Options

Daughter and the Making of Vs. ===> New Article Posted on www.UofMusic.com

From the article...
“Daughter” is a darkly moving song that inventively, and in true Pearl Jam fashion, mixes infectious music with lyrics that point straight to the soul and command introspection.

Read the whole article here...
http://www.uofmusic.com/blog/5900/pearl-jam-daughter-and-the-making-of-vs
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Interesting read, thanks!
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    My wife loves that song, she would hate to hear the real meaning of it...how did they decide to tag this song?
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    FrankY59 said:

My wife loves that song, she would hate to hear the real meaning of it...how did they decide to tag this song?

What did she think it was about? I don't think there is anything in Ed's description there that seems counter to any of the lyrics.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    october22 said:

FrankY59 said:

What did she think it was about? I don't think there is anything in Ed's description there that seems counter to any of the lyrics.
    was about to say the same thing
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    october22 said:

FrankY59 said:

She doesn't get the lyrics...but likes the song. She may have some idea but not to the description of Ed in the article.
  • Options
    uofmusicuofmusic Posts: 55
    Thanks for checking out the article :bee:
  • Options
    Today is the 22nd anniversary of the release of Vs.!
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,460
    Daughter blew my mind when I first heard it. I think it was the first song I heard from VS and thats when I knew I was in it for the long haul. The previous songs from Ten held me down and Daughter punched me in the face! In a good way.
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    All these years i interpretted the song wrong. I thought it was about incest.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I never really knew the true meaning of it, but it's cool now to know.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com