i care about vinyl

2»

Comments

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

goldrush said:

I love vinyl too. I grew up listening to my Dad's records and the best decision I ever made was to make sure I purchased new albums on vinyl when my friends were buying tapes. It meant that I bought Ten in 91 and have bought every PJ album on its release day ever since, Benny and Lost Dogs included. I would hate to be getting into vinyl nowadays with some of the prices that are being quoted out there.

You have Lost Dogs on vinyl. Sniff sniff. Oh how I would......... fighting urge going to ebay. Fighting I can do it.
    Don't fight it. Relent. It's worth it. :)
    Yeah, don't fight it. Come to the dark side... we have cookies!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    I was recommended to purchase a Crosley record player awhile back when I asked what to purchase for a beginner. I am pleased with the recommendation and have finally started to listen to my PJ vinyl in the last year! This is the first time I have ever heard my Fan Club Vinyl that has been sitting in my closet for 15yrs.

Pretty cool the whole nostalgia thing. I am not an audiophile by any means but will put on a record when I am in the mood to do something different. I have recently started going to thrift shops and buying some classical records for very cheap. I probably would not listen to classical on my ipod or a cd in my car but on a record in the house seems welcome and warm.

I understand what the pops and hisses are now and I'm ok with them because it just seems to belong in a weird way.

I will admit thought that some of my tapes sound better than some of my vinyl but I don't listen to tapes near as often as I do my limited supply of vinyl.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    callen said:

It amazes me that a brand new record costs more than $10. Would you spend $20 on a tape?

Hear ya Last 12 but when I think people pay a buck a song on iTunes and it's a file that can be lost have no problem justifying buying records. CDs are best overall value though.
    Especially when you can download them for free. :rofl:
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo