RAK thread over on Lost Dogs. Please join us! Random Acts of Kindness!!! RAK!!!

tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
edited February 2015 in The Porch
http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/242514/rak-official-thread-aka-free-stuff/p6

There are a bunch of people doing really nice things on this thread. Please help out and participate. This is the best thread going on here!

Thanks
Christopher
Post edited by tempo_n_groove on

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Get in on it people.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Come and enjoy giving a Random Act Of Kindness on LD Bump!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    it might get more attention if it was named Random Acts of Kindness. I had zero idea what RAK meant when I clicked on it. I just clicked for curiosity's sake.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Great idea! Message the OP on LD
  • it's sticky!!
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    Bump
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
  • RAK means Random Acts of Kindness! People doing nice things for each other in the community!
  • International Random Acts of Kindness Week is February 9-15, 2015 (https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/rak-week). I thought I would get an early start and offer up a sealed copy of:

• RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Bump
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Afternoon bump.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    :peace:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ⚡️
  • Cool people doing RAK on the LD thread!
  • Cool people doing RAK on the LD thread!

Yes they are!!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    :bee:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Speaking of random acts of kindness; where I live there is a homeless person outside the tube station every day. He just sits there and says hello to people walking by. This morning a woman walked right up to him and handed over a bag full of food. I was so moved I was almost in tears.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Have you seen or experienced a RAK today?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Bump for another positive thread
    www.cluthelee.com
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Yesterday, I Felt inclined to go buy a shit ton of dog food, then last night I bagged it all up in one gallon bags.. So now I have 60 lbs of dog food in 1gallon baggies, today I'm going to distribute them to all the homeless people downtown that have dogs.. I have been homeless with my dogs.. And I always made sure they ate first. I'm hoping this helps some folks out..
    Ps. My dad thinks I'm crazy.. But hey.. When you've been there you know how hard it can be!!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Yesterday, I Felt inclined to go buy a shit ton of dog food, then last night I bagged it all up in one gallon bags.. So now I have 60 lbs of dog food in 1gallon baggies, today I'm going to distribute them to all the homeless people downtown that have dogs.. I have been homeless with my dogs.. And I always made sure they ate first. I'm hoping this helps some folks out..

This is good stuff right here
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited April 2015

I think what you're doing is just INCREDIBLE...
    It will certainly ease the minds of the homeless pet owners & such a simple thing to do for them!!
    I may have to steal your idea and do something similar here in Columbus!!!
    Thanks for sharing your idea...sometimes the small things can make a HUGE difference!!
    :plus_one:
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

edited April 2015
    derbydave said:

I think what you're doing is just INCREDIBLE...
    It will certainly ease the minds if the homeless pet owners & such a simple thing to do for them!!
    I may have to steal your idea and do something similar here in Columbus!!!
    Thanks for sharing your idea...sometimes the small things can make a HUGE difference!!
    :plus_one:
    Yw! It started with the rescue in KC. I
    Used to drive around with cat and dog food in my trunk, so I could leave food for those animals j couldn't quite catch.. Then yesterday, I saw several Homeless ( which we're experiencing a major influx of them here, now that pot is legal) people gathered around areas of my Town that had dogs with them.. And I
    Put the two ideas together.
    Post edited by whispering hands on
    We have a very small homeless population here, but they all tend to have animals. I will buy up a gallon jug of water, especially during the summer. Must keep man's best friend hydrated.
    www.cluthelee.com
    and wo-man's best friend...
    www.cluthelee.com
    So here's how it went: I bought a 60lb bag of Dog Chow, filled up a box full of 1Gallon Ziplock Baggies, with said dog food. Then I put them into my trunk and headed down to Acacia Park in Downtown Colorado Springs. I sat there for an hour, and handed out baggies of dog food to homeless people that had dogs. What I saw blew me away!! There were homeless people that had CATS with them too!! And I got asked if I had any cat food. So now I am torn., I wish I
    Had enough money to do more.. I wish I had thought to buy kitty food too. Maybe next week? All the doggies were so sweet! I handed one guy his Baggie of food, and his dog, and Dog De Bordauo(sp?) and the fog looked at him as I handed his owner the bag, and then looked at me.. Then he jumped up me and licked my face!! I honestly think he knew I was helping., there's ten more baggies left.. I'll hand them out tomorrow.. I
    Really need to
    Bring kitty food next time!
    So this is the beauty of this place.. I just a PM from someone that wants to help with what I started with helping the homeless feed their pets.. That just made me cry tears of joy! I
    Need to really work this one out. HUGE thanks to that person. I would never have asked, so
    That blew me away that this was offered!