any better, they are and always will be my favourite band. I just feel like they have completely pulled a 360 over the past 5-7 years and it has surprised so much, that I felt compelled to make a little noise.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Just use a credit card. Next thread?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,540
    Well there's plenty of people quick to jump on this guy or anyone who voices something negative that they feel but I think vzouzal is more or less right. I guess the band is trying to stay up with today's world which is fine but I do think it's gone a bit overboard as well. I pretty much avoid the majority of it though.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Isn't PJ aiming to please? Who asks for all this merch? And variety?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.