Happy 20th Anniversary Sydney Australia 3/11/95!

cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
Happy 20th Anniversary!
03/11/95 – Eastern Creek Raceway: Sydney, Australia [130m]
attendance: 41,000
soundcheck: Dissident, Glorified G (probably incomplete)
support act: The Meanies
set: Last Exit, Animal, Spin the Black Circle, Even Flow, Corduroy, Not for You/(Improv), Elderly Woman, Go, Jeremy, Why Go, State of Love and Trust, Jack Irons chant/Daughter/(Hey Hey, My My), Whipping, I Got Shit, Rearviewmirror/Jam, Alive, Blood, Black, Satan’s Bed/Improv, Better Man, Immortality, Porch, Indifference, Rockin’ in the Free World
notes: Ed solos ‘Throw Your Arms Around Me,’ a Hunters and Collectors cover, prior to The Meanies’ set, calling it “… an Australian song” and he’s sporting a wig! Ed, experiencing throat problems, sips hot tea and says they won’t play until the crowd gets some water. (“I’d give you some of this but it’s hot tea.”) The Meanies’ singer joins PJ in ‘RitFW.’
The jam that extends from the outro of Rearviewmirror is amazing! If you have the recording, give it a listen.

Comments

• BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    My life was profoundly changed after this show. Having seen lots of live music in my life but this is where it was taken to another level & where my obsession for PJ began. 20 years wow
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    These are EXACTLY the stories that I love to hear that came from the Vitalogy tour. Thanks BALLBOY!

These are EXACTLY the stories that I love to hear that came from the Vitalogy tour. Thanks BALLBOY!

Doesn't seem to be anyone alive 20 years on from this epic show. Maybe the majority of people from this show were the fans who didn't care after No Code was released. Surely there must be fans left to talk about Eastern Creek?
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    we can talk about it, but i wasn't there! it was a masterstroke of an addition to the touring schedule to get the big crowd.

but it was bad enough getting to olympic park in 06, eastern creek would have been a pain in the arse travel wise.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    I was there!! It was fucking amazing!! I'm a 5ft8 girl (well a girl then!) and I still made it to the mosh. The energy was incredible, wish I could relive it
    Gillycw said:

I was there!! It was fucking amazing!! I'm a 5ft8 girl (well a girl then!) and I still made it to the mosh. The energy was incredible, wish I could relive it

Thats more like it. Were you the girl i carried out during the madness when The Meanies were on? That was scary stuff
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    41,000 freaking people! incredible. is the eastern creek raceway like a nascar stadium?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • SuzyntheqSuzyntheq Posts: 48
    I remember it had been raining that week but it cleared that night and we had a full moon! I didn't sleep the night before I was so excited. I swapped a distortion peddle for a ticket! My favourite band then, my favourite band now. Australia's first tour! I remember everything! Indifference at the end was fucking unbelievable. One of the greatest days of my life.
    BALLBOY said:

Gillycw said:

Thats more like it. Were you the girl i carried out during the madness when The Meanies were on? That was scary stuff
    Haha no that wasn't me. I remember my feet not actually touching the ground at one point though! Just being lifted up by the crowd and moved around in a mass of people. I think I was on a Bart too to make it really interesting.
    Crazy , probably the most hectic mosh I've been in. After that I skedaddled back to the safe zone
    And the mighty Cosmic Psychos were a support as well!
    Also in 1995 was the first Australian tour in 23 years by The Rolling Stones. Also my favourite band! In the same year! I was 25 and life was good........
    Gillycw said:

BALLBOY said:

Gillycw said:

Haha no that wasn't me. I remember my feet not actually touching the ground at one point though! Just being lifted up by the crowd and moved around in a mass of people. I think I was on a Bart too to make it really interesting.
    Crazy , probably the most hectic mosh I've been in. After that I skedaddled back to the safe zone
    I will never forget the look on the securities faces when it kicked off, they were really going to earn their money that day but when PJ came on it was ok as everyone was in to it unlike the raging sea when The Meanies came on.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Oooo what's this Satan's Bed with improv??!?!?! :flushed:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    FoxyRedLa said:

Oooo what's this Satan's Bed with improv??!?!?! :flushed:

It's a pretty cool improv, but short at that. Clocking in at a minute and 15 seconds.
    mcgruff10 said:

41,000 freaking people! incredible. is the eastern creek raceway like a nascar stadium?

Kind of, on a much smaller scale back then. Where the concert was though was just a muddy field from memory. After a week of rain beforehand, up front was a quagmire!
    BALLBOY said:

Gillycw said:

BALLBOY said:

Gillycw said:

I will never forget the look on the securities faces when it kicked off, they were really going to earn their money that day but when PJ came on it was ok as everyone was in to it unlike the raging sea when The Meanies came on.
    I can imagine! They would have been freaking!
    Man what a night, I'm so glad I was there
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    Gillycw said:

mcgruff10 said:

Kind of, on a much smaller scale back then. Where the concert was though was just a muddy field from memory. After a week of rain beforehand, up front was a quagmire!
    it's nothing like a nascar stadium apart from there being bitumen in the vicinity. no grandstands, just an open field (of in this case, mud).

google map "Eastern Creek International Raceway, Brabham Drive, Eastern Creek NSW"
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.