Options

Glitches on 2014 boots?

korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 924
edited February 2015 in The Porch
I finally got the boots i ordered from the 2014 tour, the two shows i attended, Moline and Milwaukee. Just got finished reliving Moline, whatta night, but the boot is a little messed up. Anyone else get static/crackling on the first track of each cd and/or a skip about halfway thru Elderly Woman?
I'll post again after i get done with Milwaukee but just wanted to see if anyone else had similar issues/whether it was worth my time contacting nugs about it...
I'll ride the wave where it takes me
Post edited by korn-1 on

Comments

• Options
    I got the Detroit mp3 and Release sounds like shit. Every other track sounds great. Any one else have this problem?
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Sounds like shit how so?
    So far ive got a wierd crackling sound on the first track of each of the 3 cds for Moline, just started the first Milwaukee cd and its the same. I want to contact nugs for replacements but if everyone elses are the same and the mp3's start with the same issues im not sure how far ill get... not to mention i waited 5 weeks for them, usually when i buy cds it more like a 5 day turnaround
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    I have both the Moline and Milwaukee bootlegs and I cannot hear the crackling sound you are talking about. I will have to listen again to both bootlegs to verify that all the CDs have/have not the crackling sound.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    I have both of those boots and neither of them have that problem.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 537
    edited February 2015
    korn-1 said:

Sounds like shit how so?
    So far ive got a wierd crackling sound on the first track of each of the 3 cds for Moline, just started the first Milwaukee cd and its the same. I want to contact nugs for replacements but if everyone elses are the same and the mp3's start with the same issues im not sure how far ill get... not to mention i waited 5 weeks for them, usually when i buy cds it more like a 5 day turnaround

The quality is much worse on Release. Kind of like a different recorder. More muffled.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    CD1 of my Milton Keynes Euro Tour boot is unlistenable and becomes totally unplayable after a few tracks. I've heard nothing from Nugs despite a couple of emails to them alerting them to the issue.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there...
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957

CD1 of my Milton Keynes Euro Tour boot is unlistenable and becomes totally unplayable after a few tracks. I've heard nothing from Nugs despite a couple of emails to them alerting them to the issue.

My MK boot first disc is fine right up until 36 seconds in on Nothing as it Seems. Frustrating. I did get a reply from Nugs saying they will tell the warehouse to send a replacement but not heard anything since.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    CC252CC252 Posts: 61
    How are nugs getting this so wrong? How hard is it to burn decent CDs from the FLACs?

I waited months for Amsterdam 1&2 and Leeds and haven't even gotton round to playing them yet, but it sounds like I shouldn't bother.

I'll stick with digital from here on in.
    Manchester - Torino - London - Amsterdam - Leeds - Praha
  • Options
    CloneClone UK Posts: 141
    tino_11 said:

My MK boot first disc is fine right up until 36 seconds in on Nothing as it Seems. Frustrating. I did get a reply from Nugs saying they will tell the warehouse to send a replacement but not heard anything since.

I have this same problem, Nugs did actually send me a replacement, just it had the same problem!
    So I'm now waiting for a replacement replacement.

I'm also waiting for the US boots that were supposedly posted 26th December.

I'm not impressed at all with Nugs and feel I can't buy anymore CDs from them.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    Haven't heard any glitches on the Flac-HD downloads.

As for the CD's, I'm still waiting on the CD Box Set purchase.

• Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Luckily my 4 boots work fine

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Sound quality on my Milwaukee boot is poor for the first few songs then improves, but no crackling.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I emailed them and got a response within 24 hours not only with a possible explanation for the crackling but also that they would send replacements... hopefully they come thru
  • Options
    RunawaysoulRunawaysoul Germany Posts: 53
    edited February 2015
    I read this thread and got nervous. Gave the few bootlegs I ordered a listen and there is constant crackling and some leaps. Talking about Berlin 2014 but noticed the same on Berlin 2010. Same problem with Vic Theater Vault CD, so I assume it will be like this with all Nugs CD's on my player.
    I was shocked but trying another CD Player it seemed to work better.

My setup is very basic, just a small Sony player with shelf speakers. It works fine with CD's and burned CD's. So I wonder where the problem lies with the burned CD's from Nugs when there is no problem with burned CD's from my laptop.

Anyone else ever noticed this problem and has an idea of why and what to do?
    Post edited by Runawaysoul on
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I got tired of waiting on the 2014 Tour boxset...
    so I broke down and bought the CD's from the shows I attended,
    The last 5 just arrived yesterday!!

I already had the digital files, but like to have the physical media from "My Shows."
    Since so many people are experiencing problems with playback,
    I guess I should pop these in and make sure they play ok!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Enjoy your shows, Dave! Hope they all play well. :)

I think the problem I have with constant crackling lies somewhere within my equipment. I just put one of the CD's from Nugs in my laptop and played in on my Sony player via bluetooth. No crackling. When I put the same CD right into said Sony player, then there is the crackling. So it must be the player and not the CD that has the problem.
    The player was not expensive but is pretty new and works with all pressed and burned CD's except the ones from Nugs.
    Anyone ever experienced something like this and has any explanation for it?
  • Options
    The response i got from nugs regarding the crackling suggested it had something to do with the cds getting magnetized during shipping.
  • Options
    korn-1 said:

The response i got from nugs regarding the crackling suggested it had something to do with the cds getting magnetized during shipping.

Thanks for your answer.
    Would this happen to the whole package then or can it affect only some CD's within one package? I would assume the first but I think it didn't affect all of your CD's from that one delivery or did it?
    Still confused since it seems to play on one device but has the crackling on another.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Fucking magnets, how do they work? :lol:

One thing's for sure, they do not damage cd's. Ridiculous.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    I've listened to all five CDs from the 2014 tour I attended, no issues with the sound from any of the CDs.

I also have the Stockholm and Oslo shows, no issues with them either.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Runawaysoul
    All 6 of my cds(2 sets, Moline and Milwaukee, in 1 package) were affected but not the entire cd, only about the first 4 minutes give or take of each. Strange
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    korn-1 said:

Normal magnets would not damage CDs. Answer seems like BS to me.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    korn-1 said:

Runawaysoul
    All 6 of my cds(2 sets, Moline and Milwaukee, in 1 package) were affected but not the entire cd, only about the first 4 minutes give or take of each. Strange

Strange indeed. Maybe I'll just ask them for replacements. It was my first order with them, so I cannot compare to older orders. Hope they understand and since other people experience problems and get replacements, they might just send new discs, easiest way for both sides.

PS. No idea about the magnet thing, what I read was that very fast burning can cause problems when playing the CD's on old or cheap players. Didn't think this would still be a problem nowadays though. So not sure which explanation would be the most possible for glitches on CD's from Nugs.