Options

Fantasy Baseball League 2015

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Frig Frag. Saw the flip flop coming with Ani, am fine to have lost that....not fine the way people are dropping like flies on my team. Losing Stanton hurts.
    Need to see Lackey be OK and Guerra and Salazar come off the DL this week to get a few starts before playoffs in.

Team #7 is 22 games behind Team #6 and the last playoff spot. Only thing in play this week is position. Eric and Ani both within striking distance of the 1st round bye....and with Eric playing Empty's team there is a very real chance at a big # coming there.

Should be interesting!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

Frig Frag. Saw the flip flop coming with Ani, am fine to have lost that....not fine the way people are dropping like flies on my team. Losing Stanton hurts.
    Need to see Lackey be OK and Guerra and Salazar come off the DL this week to get a few starts before playoffs in.

Team #7 is 22 games behind Team #6 and the last playoff spot. Only thing in play this week is position. Eric and Ani both within striking distance of the 1st round bye....and with Eric playing Empty's team there is a very real chance at a big # coming there.

Should be interesting!

Stanton has had a down year overall. Losing him shouldn't hurt you too bad.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I get to play the team that made zero moves this week. Hoping for a smack down on Bartolo's Colon by the Assholes to let Eric and I have a shot.

Empty, nut up this week and remember to set your lineup please. Need you to take some categories from Eric to give me a shot.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

I get to play the team that made zero moves this week. Hoping for a smack down on Bartolo's Colon by the Assholes to let Eric and I have a shot.

Empty, nut up this week and remember to set your lineup please. Need you to take some categories from Eric to give me a shot.

Lol. Empty got smoked last week.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

Should be interesting!

Last month (just pulled last 30 days stats) he was 26/99, 5 HR, 19 RBI. Gonna miss that -- the wire is filled with guesswork at this point of the year. Sure, the guy I picked up for him (Brad Miller) has been hotter, but would I rather bet that in 2 weeks when my playoff matchup begins that the new guy or Stanton would be more reliable? Stanton.
  • Options

Should be interesting!

Last month (just pulled last 30 days stats) he was 26/99, 5 HR, 19 RBI. Gonna miss that -- the wire is filled with guesswork at this point of the year. Sure, the guy I picked up for him (Brad Miller) has been hotter, but would I rather bet that in 2 weeks when my playoff matchup begins that the new guy or Stanton would be more reliable? Stanton.
    I guess, if .250 is what you're striving for, you'll miss it. Lol
  • Options
    I'll take .250, 5 HR, 19 RBI over the next 30 days gladly.
    Seems only 7 have more than 19 RBI over that period for OF.
    5 HR is only topped by 14 OF over that period.
    22 Outfielders have more total bases over that same 30 day rack.

12 teams. 3 OF positions each (we can pretend nobody uses OF in the UTIL spot or that some fools do not have 3-4 OF on their benches instead of using those slots for SPs)

That is 36 Outfield eligible players one could assume are made up of top 36 ranged OF players, or thereabouts.

Anything inside the top 30 is going to be desirable and tough to replace.

So when those stats show as only 7/14/22 players doing better than Stanton....yes, he may very well be missed.
  • Options

I'll take .250, 5 HR, 19 RBI over the next 30 days gladly.
    Seems only 7 have more than 19 RBI over that period for OF.
    5 HR is only topped by 14 OF over that period.
    22 Outfielders have more total bases over that same 30 day rack.

12 teams. 3 OF positions each (we can pretend nobody uses OF in the UTIL spot or that some fools do not have 3-4 OF on their benches instead of using those slots for SPs)

That is 36 Outfield eligible players one could assume are made up of top 36 ranged OF players, or thereabouts.

Anything inside the top 30 is going to be desirable and tough to replace.

So when those stats show as only 7/14/22 players doing better than Stanton....yes, he may very well be missed.

You did way too much research to say stanton had ano above average month in homeruns and rbis.
  • Options
    Speaking of short term stats, I am going to miss Dozier being this hot. He put up a stat line last week of 8/27, 6 runs, 4 Hr's, 23 TB and 7 RBI's. Needed that since Donaldson decided to shit the bed last week.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Proving my point. Silly to scoff at a .250 BA and to say the player is not valuable.
    If we used Yahoo it would have taken two clicks to give you a ranking for time periods. Since we use ShitESPN I need to click the button about 10 times and to do some basic counting.
  • Options

Proving my point. Silly to scoff at a .250 BA and to say the player is not valuable.
    If we used Yahoo it would have taken two clicks to give you a ranking for time periods. Since we use ShitESPN I need to click the button about 10 times and to do some basic counting.

250 is trash
  • Options
    Top OF option available is Melky. Yes he is hitting .299 but has not hit a homer in weeks and gives you nothing but singles mostly. I would rather have .250 and get some RBI's and the occasional homer. In a weekly matchup the difference between a .250 hitter and a .299 hitter is 1 to 2 hits.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Hahah, you are just being a tool.
    A tool who missed the playoffs. ;)
  • Options

Hahah, you are just being a tool.
    A tool who missed the playoffs. ;)

Yup, my team got hot too late. And pitching injuries killed me
  • Options
    I would point at team management....not a coincidence that there is not a single team that qualified that has more than 2 bench hitters. You need to carry more SP to win consistently. With only 1 exception, the teams that missed all had +2 hitters on their bench. (Empty is the exception....make of that what you will.)
  • Options
    I'm with F Me. I carry 2 bench hitters. An extra outfielder and a super sub that Baez is filling for me now. I like having the two for off days and short injury fill ins. Other than that bench guys do nothing but aggravate you when they go on a tear sitting on your bench. Would rather get an extra pitching start in or 2 a week with the other extra bench slots.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    I typically carry 0 bench hitters in any leagues that I am in. I dont play in any Start-limited leagues other than this one, but even with the start limits you don't use them all up most weeks and it makes more sense I feel.

Numbers support it this season.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I would point at team management....not a coincidence that there is not a single team that qualified that has more than 2 bench hitters. You need to carry more SP to win consistently. With only 1 exception, the teams that missed all had +2 hitters on their bench. (Empty is the exception....make of that what you will.)

The categories are weighted the same. Having a bench hitter is really irrelevant when you look at what's on the wire. For fucks sake, I had 4 pitchers on the DL at once.
    Post edited by Degeneratefk on
  • Options
    Excuses is all I hear. Many of us had periods where we were decimated by injuries.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Sure. In no way am I saying I should be in the playoffs. My hitting was atrocious in the first half. I was only winning in pitching categories.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    top 10 teams make the playoffs, right? image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Nutted up the best I could with this limp dick of a team. 6-7-1 as of Sunday 9 East time
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    I scratched and clawed my my to the 7th seed. I needed 3 more weeks to make the pkayoffs. Definitely not starting the playoffs so soon next year. 1 week playoff match ups until the finals! I had one of the hottest teams in the league after the break.
  • Options
    Good luck for the teams starting today. I wait and hope to get healthy before my matchup starts!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Good luck everyone left. I have a feeling it will be 1 and done in the playoffs for us. Too many hitters disappeared late in the season (looking at you mostly Donaldson).
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    That was an interesting day for us yesterday to kickoff the second round. Only managed to get 4 hits but all 4 were homers. Not sure if I should be pissed at my team or happy with them.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    My team choked so hard
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    If it were not for Dozier I would be with Eric. Dude is now up to 8 homers in his last 7 games.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    My bats were ok

My pitchers blew chunks
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98