Options

Thinking about doing a PJ inspired children's book...

So, I study advertising and Art Directing here in Sweden. And I'm about to start my " end thesis" (don't really know the english term for it, but during a few weeks we gonna do an ad campaign or whatever we want that fits the program and we can motivate).

I would like to dig deeper into Adobe Illustrator and Indesign so I'm thinking about doing a short children's book. And while I have an idea I wrote down a few years ago, I started thinking about doing something influenced by Pearl Jam (in some way or another) instead. Don't know how that would play out yet, inspired by one song, a couple of songs or maybe make a story about the band as as little rascals.

Anyways, if this turns out well, would you people be interested in this and to have a children's book to read for your kids (or to give away to friends kids) if I make it, it turns out great and I turn it into a physcial book?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Hey Spiritual_Chaos...even if I don´t have little kids I really would be interested about to see what you are making out of it! This can be done in so many different ways...
    and as we all know - good children books are also just good and sometimes necessary for us big kids... ;):D
    So I will be happy if you let us know how it grows...!
    I hope it will be a great delight for you in doing that! :-bd
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Wishing you much success!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Go for it - have a kiddo who loves to read!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Hey Spiritual Chaos!

I have started a few ideas for a set of stories inspired by Pearl Jam though I take it far from reality. Would you like to chat about the potential of children's stories rooted in Pearl Jam culture? Would be fun. I study 3D animation in Montreal. Hope to hear from you soon.

IT
    Winston Churchill: 'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Good luck. I will take 2 signed copies please. Thanks.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    You may have to clean up the language a little.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf