Options

***Petition: Ed, Please Tour Canada in Summer 2017***

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
edited February 2016 in The Porch
play the Folk Festival circuit. an old schoolmate of mine is the executive director of the Winnipeg Folk Festival. I could hook you up no problem!
Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on

Comments

• Options
    well this sure is gaining steam......
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    st.johns folk fest please
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Not realistic as Canada is not a surfing capital like Australia where he tours well, pretty frequently. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

Not realistic as Canada is not a surfing capital like Australia where he tours well, pretty frequently. :)
    I know. but there are quite a few folk festivals that happen in canada, specifically the world-renowned Winnipeg Folk Festival, in the summer, and Uke Songs would be a perfect fit for that crowd.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Australian winter = Canadian summer
    Bring the rock to CAN!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    only problem is, if Ed remembers Sunfest 93, and he probably doesn't with how much wine he drank that night, playing outdoors in winnipeg in mid-summer can be treacherous.

"these fucking mosquitos are driving me crazy!"
    -Ed August 13, 1993
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I'm not a surfer...I live about as far from an ocean as anyone possibly could....But I hear there are decent waves in Tofino, BC? I'll be there for the wedding of a fellow 10C'er in June....bring your acoustic for a beach serenade, Mr.Vedder? ....then maybe hit up the Winspear in Edmonton? Cornell played there - place is world class. Please?
  • Options
    Bring Boom, he'd probably have fun with this:
    "With 96 stops and more than 6500 pipes, it lays claim to being the biggest mechanical-action instrument to be installed in a concert hall in modern times"
  • Options
    If we're talking the Folk Fest circuit....again, Edmonton's is world class....or at least close to it. great vibe at these shows:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746

I'm not a surfer...I live about as far from an ocean as anyone possibly could....But I hear there are decent waves in Tofino, BC? I'll be there for the wedding of a fellow 10C'er in June....bring your acoustic for a beach serenade, Mr.Vedder? ....then maybe hit up the Winspear in Edmonton? Cornell played there - place is world class. Please?

Whoa! That place looks beautiful!!

• Options
    the ev uke experience is not set up for people in a field...he almost played jazz fest in nola and all i could think of for that show is, how in the world will be able tell those people to shut up and not take pictures and video...good luck with that!
    just saying...
  • Options
    RunawaysoulRunawaysoul Germany Posts: 53
    edited February 2015
    And Europe please! :)

Sorry to jump in but needed to let it out since I'm hoping for Ed solo too over here in Germany. :)
    Post edited by Runawaysoul on
  • Options

the ev uke experience is not set up for people in a field...he almost played jazz fest in nola and all i could think of for that show is, how in the world will be able tell those people to shut up and not take pictures and video...good luck with that!
    just saying...

from what I know of the Winnipeg Folk Festival, the people who are at the stages to watch the acts are incredibly into the music. they aren't sitting there yammering about their new hemp purse. otherwise they just stay at their campsite.

I would just hope the PJ meatheads that get wasted and yell out "EVEN FLOW" at Ed solo shows would stay the fuck home. god that was annoying in Minnie 2011. Ed had to tell them to shut the fuck up at one point.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Please play Montreal in '15!!!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141

Bring Boom, he'd probably have fun with this:
    "With 96 stops and more than 6500 pipes, it lays claim to being the biggest mechanical-action instrument to be installed in a concert hall in modern times"

Nice pipes!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Please play Victoria and Vancouver :)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    please, leave Boom at home. and leave Crazy Mary there with him.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    aw c'mon man...who doesn't relish the thought of Alive on a uke, accompanied by a giant pipe organ? :wink:
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Whoa! That place looks beautiful!!

It really is. The acoustics are nuts, and there is not a bad seat in the house.
  • Options

aw c'mon man...who doesn't relish the thought of Alive on a uke, accompanied by a giant pipe organ? :wink:

I'm sure Boom is a great guy, and a guy I'd love to spend a weekend on a beach with. Just not a keyboard/organ guy. maybe it's a church thing. ;)

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    Not into seeing PJ play a folk festival. Just normal arena shows would be way better. And yes, I support a Canadian tour, obviously! Don't skip Vancouver! =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    not PJ....EV!!!!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Oooooooooohhhhhhh. :dizzy: Well then never mind. A folk festival is very appropriate, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,776
    Swing through Canada and then right on down the east coast. Please.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    A Canadian tour would be sweet! Would love to see Eddie in Nova Scotia!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Winnipeg folk fest lineup has been announced. No vedder.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    how about Summer 2016, aw nuts, 2017? Come on, Ed, Canada loves the Uke!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

just saying...

good point, but I just don't want him to play small theatres where it's impossible to get tickets.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Just don't book Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Orpheum instead please!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Just don't book Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Orpheum instead please!

saw the white stripes at the orpheum in van. loved it.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com