So did anyone else get 2 of the same record in Vault 4??

13»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I wonder how the staff at 10C are doing? Despite my general attitude wherein I think 10C should be held accountable for these issues, I'm also aware that the staff must feel really frustrated when they realize they once again have to deal with all this replacement disc bullshit. I also wonder how it's dealt with financially. Does the manufacturer take the entire hit? What about all the extra shipping costs and man hours that 10C now has to pay for to send out replacements? Is this the second album in a row where they and the band take a financial hit because of defective records? Or does the manufacturer have to make it all up to them? Just curious as to how it all works!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Who cares, if ten club delivers a crappy product....again, it's their job to fix it and quickly.
    Of course it is. I'm just wondering how the vinyl manufacturing business works - it's purely about an interest in the industry, which I do care about, since it's a huge hobby of mine and a lot of other people here.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Pretty sure the manufacturer is responsible. Unless it has something to do with the approved cut creating the problem (like wrong track, or a terrible cut causing a sonic problem)

LB was URPs fault. Plain and simple.
  • KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    so how many people didnt get both discs (ie got two of the same)????
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    I wonder how the staff at 10C are doing? Despite my general attitude wherein I think 10C should be held accountable for these issues, I'm also aware that the staff must feel really frustrated when they realize they once again have to deal with all this replacement disc bullshit. I also wonder how it's dealt with financially. Does the manufacturer take the entire hit? What about all the extra shipping costs and man hours that 10C now has to pay for to send out replacements? Is this the second album in a row where they and the band take a financial hit because of defective records? Or does the manufacturer have to make it all up to them? Just curious as to how it all works!
    Thank you for bringing up this side of the story. Sometimes this side is forgotten. I'm not saying that everything has been perfect on either side, but it is frustrating all around.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • KV4053 wrote: »
    so how many people didnt get both discs (ie got two of the same)????

this
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited February 2015
    My two E/Fs sound good. My side C skips twice. I have an audiophile setup. Brushed the records each time too.

Ive been pretty understanding to them as a consumer but yeah i buy a lot of vinyl and rarely have issues like this. Twice in a row with PJ
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited February 2015
    :)
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    badbrains wrote: »
    Anybody remember what happened to Hugh FREAKEN Dillion and his Sevens box set. Not cool at all

I do.

:)>-
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

if there is so much demand for pressing plants, why has no one jumped on opening others domestically? I think vinyl interest is here to stay now. I know opening one would be very expensive, but come on, Pearl Jam, open your own Monkeywrench Record Pressing Plant!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    RobbyD462 wrote: »
    Makes me think I have to open both sets when they arrive just be to sure:(

I guess I can re seal the freshness lol

+1
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Awesome job dropping the fucken ball 10C. Now my vinyl don't have a delivery date schedule. It went from the 19th of jan to feb 4th to no date scheduled due to weather. Funny thing, it says it left Seattle on jan 28th. Really? The 28th? How is it people were receiving theirs before the 28th and mine were "mailed" on the 28th. What the fuck are you guys doing in that club? Do you guys have other jobs and this is your part time jobs? Classic, real classic fuck up santos or whoever is in charge. That's fucken unreal. The 28th they were "mailed". What are you guys doing in there? No excuse to have this originally scheduled for the 19th of jan and you guys DONT mail them till jan 28th. Unreal. Do your jobs.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    paulonious wrote: »
    if there is so much demand for pressing plants, why has no one jumped on opening others domestically? I think vinyl interest is here to stay now. I know opening one would be very expensive, but come on, Pearl Jam, open your own Monkeywrench Record Pressing Plant!

You'd think that pressing plants would be popping up all over the place with the vinyl craze that's going on right now. That would be a great investment....too bad I don't know a fucking thing about vinyl.
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    The bummer in all of this is, you almost couldn't blame 10club if they shied away from doing so many vinyl projects moving forward. They just seem to be a giant headache for them every time.
  • halvhalv Posts: 675
    badbrains wrote: »
    Anyone know if any other band has issues like these with their merch?

Arcade Fire had the same issue with Reflektor. My copy had two A/B's. An email to Merge Records and it was replaced pretty quick.

paulonious wrote: »

You'd think that pressing plants would be popping up all over the place with the vinyl craze that's going on right now. That would be a great investment....too bad I don't know a fucking thing about vinyl.

one thing that I did read is that the cost of starting one up is atrocious, add to that the fact that no one knows where vinyl sales will go in the future. it SEEMS to be going up all the time, but who knows if it's just the "thing" right now or if it will continue to grow.

I think it's also very difficult to find the right equipment. I don't know how much of vinyl-pressing equipment would be manufactured anymore if it only accounts for 5% of all music sales.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

A few articles have claimed that it costs a quarter to a half a million to build a press. No one manufactures them anymore so it would have to be built from scratch. While business is good for plants right now, its still cost prohibitive to build a new press. Its much easier to repair old ones.

Older presses are still being dug up and repaired. So that may be the way things go. There was an article in RS the other day that the labels don't give much weight to the vinyl comeback. Its not like blockbuster sales for them. Its looking like it will be Niche only going forward.
  • cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    It costs a quarter to half a million to prepare any new manufacturing plant. It doesn't matter if youre making vinyl or clothes, its still going to have a high start up cost!
    A few articles have claimed that it costs a quarter to a half a million to build a press. No one manufactures them anymore so it would have to be built from scratch. While business is good for plants right now, its still cost prohibitive to build a new press. Its much easier to repair old ones.

Older presses are still being dug up and repaired. So that may be the way things go. There was an article in RS the other day that the labels don't give much weight to the vinyl comeback. Its not like blockbuster sales for them. Its looking like it will be Niche only going forward.

niche or not, with how busy these plants currently are, don't you think owning the only one (or one of the only ones) in the western hemisphere would be profitable?

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I don't know their margins. Possibly. But after almost 2 decades of very little profitability, I can't blame them for holding off on the capital expenses of commissioning and building new presses. I'm sure if things continue at the rate they are at for another couple of years and they can't meet demand or the machines continue to brea down at the rate their are (most plants have full time mechanics on call to repair these presses which run 24/7), some sort of investment may have to be done.
    Yeah, I've read that even finding parts for repairing existing presses is next to impossible. Someone would have to actually start a company that builds new presses before anyone can buy any new ones, and I just don't see that happening any time soon unless some billionaire who loves vinyl wants to risk a multi-million dollar investment in a press factory just so that a couple other rich people can buy a handful of them and open a pressing plant, lol. So there is a complete reliance on old presses right now, as Tim said, many of which are inoperable without new parts.... which don't exist or are super hard to find. Kind of a rock and a hard place! Because it is such a niche market, it's going to take someone emotionally invested in the vinyl industry to get things going. Like a Jack White of record presses.... Or maybe Jack White can do it himself. He's probably pretty loaded by now, lol.
    I was just going to say............it's probably going to be Jack. And some of that Nashville money.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    Yeah, I've read that even finding parts for repairing existing presses is next to impossible. Someone would have to actually start a company that builds new presses before anyone can buy any new ones, and I just don't see that happening any time soon unless some billionaire who loves vinyl wants to risk a multi-million dollar investment in a press factory just so that a couple other rich people can buy a handful of them and open a pressing plant, lol. So there is a complete reliance on old presses right now, as Tim said, many of which are inoperable without new parts.... which don't exist or are super hard to find. Kind of a rock and a hard place! Because it is such a niche market, it's going to take someone emotionally invested in the vinyl industry to get things going. Like a Jack White of record presses.... Or maybe Jack White can do it himself. He's probably pretty loaded by now, lol.

Jack is not buying record pressing machines, he's buying elephant heads.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    here's a link I found from the above links... interesting

http://exclaim.ca/Comedy/article/sick_of_vinyl_pressing_delays_thank_novelty_records

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited February 2015
    lolobugg wrote: »

http://exclaim.ca/Comedy/article/sick_of_vinyl_pressing_delays_thank_novelty_records
    Yea they interview Rainbo, to me they are worse than URP. I would love to see people interview RTI or QRP, let us know what they are doing....cause whatever it is...its Right
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    MedozK wrote: »
    lolobugg wrote: »

Yea they interview Rainbo, to me they are worse than URP. I would love to see people interview RTI or QRP, let us know what they are doing....cause whatever it is...its Right

So true!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• CloneClone UK Posts: 140
    I got my replacement today, hello side A & B.

Now just waiting for Nugs to deliver after the mess they made with CDs.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    So I just got back home and opened up my vault and side C has a huge smug on it and side E has a huge scratch on it. Wow. Emailed 10C, let's see what happens.