Options

Who Is Going to Santiago Nov 4, 2015!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    killmoretroutkillmoretrout Burque, NM Posts: 160
    ALL OF THAT! We were on a motorcycle trip up from southern California. Camped in Banff for 4 nights, and took that beautiful 93 highway from Banff to Jasper and back. The most unreal 300 or so miles I've ever ridden... just astounding. How sad, what's left of the Columbia Ice Fields.

Great little town, Jasper. Went to the brew co, filled the growlers, met some cool locals. Way bummed we didn't have more time up there. Alberta (what I saw) is a beautiful, beautiful province.

We headed south to Montana/Glacier after that. Beautiful park, still a lot of fires on the east side. Regardless, we should've seen Glacier first, then Banff. After seeing the Canadian Rockies, all other nature seems to fall into second place.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Sweet man. People do come from around the world to visit our Rocky Mountains. I've been lucky to live within 45 minutes of them most of my life.
    Glad you had a good trip.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    edited August 2015
    Gonna post soon the details of the pj fans party at 3rd nov at santiago
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    ^^^^^
    Right on bud. We are arriving in Santiago on the 2nd so if we are going to party, that's the night :smiley:
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, When I purchased my Ten Club tickets to Santiago I didn't have my passport on me so I used my US state Driver's License number instead of my passport number as the DNI. As long as I have my license with me do you think it will be a hassle at Will call? Also, since my friends are lame I have two extra Ten Club tickets to the show if anyone would like them. I think they are $54 US and they are in the Andes section.
  • Options
    JP77301 said:

Hi Everyone, When I purchased my Ten Club tickets to Santiago I didn't have my passport on me so I used my US state Driver's License number instead of my passport number as the DNI. As long as I have my license with me do you think it will be a hassle at Will call? Also, since my friends are lame I have two extra Ten Club tickets to the show if anyone would like them. I think they are $54 US and they are in the Andes section.

I'm pretty sure if you have both Identifications you will be ok. I wouldn't want to take my passport to a concert in case it was lost or stolen.
    Passports are bitch to recover when you are in a foreign country. I have heard some horror stories.
  • Options

JP77301 said:

I'm pretty sure if you have both Identifications you will be ok. I wouldn't want to take my passport to a concert in case it was lost or stolen.
    Passports are bitch to recover when you are in a foreign country. I have heard some horror stories.
    Thanks. I figure it shouldn't be problem but you never know.
  • Options
    Less than 2 months to go... Sweeeeeet :D
  • Options
    lizabelle1217lizabelle1217 Central Jersey Posts: 222
    After GCF this past Saturday, I am so totally stoked to not only see the boys again in a little over a month, but to also to make some new PJ friends! Hubs (@MS23098 ) and I will be traveling down from NJ, arriving on the 2nd. We'll definitely be at the meet up the night of the 3rd. Very cool that some are going to Tierra del Fuego after... It was a toss-up for us whether to go there or Easter Island. We chose Easter Island! Can't wait to see the Moai!
    Not sure what else we'll do in Santiago... Anyone have ideas?
  • Options
    I'm guessing we will be on the same flight? leave jfk at 8pm on 11/1? There's lots of hiking outside the city, visiting valaparaio, and https://www.facebook.com/OktoberfestChil?fref=ts
  • Options
    killmoretroutkillmoretrout Burque, NM Posts: 160
    As you guys are all having the time of your lives, if you run across anyone looking for 2 tix, keep me in mind.
  • Options
    JP77301 said:

I'm guessing we will be on the same flight? leave jfk at 8pm on 11/1? There's lots of hiking outside the city, visiting valaparaio, and https://www.facebook.com/OktoberfestChil?fref=ts

We are leaving out of Newark and going through Miami. Since we land pretty early on the 2nd, I think we are planning on trying to do some kind of wine tour that day, as long as we can check in to our place early enough. And then on the 3rd, I think we are going to go to the zoo and the big Metropolitano park and just putter around the city before whatever gathering there will be that day. This is all subject to change, though!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Also, that Oktoberfest looks awesome, and only like $5 to get in. I wonder how much the beers themselves are... Would be awesome to get a group to go one night!!
    Post edited by lizabelle1217 on
  • Options
    Oktoberfest hey? That sounds intriguing lol
  • Options

As you guys are all having the time of your lives, if you run across anyone looking for 2 tix, keep me in mind.

You bet man!
  • Options
    Im in and some other peruvian fellas that represents the Official Peruvian Pearl Jam fans Community
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Anyone interested in getting a group together to meet up at the Oktoberfest...?
  • Options
    I think we could be enticed into that. Better half's parents are from Germany (she was born in Ontario)
  • Options
    We're arriving around 7 am on the 2nd and to figure out what our plan will be in and around Santiago. We fly to Easter Island the day after the show, so we don't have much time in the area. The night of the 3rd will be the meet-up party thing that Dimi and friends are pulling together, and the night of the 4th is the show, obviously. :) We want to cram as much fun in as possible!
    Just booked a winery bike tour for the 3rd, so that day is pretty much full now.
    Looks like if folks wanted to, we could do the Oktoberfest later in the day on the 2nd...?
  • Options
    MS23098MS23098 Posts: 102
    Oktoberfest looks to be 30km south of Santiago. So if we are going to get a group together we should try and coordinate getting on same buses maybe
  • Options
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I'll be going to Oktoberfest on the 5th. Here's my itinerary for the first few days....
    11/2/2015 Arrive Santiago-835am----Check in, Check out city,
    11/3/2015 Bus to Valaparaiso/Vina Del Mar-1.5Hrs----Pj fan party-7pm RockAxis Bar
    11/4/2015 Mahuida Park in the morning(La Reina-bus stop PD742), PEARL JAM
    11/5/2015 Oktoberfest Starts at 12:30pm-Open until 10pm
    11/6/2015 Depart Santiago,flight 610am, flight to Punta Arenas,Arrive 935am.
    Anyone else going to Punta Arenas?
  • Options
    Arriving 10/31 in morning from Houston and catching soccer match (Colo Colo v Universidad) then leaving for Valdivia and Villarrica area and returning to Santiago 10/3. Seeing as I won't be watching my beloved Cubs in the World Series, I should have plenty of time to explore & enjoy what Chile has to offer.

10/6 - depart to Buenos Aires for 2nd and final leg of trip. I'm already sad just thinking about and our trip hasn't started.

• Options
    JP77301 said:

I'll be going to Oktoberfest on the 5th. Here's my itinerary for the first few days....
    11/2/2015 Arrive Santiago-835am----Check in, Check out city,
    11/3/2015 Bus to Valaparaiso/Vina Del Mar-1.5Hrs----Pj fan party-7pm RockAxis Bar
    11/4/2015 Mahuida Park in the morning(La Reina-bus stop PD742), PEARL JAM
    11/5/2015 Oktoberfest Starts at 12:30pm-Open until 10pm
    11/6/2015 Depart Santiago,flight 610am, flight to Punta Arenas,Arrive 935am.
    Anyone else going to Punta Arenas?

We had it all planned out, and had to cancel the second week of the trip. Heading home after BA
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I just check the time from home to travel to make it to santiago
    Train from home to athens 5 hours..1 hour athens to the airport...3 hours fligjt to zurich..2 hours waiting for connection flight...12hours and 30 min flight to sao paulo...8 hours waiting at sao paulo for connention flight and 4 hours flight to santiago....total....35 hours and 30 min....
    Hahahhahaha...epic!!!...fuck me...
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • Options
    ^^^^^^
    Yikes....
  • Options

Train from home to athens 5 hours..1 hour athens to the airport...3 hours fligjt to zurich..2 hours waiting for connection flight...12hours and 30 min flight to sao paulo...8 hours waiting at sao paulo for connention flight and 4 hours flight to santiago....total....35 hours and 30 min....

Oh. my. gosh.... I do not envy you!! That trip sounds like a nightmare, but it will all be worth it in the end, no? :D
  • Options

Oh. my. gosh.... I do not envy you!! That trip sounds like a nightmare, but it will all be worth it in the end, no? :D
    oh yeah
  • Options

Oh, my! That's devotion for sure! :clap:
  • Options
    MS23098MS23098 Posts: 102
    So I guess you're leaving in about ten minutes huh Dimi?