Options

New tour or new album 2015

2»

Comments

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Album. A new album will result in a tour to support the album so you get both new material (which lasts forever) and a tour. Pretty much win win. Why, do people think they would put out an album and not tour to support it?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    They could pull a 2005 or 2008 style tour - no new album but working on one.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    DEFINITELY TOUR...
    Toronto, Montreal & Eastern Canada please!!!
    :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    kce8 said:

The last thing I would want to see is for the band to split up!
    Let them get a long free time if it´s needed but never split up! They just shouldn´t become a reunited band !!!
    I think they have to get together writing their songs together again.

I understand your feeling here, kce8. Perhaps I did not choose my words well. What I'm suggesting (and as we all know almost every big name band in the world is clambering to hear my opinion, right, haha!) is not so much a break up but more like a sabbatical. Back off a while, get inspired, go at it again. Either that or the go all out and become a regular working band again. Look at The Ramones. After their first three or four records they never released anything as good as those early records but they kept at it anyway. That was one hell of a work horse band.

But the bottom line is, I don't really have any major complaints. These guys have put out a great catalog of music, they play their asses off... when they do play... and what more can you ask for? I'm still a fan.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,058
    edited March 2015
    Tour. No other band gets me fired up the way PJ does when I have tix to a show (And I've seen a LOT of bands). The anticipation and then the day of show are just a different feeling for me so I'll take a tour every time.
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Tour, definitely. I enjoy seeing a tour on a non-album year, as the setlists seem to be even more varied.

If not a PJ tour, I'd hope to see Ed solo this year. I've only seen 2 of those shows, in 2011, and have been dying to see another show since!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 230
    Definately:
    -New RNDM record+tour
    -10c spam mails
    -South America tour in november

Possible:
    -1996/1998 boxset
    -New Eddie solo record+tour (I think this is almost a definately ;) )
    -A Mike/Barret Martin/Duff Mckagan/? album
    -Matt releases album with Alain Johannes/Ben Sheppard

Wishes:
    -Lost Dogs II
    -No furhur PJ tours. Would be nice to keep it of the radar for a year.
    -That PJ enters the studio again to record whatever comes to mind and just release it. No frenzy...

Not likely:
    -New Soundgarden album. I think Chris wants another solo record first.
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    Take some time off but HAVE to come to Vegas soon after ! I'm 61 and want to see them at least one more time while I can still rock
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    brianlux said:

kce8 said:

Let them get a long free time if it´s needed but never split up! They just shouldn´t become a reunited band !!!

I understand your feeling here, kce8. Perhaps I did not choose my words well. What I'm suggesting (and as we all know almost every big name band in the world is clambering to hear my opinion, right, haha!) is not so much a break up but more like a sabbatical. Back off a while, get inspired, go at it again. Either that or the go all out and become a regular working band again. Look at The Ramones. After their first three or four records they never released anything as good as those early records but they kept at it anyway. That was one hell of a work horse band.

But the bottom line is, I don't really have any major complaints. These guys have put out a great catalog of music, they play their asses off... when they do play... and what more can you ask for? I'm still a fan.

Agree on the no complaints part. As for a sabbatical, I think they were making their best work when they were playing more. Five years is too long between records. I'd like to see them go balls out for a year or two with a record smushed in there somewhere and then walk off into the sunset. Maybe playing a handful of shows now and then for good causes. Maybe a going out on top type of thing. Father time is undefeated and there will be an eventual decline.
  • Options

brianlux said:

kce8 said:

Agree on the no complaints part. As for a sabbatical, I think they were making their best work when they were playing more. Five years is too long between records. I'd like to see them go balls out for a year or two with a record smushed in there somewhere and then walk off into the sunset. Maybe playing a handful of shows now and then for good causes. Maybe a going out on top type of thing. Father time is undefeated and there will be an eventual decline.
    Did you EVER think that The Rolling Stones or The Who would still be touring today????
    The Who are celebrating their 50th year on this tour...
    and The Rolling Stones are going into their 53rd year!!
    It really does make you wonder just how much longer PJ will be on the road!! :rock_on:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    derbydave said:

brianlux said:

kce8 said:

Did you EVER think that The Rolling Stones or The Who would still be touring today????
    It really does make you wonder just how much longer PJ will be on the road!! :rock_on:
    No I never thought they would be still going, but have you heard them play recently? I am a big fan of both of those bands but they are a shell of their former selves.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

derbydave said:

brianlux said:

kce8 said:

No I never thought they would be still going, but have you heard them play recently? I am a big fan of both of those bands but they are a shell of their former selves.
    I'm seeing The Who here in Columbus at Nationwide Arena in May...
    it will be an interesting show for me!!
    I've seen them twice before, once in the 70's and then again in the 80's,
    so not really sure what to expect.
    I have no desire to see The Stones this tour even though they are playing right here in Columbus at Ohio Stadium...
    I saw them back on the "Some Girls" & "Steel Wheels" tours and they were just ok for me then, so can't imagine them being any better now!!
    :rock_on:

• Options
    pjam2pjam2 Posts: 32
    edited June 2015
    Sorry, re-thought. Better idea forthcoming.., tour definitely!
    Post edited by pjam2 on
    Jeff Goodwin
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    neither is happening . sorry.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    edited July 2015
    brianlux said:

I'm probably going to get torched and head slammed for saying this but I'd like to see the band split up for a few years (2 years minimum hiatus), each one venturing out and doing something else for a while, re-unite as a band with new fire and enthusiasm and start putting out killer alums again instead of (to my thinking) the fairly mediocre work of the last few albums (my take- I totally respect that some people are big fans of those albums). Other excellent examples of how this can work include Mission of Burma and Dinosaur Jr. For me, to see PJ do something like Burma and Dino have done that way would be fantastic.

I'd say they did just about that from (approx) Bridge School 2010 to 2012-2013 when the LB rumors were coming along. That's when we got the Brad, RNDM (I think), plus the Eddie solo stuff, Uke songs, the PJ20 fest, etc.

What has me slightly concerned is the amount of stuff dumped from 10C HQ lately... two mystery boxes, two mystery poster tubes, two mystery vinyl sales, etc. (And how in the HECK did they have no idea of all that stuff? You DON'T just sit on 2-5 bennys, 2-5 RVMs, 2-5 ITWs, without knowing that. And yes, I still cling to my "backup purposes in case of damaged in transit" theory. But still.)

...and yes, there was another mystery vinyl sale... they had a TON of Merkinball, a TON of newer christmas singles, 1 of the 1991 single (which I don't believe was ever announced by the lucky winner) and I think they even had one blue Fixer...
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"