Options

***Official*** petition to publish the set list for each show before the lottery

HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
I'm hoping this will catch on. I mean wouldn't it be easier for everyone to choose a show if they knew the setlist in advance. Everyone has their own favorites and knowing the songs would help reduce the number of people going for each show. And those of us on tighter budgets would have an easier decision on travel plans. I don't know I got the idea from a little birdie. Hope it's a sign of things to come.
#FHP

Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    worst idea I have ever heard, sorry no offense intended
  • Options
    But maybe if it was going to be a slower set someone might choose seats instead of GA and vice versa.
    #FHP
  • Options
    And no offense taken.
    #FHP
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    NO!!!!!!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Hank--with all do respect, you've posted some bad threads of your own. So, take that into consideration the next time you say it's the "worst idea you've ever heard."

Not the best idea, but an idea nonetheless. No offense, Hank. Just being honest.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    willc431994willc431994 Australia Posts: 201
    OP, you're not serious right?
    Dumbest idea ever.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Just like anything else, it might be exciting to some people. I would not be one of those people. If I had known they were going to play Around the Bend and Alone in Phoenix, I wouldn't have been surprised and almost dumped my beer all over the fine people in front of me.
  • Options
    this doesn't make sense...
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    i also think the band should offer their next album as a free download before they start recording it.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    edited January 2015
    Makes no Pearl Jam sense to me.

Main reason we hit a lot of shows is not knowing the set list.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Music is sometimes like sex.

Much more stimulating and satisfying when the element of the unexpected is injected, so to speak.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Also, the logistics of the OP make no sense. Expect it all to be planned out and announced how far in advance for the benefit of whom?

Sorry if my assumption of this being a bit of a joke is incorrect.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited January 2015
    No. I can only pick shows based on location. I could care less about the nightly setlists.

Edit: I could care less about knowing the set list in advance. It wouldn't help me pick a show at all. If they are playing Moline and playing the entire no code album and playing Charlotte with a basic set list, I'd still have to pick Charlotte just because it's 3.5 hours away as opposed to 17 hours away. I would much rather hear the Moline set list, but wouldn't be able to go. So in reality, it would just piss me off knowing I couldn't see what would appear to be a better show.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    mfc2006 wrote: »
    Hank--with all do respect, you've posted some bad threads of your own. So, take that into consideration the next time you say it's the "worst idea you've ever heard."

Not the best idea, but an idea nonetheless. No offense, Hank. Just being honest.

sure I had bad threads and I own it, but setlists determined months in advance is mind boggling and jaw dropping, when it relates to Pearl Jam a band that makes their setlists 15-30 minutes before the show, and a band that played 119 different songs the last 4 shows of the US Tour, taking all that into consideration, yes this is the worst idea I have seen presented here, the fact that we never know what song is coming next is one of the main things that makes this band so awesome
  • Options
    willc431994willc431994 Australia Posts: 201
    edited January 2015
    Gotta agree with Hank, my mind is boggled.
    Post edited by willc431994 on
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Well we all know Pendulum will open.....
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    boyo79 wrote: »
    Well we all know Pendulum will open.....

^^^THIS^^^
    And I can guarantee you'll hear "Do The Evolution" at the show if I'm there!!!
    =)) =)) =))
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Knowing the set list beforehand would take a lot of fun out of the show, at least in my opinion
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    guys, I think this was a joke...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    I think this is a steller idea. You could pick a group a songs that kinda suck like Crown of Thorns, Just Breath, Ghost to go grab a beer maybe take a leak and not worry. I'd be down for this.
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    After all we all know they pretty much play 85% the same songs on a nightly basis. Don't let two shows fool you into thinking otherwise.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Eddie doesn't make the list until a couple hours before the show
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Dog LoyalDog Loyal Posts: 336
    I want to know the set list like I want to be told the end.

Terrible idea.
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    I was lucky enough to be front row at the Showbox September 2004. I could read the setlist taped to the floor since it was literally 3 feet from me. Loved the show, don't get me wrong but knowing which song was next ruined that excitement. The only thing i can compare it to is if any of you have peeked at your Christmas presents before Christmas, and on Christmas morning you knew exactly what everything was. Sure you were excited when you sniped them open earlier, but that morning just wasn't the same. I jave to agree with some saying "worst Pearl Jam idea ever" (in comic book guy voice). I think the reason a lot of us go to PJ shows is because they mix it up every night. We don't get the same setlist like a lot of other bands...and that is awesome.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    heck no. one of my biggest show regret experiences ever was when i was given the set list (copy) heading to my seat and i knew every song coming next. one of the best experiences is that anticipation of what is coming next and seeing how quickly you can guess it after hearing 1 note, 2 notes etc
    some gifts are best when left unwrapped until it's time to open them
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    edited January 2015
    As others have started, terrible idea.

If you've gotten to the point that you're attending shows just to chase a song or a setlist of obscure songs, I think you've reached a point that you no longer get what music is about.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Horos wrote: »
    I'm hoping this will catch on. I mean wouldn't it be easier for everyone to choose a show if they knew the setlist in advance. Everyone has their own favorites and knowing the songs would help reduce the number of people going for each show. And those of us on tighter budgets would have an easier decision on travel plans. I don't know I got the idea from a little birdie. Hope it's a sign of things to come.

Pretty sure he/she is joking.

Right?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I'm down horos! Makes it easier to decide on what shows to choose! Great idea my friend!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Oh and horos is a dude. In case u guys are wondering. And a good dude at that.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
    dracula.gif

It would suck, BIG TIME, to know what songs in advance the band would play live on stage days, weeks & months before the show.