Options

uploading photos

Can someone please talk me through up loading pictures on here please.

Comments

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    The only way I know how to upload pictures is to go on Google, search what I'm looking for, copy the link, then click on the picture thingy above the chat box here, paste the link into that, hit ok, click post comment.

You can only post pictures from a website. If there is another way, I don't know it.

There is a way to upload pictures from your phone to a website, but I don't know how to do that.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited February 2015
    The feature isn't even working right now as far as i can tell. This forum is pretty broken at the moment. Getting frustrated. Can't quote, can't post images, hard to post emojis.... what year is this? 2001?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
    edited February 2015
    Here's one easy way ..

Head over to http://imgur.com/ . On the top of the page hit "browse your computer". Click start upload. You should see this following page ..

pjScwIq.png

On the right click the "Direct Link (email & IM)". Your link will be highlighted. Right click & copy the .png file.

or ... copy the BBCode (message boards & forums) link. Right click and copy the highlighted link and paste it in the forum.

Now here in the comments filed hit the image above in our task bar window. It'll ask you to "Enter image URL:" . Just paste your Url from Imgur and hit ok.

You should have something that looks like .. .. in your comments window.

Hit preview & your image should look like this ..

Mn5Euva.png

Hope that helps. :)

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips I'll give it a go.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    2015 and we can't upload pics to a site without having to go through 10 steps. Maybe instead of a smartphone, we can have a smart "site".
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    I can't post images at all right now. The feature is broken for me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited February 2015
    Post edited by Longueuil on
  • Options
    Thanks heaps demetrios. I think I've got it

Ivan
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827

Thanks heaps demetrios. I think I've got it

Ivan

No problemo! :)

• Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    I have an android phone and I uploaded a picture straight from my gallery! Piece of cake. Just logged into my account on my phone.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,867
    edited February 2015
    I cannot stand how certain sites don't allow their photos to be linked to like fb. I understand why, just Don like it
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on