Options

Singles Deluxe Edition Soundtrack *UPDATE

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,823
edited April 2015 in The Porch
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=10354560&postcount=62 . If you follow http://forum.blu-ray.com, the user depooter (who runs The Uncool website http://www.theuncool.com/ ) just replied in the Singles Blu-ray forum with some sweet news. :)

jwcOFax.png
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited February 2015
    I have no idea who this person making that particular claim is, but I have heard other rumours about this for the past few months. I think it's coming soon.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Will this include a deluxe edition soundtrack?
  • Options
    rummy wrote: »
    Will this include a deluxe edition soundtrack?

The Blu-ray? Probably if it's released in a sweet custom Limited Edition Blu-ray 3D + Digital + CD Combo Pack.
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Would be very nice to see soon.

Was supposed to come out on a previous record store day and never did, hopefully it will be sooner than later!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Look, with all due respect here. I carried this soundtrack around in my walkman for the better part of 2 years as a teenager. Great, great soundtrack. Maybe the best of all time. But the movie? C'mon, how many of you at 13 or 14 years old could relate to a movie about 20 year olds and their complicated love stories? Hahaha!! Now, I totally get that as adults in 2015, the movie would resonate better, but still! At best they might put like one extra thing on this that will bring in the money!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    Look, with all due respect here. I carried this soundtrack around in my walkman for the better part of 2 years as a teenager. Great, great soundtrack. Maybe the best of all time. But the movie? C'mon, how many of you at 13 or 14 years old could relate to a movie about 20 year olds and their complicated love stories? Hahaha!! Now, I totally get that as adults in 2015, the movie would resonate better, but still! At best they might put like one extra thing on this that will bring in the money!

:lol:

it was like when I saw "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" when I was in 6th grade.
    Cameron Crowe was making movies for an older crowd.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Yeah, but that one had boobs in it. Boobs a 6th grader can get, romantic love tangle? Not so much....hahaha!!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    Yeah, but that one had boobs in it. Boobs a 6th grader can get, romantic love tangle? Not so much....hahaha!!!!

Yeah. I def enjoyed that part. hahahaha

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,474
    I just saw Singles in HD on one of the Encore channels, and I was thinking that they could do an expanded soundtrack because there were a few songs left off. Pixies and The Cult and some others. Could we be getting Touch Me I'm Dick? lol

As for the movie, I think the main problem is that Kyra Sedgwick and Campbell Scott have no chemistry at all. Jeremy Piven can only carry a movie for so long.
  • Options
    I just saw Singles in HD on one of the Encore channels, and I was thinking that they could do an expanded soundtrack because there were a few songs left off. Pixies and The Cult and some others. Could we be getting Touch Me I'm Dick? lol

As for the movie, I think the main problem is that Kyra Sedgwick and Campbell Scott have no chemistry at all. Jeremy Piven can only carry a movie for so long.

Is Singles rated R?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited February 2015
    Oh yeah, the movie pretty much sucks. But i didn't think that when I was 15!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I will say I enjoy how excited D gets about stuff like this. Everything in an 1.21 jigawatt HD package! Hahaha!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I will say I enjoy how excited D gets about stuff like this. Everything in an 1.21 jigawatt HD package! Hahaha!!

1.21 jigawatt HD package?!?!

1-Doctor-Emmett-Brown.gif
  • Options
    demetrios wrote: »

1.21 jigawatt HD package?!?!

1-Doctor-Emmett-Brown.gif

Hahaha!!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Lets pray they don't make the vinyl LP a limited edition of 300 or something like that....
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,147
    What did you say?

A bolt of lightning, unfortunately, you never know when or where it's ever gonna strike :)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    "1.21 JIGAWATTS!!!"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    I've spent my share of money on collectibles but have we really been missing out on something regarding Singles the last 25 years that we need a better version of it now? I don't understand why Singles would need to be reissued. I won't tell people how to spend their money and what to be into though. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I've spent my share of money on collectibles but have we really been missing out on something regarding Singles the last 25 years that we need a better version of it now? I don't understand why Singles would need to be reissued. I won't tell people how to spend their money and what to be into though. Just my 2 cents.
    I would like to have a reasonably priced version on vinyl. OGs are EXPENSIVE, although its all probably the same mastering and will sound exactly the same as the CD.

But if its remastered and done well, well this could be something VERY good.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    MedozK said:

I would like to have a reasonably priced version on vinyl. OGs are EXPENSIVE, although its all probably the same mastering and will sound exactly the same as the CD.

But if its remastered and done well, well this could be something VERY good.

Just for Seasons alone, I want this. But not at the price originals fetch!

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Westerberg completely owns this soundtrack. Such a great soundtrack though. Not a bad song
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205

Westerberg completely owns this soundtrack. Such a great soundtrack though. Not a bad song

different strokes... dyslexic heart and waiting for somebody are the only songs i'll routinely skip on there.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832

every time I see something like this, he immediately springs to mind too! LOL. if it ain't HDFLAC, it's trash! (I still can't wrap my head around high definition SOUND, but hey, I'm cool with MP3s, so what do I know?)

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    YES!!!

http://www.theuncool.com/2015/04/13/singles-archives-5-mark-arm-letter/

Much more on that later as Vinyl Films preps the Singles Deluxe Soundtrack release…
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Beautiful... hopefully they press enough
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,147
    1.21 gigawatts, how could I have been so careless!?!?

Sorry had to keep the back to the future thing going.... i re-release will be cool, I know hard it was for my wife to find me an OP of the soundtrack. I can't complain when rare 90's stuff gets vinyl releases (unless of course someone decides to remaster it in the process.... worst word in music for the 21st century).
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I am so ready for this !!!
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,602
    Zod said:

Sorry had to keep the back to the future thing going.... i re-release will be cool, I know hard it was for my wife to find me an OP of the soundtrack. I can't complain when rare 90's stuff gets vinyl releases (unless of course someone decides to remaster it in the process.... worst word in music for the 21st century).

I'm not sure what the process is as far as remastering a soundtrack. That sounds a little more involved...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Zod said:

Unless you're a Rush fan. Their recent vinyl remasters sound phenomenal!