Options

Vault 2 - VIC Theatre...only a Digital/CD release?

Maybe a elementary question...but did they release Vault 2 on vinyl?
Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.

Comments

• Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Not at this time. Hoping for it in the future.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    Vault 1 was released only on CD. Vault 2 only released in CD & MP3, Flac & ALAC.

I hope they release these first two Vault shows in Flac-HD & vinyl.
  • Options
    Thanks very much for the replies.

Looks like it's time to start the "Please release Vault 2 on vinyl" thread. Or maybe we should wait until they re-release Benaroya on vinyl....
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options

Thanks very much for the replies.

Looks like it's time to start the "Please release Vault 2 on vinyl" thread. Or maybe we should wait until they re-release Benaroya on vinyl....

Benaroya re-release...never gonna happen...

Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I was just thinking how odd it was how they handled these vault releases. #1 was only available to those that attended PJ20 (or later bought VS/Vitalogy Super Box), vault 2 was cd, vault 3 and 4 are on vinyl and cd and digital. would have been cool if they released all of them on vinyl.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476

I was just thinking how odd it was how they handled these vault releases. #1 was only available to those that attended PJ20 (or later bought VS/Vitalogy Super Box), vault 2 was cd, vault 3 and 4 are on vinyl and cd and digital. would have been cool if they released all of them on vinyl.

That's why I don't feel like I have to buy the vault releases. Excluding the majority of your fan base from the first vault release is a terrible business decision.
  • Options

That's why I don't feel like I have to buy the vault releases. Excluding the majority of your fan base from the first vault release is a terrible business decision.
    yeah. it was certainly odd. and remember the very first REAL vault release? they had a whole website set up and the first vault release (which was free) was Vegas 93. then after that.....it disappeared.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

yeah. it was certainly odd. and remember the very first REAL vault release? they had a whole website set up and the first vault release (which was free) was Vegas 93. then after that.....it disappeared.

"Big, Bold, and Free"

I think they were going to open up the vault for free... or maybe it was a free album like radiohead did at the time... or maybe it was a free show?

I would love to know what that was supposed to be

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159

There was also some random "vault drops" like umm Missoula 05 and I think a '95 show which showed up for very short periods of time almost like it was an accident... lol.

• Options
    Zod said:

There was also some random "vault drops" like umm Missoula 05 and I think a '95 show which showed up for very short periods of time almost like it was an accident... lol.

I must not have been around yet for those. I don't recall them.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    The 93 Vegas show was given away for free as part of that 2005 bootleg download application. 95 D.C show was given away in 2006 i think.. when you upgraded to the FLAC application. Then the Missoula 05 show was given away to select people as an mp3 download.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    RS151862 said:

The 93 Vegas show was given away for free as part of that 2005 bootleg download application. 95 D.C show was given away in 2006 i think.. when you upgraded to the FLAC application. Then the Missoula 05 show was given away to select people as an mp3 download.

I don't remember getting Vegas '93 for free. And I purchased the whole 2005 MP3 tour download from Basecamp. It was pretty exciting waking up hours after the show to have the show available for download from the Basecamp app. Someday oh someday the 2005 Canadian tour will be made available on CD & Flac-HD. Someday ..

What I can remember about the Missoula '95 MP3's was that it was leaked. Was never sold to the public or put on Basecamp's app.

The DC '95 Flac, I can't remember if it was before or after the '06 tour but that was was leaked too. Can't remember if there was an option to buy this on the Basecamp App, if so it went up by mistake and taken down very fast. A lucky few were able to download this.

• Options
    only 10 years ago and I cant remember.. ooof.. didnt the 2005 basecamp application have a section for the 05 shows and a vault section. The vault section had the 93 Vegas show, and a few mp3's of the 94 Orpheum show? Or am I way off.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, it would be awesome if they released 1 and 2 on vinyl retroactively!! It would be REALLY nice to have a complete set of these. If they never do this I'll be a bit surprised. Surely they know that people need 1 to however many they do on their shelf. As it is, it will look like we're missing the first 2, which just won't do! =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509

Does that really preclude you from buying further vault releases? Without offence, my guess is that you don't have a record player. I was at PJ20, so I have vault 1 on CD, but after buying vault 3 (and thankfully as a result, now having access to yield/no code era songs on vinyl...because I only got into records recently, and I'm too poor to buy original copies of those albums) I personally find the vault #3 really awesome!!! Similarly, the recent one, #4, (whenever it finally arrives) will allow much anticipated access to vinyl Binuaral. So, having said that, I really have no qualms/grudges again not having access to vault 1 or 2 on vinyl....and frankly, I don't need to hear 28 year old Vedder rapping about the environment and Singles extras in the crowd on vinyl...

But your point is valid solely from a business perspective, so by no means am I criticizing it.

ps: [dear santa please bring on cheaper shipping, PJ20 vinyl, Wrigley vinyl, quarterly vinyl releases, and 2015 shows at the Gorge and Red Rocks]
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    demetrios said:

RS151862 said:

I don't remember getting Vegas '93 for free.

Vegas 93 was totally free no strings attached

That was around the time of the announcement that something "Big, Bold, and Free" was coming... which never did

I have always wondered what that was going to be

Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options

scarcity builds hype and value, hype and value builds interest, interest builds demand, which all add up to future sales

They have perfected it and I have no issue with it

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476
    edited February 2015
    mwplum said:

Does that really preclude you from buying further vault releases? Without offence, my guess is that you don't have a record player. I was at PJ20, so I have vault 1 on CD, but after buying vault 3 (and thankfully as a result, now having access to yield/no code era songs on vinyl...because I only got into records recently, and I'm too poor to buy original copies of those albums) I personally find the vault #3 really awesome!!! Similarly, the recent one, #4, (whenever it finally arrives) will allow much anticipated access to vinyl Binuaral. So, having said that, I really have no qualms/grudges again not having access to vault 1 or 2 on vinyl....and frankly, I don't need to hear 28 year old Vedder rapping about the environment and Singles extras in the crowd on vinyl...

But your point is valid solely from a business perspective, so by no means am I criticizing it.

ps: [dear santa please bring on cheaper shipping, PJ20 vinyl, Wrigley vinyl, quarterly vinyl releases, and 2015 shows at the Gorge and Red Rocks]
    I've bought vaults 3 and 4 in FLAC, using my bootleg codes from my Analog membership to reduce the price. I don't see much point in buying vinyl if it's sourced from digital tape (I do own a record player, btw).

The point I was trying to make was that from a collector's mindset, I don't feel like I have to have every vault release since I didn't have access to buy vault #1. And I'm certainly not going to chase after it on the secondary market.

And yes, as my2hands said, scarcity drives demand. If they re-released vault #1, people would be all over it. But there is no scarcity with vaults 3 and 4 because they were made to order.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Free download of WWS. That was it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    my2hands said:

demetrios said:

RS151862 said:

I don't remember getting Vegas '93 for free.

Vegas 93 was totally free no strings attached

That was around the time of the announcement that something "Big, Bold, and Free" was coming... which never did

I have always wondered what that was going to be

I got screwed then. Cause I totally remember paying for it.
    No wonder Basecamp is gone. :bee:

The only free download I ever received from Basecamp was for just one track. Rats. Can't remember now which show that was from. Maybe 10/30/93?
  • Options
    It was Rats.. And I'm 99% sure it was from the 94 Orpheum show.

• Options

Free download of WWS. That was it.

pretty sure vegas 93 was free. it must have been. I don't think I had a credit card back then, and paypal had yet to exist.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RS151862 said:

It was Rats.. And I'm 99% sure it was from the 94 Orpheum show.

You're right it was. It was a free sample of what was in store from the Vault experience. But later the Orpheum show was included in the Vs/Vitalogy CD & Vinyl reissue Box Sets.

I don't think I had a credit card back then, and paypal had yet to exist.

To this day 10club doesn't offer PayPal as payment. I remembered an old Rumor Pit question to the 10club back in 2005? that if they would offer PayPal. They were thinking about offering it. 10club did have a few Pearl Jam items for purchase where you can use PayPal, and that was using their official eBay page. http://www.ebay.com/usr/pearljam_tenclub . Now it's all auctions.