Options

TOUR?

Comments

• Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Play Firefly 2015! And then a couple shows in a major city and I am there! Got lots of vacation time this year.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    deadendp said:

I'd hate to specify to an artist that I want them to do this or that less in their performance or not to use a particular instrument. It's like telling a painter what brushes and paints to use. It is art whether people want to look at it as that or not. Though I know that none of you meant it this way at all, but to lay down specs for an artist's performance is a little insulting to that person. We all know that EV is a talker. It's who he is. He loves his uke. To go to an EV show, you are guaranteed that for some portion of it, the uke WILL come out. It is a part of who he is and part of the performance he gives.

I think this is people just specifying their preferences for a live performance. their likes and dislikes. I don't think anyone here has been disrespectful at all.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    rr165892 said:

How about Ed put out a Bonafide Rock album.Something that sounds different from all the same solo stuff he has been doing.Solid tracks,Great lyrics and no UKE please.

but his outlet for that is the band. I don't find that ITW or UKE sound the same at ALL.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

deadendp said:

I'd hate to specify to an artist that I want them to do this or that less in their performance or not to use a particular instrument. It's like telling a painter what brushes and paints to use. It is art whether people want to look at it as that or not. Though I know that none of you meant it this way at all, but to lay down specs for an artist's performance is a little insulting to that person. We all know that EV is a talker. It's who he is. He loves his uke. To go to an EV show, you are guaranteed that for some portion of it, the uke WILL come out. It is a part of who he is and part of the performance he gives.

I think this is people just specifying their preferences for a live performance. their likes and dislikes. I don't think anyone here has been disrespectful at all.

Oh, I know. I'm an artist, it's a slow day at work and I was thinking too much. Sometimes that translates into being a bit wordy.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    keithlaw1974keithlaw1974 Blacko, UK Posts: 137
    I was told by one of the artists PJ use regularly for their posters that they were not touring this year and neither were QOTSA. Not bull to get traction on the thread, just what I was told.
    London, England 06-25-2010, Belfast, Northern Ireland 06-23-2010, Berlin, Germany 07-04-2012, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012, Seattle, WA 12-06-2013, Amsterdam, Holland 06-16-2014, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014, Leeds, UK 07-08-2014, Milton Keynes, UK 07-11-2014, New York MSG 1 & 2
    Eddie Vedder Solo - London, England 07-30-1012
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Yeah they work so damn hard i'd say a whole yr and half doing nothing is what they need now .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

I was told by one of the artists PJ use regularly for their posters that they were not touring this year and neither were QOTSA. Not bull to get traction on the thread, just what I was told.

Sounds like it will be a My Morning Jacket & Band Of Horses year for me then!!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    derbydave said:

Sounds like it will be a My Morning Jacket & Band Of Horses year for me then!!!!
    I have Adele on my 2015 list but nothings been announced yet. May not happen.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,528
    edited February 2015

Well, looks like the vacation fund is going into savings or more golf.

I hear the rumors of South America, but like most rumors you can trace back to one source and that source is probably wrong.

P.S. I hope your rumor is wrong! :)
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

derbydave said:

Already have tickets for J Roddy Walston & The Business, Faith No More & hoping to score seats to see Pixies in Cleveland on Thursday!!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    derbydave said:

FoxyRedLa said:

derbydave said:

Already have tickets for J Roddy Walston & The Business, Faith No More & hoping to score seats to see Pixies in Cleveland on Thursday!!!
    I'm not trying to be smart but I don't know the first 2 - or just didn't know the band name. Nice to have plans!

I caught Santana last year and would again!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

derbydave said:

FoxyRedLa said:

derbydave said:

I'm not trying to be smart but I don't know the first 2 - or just didn't know the band name. Nice to have plans!

Check out J Roddy Walston & The Business if you haven't heard them!!
    GREAT "new-ish" group!!! :rock_on:

• Options
    derbydave said:

FoxyRedLa said:

derbydave said:

FoxyRedLa said:

derbydave said:

Check out J Roddy Walston & The Business if you haven't heard them!!
    GREAT "new-ish" group!!! :rock_on:
    Will do! Thanks for the tip. I may know Faith No More.
  • Options
    whofeelslikeadrankwhofeelslikeadrank Posts: 2,702
    edited February 2015
    Post edited by whofeelslikeadrank on
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    EPIC...is CORRECT!!!
    Never thought I'd get to see Faith No More live!!!
    Doing the Detroit show in May :rock_on:

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,828
    I 'm going to be buying a new house soon so pj not touring this year might be good news.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    derbydave said:

EPIC...is CORRECT!!!
    Lol! Interesting performance and wardrobe then lol lol. I do know that song. But prolly just that one.
    mcgruff10 said:

I 'm going to be buying a new house soon so pj not touring this year might be good news.

Congrats! :joy:
  • Options

Yeah they work so damn hard i'd say a whole yr and half doing nothing is what they need now .....

:how_interesting:

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I have seen info for Baltimore October 2016
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

derbydave said:

EPIC...is CORRECT!!!
    Lol! Interesting performance and wardrobe then lol lol. I do know that song. But prolly just that one.
    It sounds like someone has homework . . . ;)

I've ALWAYS loved Faith No More and when Dave said he had tickets, I was THRILLED for him!

As for J. Roddy Walston and the Business, listen to DerbyDave. He knows what he's talking about. :) It's good stuff. Thanks for the suggestion, Dave!

And the Pixies, fingers crossed for you and for me! Because after all, THE PIXIES ARE COMING TO CLEVELAND!!!

So as to preserve topic integrity, I think we all just need to fill the tour gaps with :gasp: enjoying OTHER non-PJ tours. It's not a bad thing to share the love.
  • Options
    J Roddy rocks
    Checking them out in Cincy and New Orleans this year
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    yes, J Roddy definitely rocks... great recommendation by derby. saw them at ACL, then in Nov at TLA in phila. incredible shows. will be seeing them again in May with the replacements.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    FAITH NO MORE!!! Seeing them twice in May !! Im so excited for their new album!! Great to see some fellow fans on the board
  • Options

J Roddy rocks
    Checking them out in Cincy and New Orleans this year

I'll be at The Taft Theatre for the show in Cincinnati next week too!!

• Options
    edited February 2015
    deadendp said:

FoxyRedLa said:

derbydave said:

EPIC...is CORRECT!!!

I've ALWAYS loved Faith No More and when Dave said he had tickets, I was THRILLED for him!

As for J. Roddy Walston and the Business, listen to DerbyDave. He knows what he's talking about. :) It's good stuff. Thanks for the suggestion, Dave!

And the Pixies, fingers crossed for you and for me! Because after all, THE PIXIES ARE COMING TO CLEVELAND!!!

So as to preserve topic integrity, I think we all just need to fill the tour gaps with :gasp: enjoying OTHER non-PJ tours. It's not a bad thing to share the love.
    PIXIES in Cleveland...
    Let's do THIS!!! :rock_on:
    Your package is on the way...
    Just realized I should've put some J Roddy on there for you,
    Oh well...I'll getcha some next time :)
    Post edited by derbydave on

• Options
    derbydave said:

deadendp said:

FoxyRedLa said:

derbydave said:

EPIC...is CORRECT!!!

PIXIES in Cleveland...
    I was obedient. Did my homework. J Roddy already in iTunes & on the iPod. One coworker loves it. The other made me change it the other day. :anguished: Yes, you know who I'm talking about.

Come on, PIXIES! :rock_on:
  • Options
    deadendp said:

derbydave said:

deadendp said:

FoxyRedLa said:

derbydave said:

EPIC...is CORRECT!!!

PIXIES in Cleveland...
    I was obedient. Did my homework. J Roddy already in iTunes & on the iPod. One coworker loves it. The other made me change it the other day. :anguished: Yes, you know who I'm talking about.

Come on, PIXIES! :rock_on:
    I certainly do... :rofl:

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    I saw FNM like 25 years ago!!

Damn I'm old :bawling:
  • Options
    keithlaw1974keithlaw1974 Blacko, UK Posts: 137
    Was seeing Black Keys but was cancelled, Steel Panther next week and Foo's in the Summer for now.
    Saving PJ money for their next North American tour, really want the Gorge, MSG and maybe Philly. So no tour this year helps with that and completing my PJ vinyl collection.
    London, England 06-25-2010, Belfast, Northern Ireland 06-23-2010, Berlin, Germany 07-04-2012, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012, Seattle, WA 12-06-2013, Amsterdam, Holland 06-16-2014, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014, Leeds, UK 07-08-2014, Milton Keynes, UK 07-11-2014, New York MSG 1 & 2
    Eddie Vedder Solo - London, England 07-30-1012
  • Options
    deadendp said:

NICE JOB scoring the tickets for PIXIES in Cleveland for us today....
    THANKS so much for helping me out!!!
    May will be here before we know it!! :triumph: