Options

So did anyone else get 2 of the same record in Vault 4??

It finally arrived....
I get the turntable fired up, open up the awesome packaging and....
I have one C/D record and two E/F's!!!!! AHHHHH. Time to email 10club. Hope they can help me out. Almost all of the Binaural stuff is missing (the first record) :((

Comments

• Options
    CloneClone UK Posts: 141
    Me. It arrived back on December 1st. I think they are finally shipping me the correct one this week.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    That sucks. I'm sorry.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Anyone know if any other band has issues like these with their merch? It seems like they're are issues with EVERYTHING people order. LB vinyl issues, vault 4 issues, mugs issues, people buying stuff for the holidays and STILL HAVENT received them. Bottom line, they don't care. And if they do, they have a funny way of showing it. Not for nothing but in the REAL world, you fuck up your job, you get fired. Especially after how many times of fucking up.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    Vinyl Quality Control has been a real issue since its resurgence. All plants are at capacity and quality is the first thing that takes a hit. Its not the bands or the 10Cs fault they can't check every piece of wax. The LB situation was pretty awful, but they recalled them the best they could and made it right. It wasn't an ideal situation, but again, they weren't gonna know about it until it was in the hands of the fan.

If the band or their organization didn't care, they wouldn't try to make things right. Ever. They do. Maybe not on your time frame, but they do.
  • Options
    And for all the complaining that goes on about the 10c, people sure do rush back to order from them again. If you aren't happy, stop buying.

• Options
    Oh god, HAHAHA. There IS an issue with the products and lack of urgency on sending things out. You sit here and say the complaining is awful or whatever. People have been waiting on scarfs for 2 months. They have EVERY right to bitch. Carry on
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    man that sucks, waiting so long to get/play it only to have all these issues.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Ya but he's allowed to bitch
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    badbrains wrote: »
    Ya but he's allowed to bitch

exactly... go through all the hype buy-wait for months and then finally receive it only to be let down.
    like getting socks when you were a kid at christmas....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    badbrains wrote: »
    Oh god, HAHAHA. There IS an issue with the products and lack of urgency on sending things out. You sit here and say the complaining is awful or whatever. People have been waiting on scarfs for 2 months. They have EVERY right to bitch. Carry on

OK.

I didn't say anything about the lack of urgency. That may be an issue, I don't know. I was only speaking to the QC of the vinyl. Outside of approving the test pressings, PJ/10c won't know until it goes out.

He does have a legitimate qualm here. And it sucks to wait 6 months only to have to wait some more time for a replacement disc. I'm just saying, its not the 10cs fault. There are legitimate things to dog them about (processing seems to be one I guess). But you are blaming them for this and LB, but thats not their fault. They rectified LB very well, I'm sure they will make this right.
  • Options
    When pearl jam attaches it's name to something, it becomes their problem. I'm just saying.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    I really don't know of any other business that has such persistent QC problems. It's kind of too bad I'm so invested here. Frustrating. I hope 10C is really trying to stop the problem at its source.... whatever that is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    OP here....yeah its a bummer. Planned my Friday night around listening to this show. I know its some guy or machine at the vinyl plant in Europe who caused this mixup but i just hope 10C can fix it quickly. I'll only be mad if this takes a while to correct.

10C has always been good about fixing problems in the past.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I would agree that the order processing needs a kick in the ass, but there is far from a big qc issue from 10c. You mention the mug above, but has there been any other items with widespread problems?

The LB and Vault 4 aren't their issues and they're doing their part in fixing the problem. Not sure where the Vault 4's were pressed, but United(where LB was pressed) is notorious for bad presses and other problems. Then again, Jack White puts out some of the nicest vinyl, in both sound and packaging and UP is where all of his stuff is done.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I consider the messed up vinyl 10C's fault, 100%. Because they are the ones choosing crappy vinyl manufacturers in Eastern Europe and a US press with an awful reputation instead of going to the best so that we get the best. Why they are doing that is completely beyond me, but I think it's inexcusable.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    I've never had a real problem w/ the fanclub.
    Any time I did they corrected it right away though I've heard horror stories from members or former members.
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    Its tough because all pressing plants are at capacity.
    DewieCox wrote: »
    I would agree that the order processing needs a kick in the ass, but there is far from a big qc issue from 10c. You mention the mug above, but has there been any other items with widespread problems?

The LB and Vault 4 aren't their issues and they're doing their part in fixing the problem. Not sure where the Vault 4's were pressed, but United(where LB was pressed) is notorious for bad presses and other problems. Then again, Jack White puts out some of the nicest vinyl, in both sound and packaging and UP is where all of his stuff is done.

I've heard he is part owner in URP. At the very least he has to be their biggest client.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    I consider the messed up vinyl 10C's fault, 100%. Because they are the ones choosing crappy vinyl manufacturers in Eastern Europe and a US press with an awful reputation instead of going to the best so that we get the best. Why they are doing that is completely beyond me, but I think it's inexcusable.

If they go to Palis or RTI (arguably the 2 best in the EU and US , respectively), costs increase (because they are top tier manufacturers) and you will have people bitching about that.

They should use those two, but people will bitch about a $100 Vault w/o shipping. They can't win any way.

But yes to some extent 10c is responsible. But they have also dealt with the issues in a responsible manner.

• Options
    Let's be real here. How much does it cost for a band ti have vinyl pressed? How much are they marking it up (the band). I would think it's super cheap to press vinyl, especially for a band like pj. So stop be cheap on the quality of these vinyls. Jesus, it's not like this band needs and fucken money. Maybe it's time to stop thinking about the almighty dollar and go for quality not profit. But, again, who the fuck am I?
  • Options
    I'm counting on getting a replacement with no issues. They've always helped me in the past even when the mailman bent my Christmas single by stuffing it in a tiny mailbox.

Packaging was tremendous so good on Tim and the gang for that. I just wish i could start the show!! I didnt even download the mp3's on purpose! LOL
  • Options
    Anybody remember what happened to Hugh FREAKEN Dillion and his Sevens box set. Not cool at all
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    edited February 2015
    10c manages there fan club like circuit city manage'D there business.

smh
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    ^^^^HAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Would any member really prefer to get an unlistenable album for $50 rather than a super well-pressed one that is perfect when they get it for $60? Would anyone rather get something they can't even play than wait an extra 2 months for something they can? I seriously doubt it. Anyway, 10C's priority should not be to get board members to stop whining, since that would be impossible. It should be to create the best quality records possible.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Which $50 album is unlistenable?

• Options
    No records production is flawless. Ever. Every run has errors and errors make it out into the world. You can't stop it. PJ can't stop it. Jack White can't stop it, no one can. The best thing to do is to deal with issues as they arise and deal with them in a reasonable manner.

I would like for them to press at Palis or RTI, but I also have to say my Vault 4 is perfect. Sound great. I don't mind if they press there again. Granted now 10c knows to instruct the plant to do better packaging, but thats the shit you have to learn along the way.

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Take is easy pj soul, you haven't even gotten yours yet. Mine came and it's flawless. Some are screwed up sure, but I don't think that's the norm.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The records that i do have in my Vault 4 set sound really good.

My PJ wish is a Steve Hoffman supervised MOFi release of their first 6 albums....
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Whether or not my own is flawless is totally besides the point. If it happens to be, my feeling won't change at all.

The $50 records that are unlistenable are all the Vault 4s with pops and skips all over them Tim, and some that don't even have every disc included.

I have never had any record have these kinds of issues until Lightning Bolt, which was a complete clusterfuck, and now the same is happening with the Vault. This is not normal at all, and is what I would now consider a pattern.
  • Options
    European packaging issues aside, are the pop skips or missing discs widespread? I've seen a couple of threads here, but not like LB.

You are lucky if you have had no issues before LB. I've been buying records for 20 years and have had several issues and have seen even more issues. The margin for error on vinyl is pretty high especially now a days with capacity production, older machines, and bandwagon lathe operators.

I'm not seeing a trend here. Vault 3 was fantastic and the LB 7"s were amazing too. I think whats happening here is the Euro fans had some bad packaging and red flags went up. Now every error is more glaring when its posted here. If it ends up being more widespread, fine, I'll say so. but right now, these errors seem to be outliers. While anecdotal, my Vault 4 is fantastic and flawless.