Matt on splitting time between PJ, Soundgarden

Good interview from the greatest drummer in rock.

http://thewireless.co.nz/articles/interview-soundgarden

Comments

• BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Fascinating: Soundgarden could've taken "You Are." Kim loved it. But Matt acknowledged Ed owned it when it became a PJ song.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited March 2015
    Great interview! Thanks for posting.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Cool interview.

Would love to hear Soundgarden do You Are. I think Kim was right, they would kill it. Not that PJ doesn't, just be different. Along that same thought, it would be interesting for Matt to bring the same song to both bands and see what happens. Kind of a Times of Trouble/Footsteps thing.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    At least he recognizes that he plays things to fast. That's my biggest complaint about his style. Hecan turn a 4 minute song into a 3 minute song with hhow fast he plays.
  • can we get a transcription of this interview? i'm too lazy to listen to the audio interview. :bee:
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Thanks for posting that! Would love to gear an SG version of you are!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited March 2015
    Love! I'm always in awe when he's drumming during Jesus Christ Pose. I think Chris is super hot and I'm practically drooling at every Soundgarden show, but for JCP, eyes only on Matt!
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    Suziemay said:

Love! I'm always in awe when he's drumming during Jesus Christ Pose. I think Chris is super hot and I'm practically drooling at every Soundgarden show, but for JCP, eyes only on Matt!

I tend to spend the majority of my Pearl Jam and Soundgarden concerts watching Matt. Total fanboy. No problem admitting it whatsoever.

Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    NWOntario said:

Suziemay said:

I tend to spend the majority of my Pearl Jam and Soundgarden concerts watching Matt. Total fanboy. No problem admitting it whatsoever.

At Soundgarden shows I'm 50/50 between Chris and Matt. It would be 100% Matt if Chris weren't so darn hot :blush:

For Pearl Jam, it's hard to focus on just one person because they are all so fun to watch.