Options

"Everybody Knows" Pearl Jam Should SO Cover This Song!

This is a fucking fabulous Leonard Cohen song that I think Pearl Jam would absolutely kill!
I've always liked the Don Henley version, and this is a decent live example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au4KzHEErk8

I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Concrete Blonde does it even better than Cohen.
  • Options
    pljampljam Posts: 387
    Totally spot on,COCRETE BLONDE version is fantastic
    I can really imagine ED ripping an acoustic version of the song
  • Options
    Think PJ should do "The future"

But Eddie raging through Everybody Knows would be ace too!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    edited February 2015
    I love this song. One of Cohen's best IMO.
    It would definitely be interesting to hear PJ try it... although I don't know if theu could really pull it off. I figure a cover has to be better than or radically different from the orginal for it to have a point.... I think if PJ went for the second option, and tried to really put a new and different spin on it, it could be cool (or a train wreck, lol).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Think PJ should do "The future"

But Eddie raging through Everybody Knows would be ace too!

I think PJ would handle The Future better than Everybody Knows, for sure. Tower of Song might also be something to try.... and maybe Waiting for the Miracle. :pensive:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I'm gonna find that Concrete Blonde version...never heard it...thanks for the suggestion!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    I'm going to spin I'm Your Man now, in honour of this thread. :tongue:
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Good choice. Or 'The Traitor' would be nice too, just Ed solo!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    There is one song PJ should absolutely cover:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0V0ZJo8gK6g

Chi Pig ..... Greatest Canadian Weirdo :bow: