Options

LEAST favorite PJ guitar tone?

We've heard the favorites but does anyone have a specific song they don't like the guitar tone on? It's hard for to to find one I don't like but the last two albums have had my least favorite guitar tones (I'll admit that I couldn't finish Lightning Bolt because it just wasn't Pearl Jam, to me).
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy

Comments

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Sleight of hand
  • Options
    Sleight of hand would be second on my list next to garden.
  • Options
    Wow! I actually dig SoH. There's a fill that Mike does on the last chorus that just sends chills down my back every time. I'm pretty indifferent about Garden.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    I actually like the evolution in their sound. Can't all be 1000 ft Marshall stacks turned to 11.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I think the newer sound just isn't as distinctive. It's almost too metallic sounding.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

Wow! I actually dig SoH. There's a fill that Mike does on the last chorus that just sends chills down my back every time. I'm pretty indifferent about Garden.

Oh yeah!! That song is just amazing tone wise. That wash iness of the whole song is MCready at his most creative.
  • Options
    There's a certain growl that Ed has, in Wash, that is just so awesome. I can't remember which version but it's so cool. I love the "Ten" tones (Black, Ledbetter, and Alone, specifically)
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Binaural.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Tiz10Tiz10 South Florida Posts: 270
    "No Way" has that wierd kinda tone that, Im not sure I want them using it that often if at all anymore. I like the song but dont think it would translate very well into future songs.
    August 17th 1998 Indianapolis, IN
    August 18th 2000 Indianapolis, IN
    June 22nd 2003 Indianapolis, IN
    June 11th 2008 West Palm Beach, FL
    June 12th 2008 Tampa, FL
    October 15th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 16th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 3rd 2014 St.Louis, MO
    April 8th 2016 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    April 9th 2016 Miami, FL
    April 11th 2016 Tampa, FL
    August 5th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 1)
    August 7th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 2)
    April 7th 2017 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
  • Options
    xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Tiz10 said:

"No Way" has that wierd kinda tone that, Im not sure I want them using it that often if at all anymore. I like the song but dont think it would translate very well into future songs.

I LOVE the "No Way" wah-sweet spot effect. Not as big of a fan of live versions, though.