I need help buying Mexico City tickets from United States

ten474ten474 Los Angeles Posts: 142
When I log onto the Mexican Ticketmaster site, it only allows me to select "Banamex" credit cards. Even when I tell the site my credit card is from another country, it still only gives me a Banamex Visa or Mastercard option. I tried putting in my credit card info anyway and it wouldn't work. Any suggestions? I saw an old thread that said you have to buy a pre-paod Mexican Credit Card?
2000: Los Angeles, San Bernardino
2003: Irvine, Las Vegas, Santa Barbara
2006: Los Angeles N1 & N2
2011: Mexico City
2013: Wrigley Field, Los Angeles N1 & N2
2014: Austin City Limits Weekend 1
2015: Mexico City
2016: Fenway N1 & N2
2018: Seattle N1 & N2, Missoula, Boston N1 & N2
2021: Ohana I, Ohana II
2022: San Diego, LA N1 & N2, Oakland N1 & N2, Fresno
2023: St. Paul N1 & N2

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    On one of the pages there is a tab to click to indicate that your address is out of the country. It should take you to a new bill page where you can choose Visa, MC, etc.... I was able use my Visa card to purchase tickets.
  • MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    I found the tab where it allows me enter USA and California but still banamex visa options only....you really can't use regular visa, MC..etc??
  • Yesterday's sale was only for Banamex card holders. This is a regular practice in Ticketmaster Mexico.
    Today the tickets will be available to everyone, so you should see more options other than only Banamex.
  • Open sale right now..! hurry..!
    i got memories... i got shit___..
  • ten474ten474 Los Angeles Posts: 142
    Thanks everyone, I was logged on during the "BanaMex" presale but just got tickets! See you there!

I found the tab where it allows me enter USA and California but still banamex visa options only....you really can't use regular visa, MC..etc??

Penny, did you get tickets?

Nope still saying won't accept my CC even though regular visa is an option... What gives?
    Paranoid boy, thank you for your help!!
  • pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    its because it was a special sale for the Banamex cardholders, today is the general public sale
    General public sale, how come it won't accept my CC?
    mmm I dont know,

General public sale, how come it won't accept my CC?

I dont know. How many tickets do you want to buy? Don't worry they usually sellout until October. Do youy want me to help you buy them? I have a ticketstand next to my job.

• edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    I'm in California and trying to buy tickets, but it appears that the only option for folks outside of Mexico is the Int'l Will Call. According to the verbiage, it says there will be no Will Call on the day of the event, and Will Call tickets are to be picked up 48-hours before the event, otherwise they'll be cancelled. Are you folks all getting there two days before the event to get your tickets? My Spanish is not so good so I may have mis-read this.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    edited March 2015
    edpearson said:

I'm in California and trying to buy tickets, but it appears that the only option for folks outside of Mexico is the Int'l Will Call. According to the verbiage, it says there will be no Will Call on the day of the event, and Will Call tickets are to be picked up 48-hours before the event, otherwise they'll be cancelled. Are you folks all getting there two days before the event to get your tickets? My Spanish is not so good so I may have mis-read this.

The international Will call pickup is one hour before the show.

NYPJ
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edpearson said:

International Will Call has different language than regular Will Call.

Will call: Mexico

Pick up your tickets, Will Call can be collected 24 hours after purchase and 2 day prior to the event date (or will be cancelled) at Ticketmaster Outlets in Mexico: Farmacias del Ahorro, Gandhi, Mega Comercial Mexicana, Liverpool, Fabricas de Francia (MIXUP DOES NOT PROVIDE WILL CALL SERVICE) and 1 hour prior to the event at the venue's box office if you bought your tickets 72 hrs. Prior to event date. NOTE: some box office do not provide Will Call service, take a look in to the event information) Tickets can only be retrieved by the cardholder with the order confirmation number, credit card used to make the purchase and a valid photo ID with signature (IFE, military ID, professional ID or passport). Web, mini or non embossed cards are not accepted with this delivery method. Important: All tickets not collected 48 hours before the event will be cancelled without prior notification.

Will call: Other country
    ONLY FOR NON MEXICAN ISSUED CREDIT CARDS. Tickets held at Will Call can be collected 24 hours after the purchase and 1 day prior to the event at Ticketmaster Outlets in Mexico (MIXUP DOES NOT PROVIDE WILL CALL SERVICE) or 1 hour prior to the event in the venue's box office. Tickets can only be retrieved by the cardholder with the order confirmation number, credit card used to make the purchase and a valid photo ID with signature (state ID, driver's license or passport).Web, mini or non embossed cards are not accepted with this delivery method.
    Thanks! That makes me feel better about getting tix for the show. I can fly out the day before only, thus the verbiage I was reading was clearly the Will Call for MX residents.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

Hey guys, I am flying in on Thursday the 26th. I have a friend in Mexico City and went to thi same concert in 2011. We should try and get a group to meet up. I got tix in General Admission A, how about you guys?

edited March 2015
    I waited too long and missed out on the General A seats, plus my wife does not like to stand. So I got the following which is on Mike's side:
    Section: NA-05A
    Row: 8
    Seats: 1 - 4

I'm up for any kind of meet-up. Just my wife and I and our Spanish is so-so. I have two extras just in case one of my colleagues (who is actually from Mexico City) feels like tagging along. I need to book my hotel so I'll probably book where the PJ community is staying.

Nos vemos en Mexico!
    Post edited by edpearson on
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

That's cool, I thought of getting seats also as i am old (40) but really wanna try and get up close. My GF likes staying somewhere nice so I think we are gonna book the St. Regis, but please let m know if you find out about a specific hotel where the PJ community is staying.

• SUIXSUISUIXSUI Posts: 7
    I believe I am arriving Thursday the 26th as well. I got General A tix as well. Can't wait. Pearl Jam and Mexico City - hell yes!
    edited March 2015
    lets make a meetup friday 27 in Polanco, I live here.
    Post edited by pouch15 on
  • SUIXSUISUIXSUI Posts: 7
    A huevo
    How early do you think one would have to get there to get a spot right up front on the rail? A few hours? Any idea what time they start letting people in?
    I also want to get there early and buy some of the awesome "bootleg" merchandise vendors sell outside.

I can't remember last time if there was a early entrance for members. But if you want to be front rail, you should maybe be there 5 hours before the show. Its a big place, maybe 60 thousand people.
    pouch15 said:

I can't remember last time if there was a early entrance for members. But if you want to be front rail, you should maybe be there 5 hours before the show. Its a big place, maybe 60 thousand people.

Thanks pouch. I went in 2011 but it took me two hours to get to the stadium by taxi because of so much traffic and didn't get inside until the concert had already started.
    5 hours is a lot! I am up for 3 hours though! :)

Thanks pouch. I went in 2011 but it took me two hours to get to the stadium by taxi because of so much traffic and didn't get inside until the concert had already started.

Its a saturday so traffic won´t be a huge problem. Im renting a van with a driver, so if anyone wants a ride, just let me know.
    pouch15 said:

Its a saturday so traffic won´t be a huge problem. Im renting a van with a driver, so if anyone wants a ride, just let me know.

I may take you up on that!

• BP144323BP144323 San Diego Posts: 1
    We are staying in the Hyatt Regency in the Polanco district and will be arriving Friday evening from San Diego. If anyone is meeting up or has any tips or tricks, we're all ears. We have secured a car to the concert as well leaving Polanco at 5pm. Based on info on this thread we can pick up tickets at the stadium starting at 7pm. Is that advised or better to hit a Ticketmaster outlet to pick up Friday evening>?