Options

12th Man shirt: is it bad mojo for a patriots fan to buy this?

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    make it a sticker too please! I got too many shirts and a $2 sticker would be awesome
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    marjen wrote: »
    Absolutely it is VERY wrong to buy this. I love PJ and I dont mind the seahawks, but I am a diehard pats fan and would NEVER buy or wear a 12th man jersey. No brainer!! Go Pats!

Why not? As I said in a similar thread, Brady wears #12!
  • Options
    ejb770ejb770 Posts: 88
    Tom Brady has nothing to do with it. That is a 12th man flag on top of the space needle. Clearly a symbol of the Seahawks, not Tom Brady. If you wear this shirt you are saying "I'm a Seahawks fan and a Pearl Jam fan." If you're not both of those things I don't know why you'd wear it
    "Counts his money every morning, the only thing that keeps him horny"
  • Options
    epieepie Posts: 290
    edited January 2015
    I am a big Pats fan in MA and as much as I llke this design, I can't pull the trigger on this one. "Do your Job" and Go Pats!
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Options
    ejb770ejb770 Posts: 88
    I guess I just don't get it. Are we that desperate to own anything that says Pearl Jam on it that we would wear the opposing team's colors? I mean I am a huge fan of both and I ordered one but to me it only makes sense if you're a fan of both.
    "Counts his money every morning, the only thing that keeps him horny"
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    yes, I do not let PJ influence me in the matters of the heart or politics :)
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    Yes. It is bad mojo. Go Patriots!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    I think it's great the band is supporting their hometown team. I think the design is awesome. I know there is not a chance in hell I would ever buy one of these.

Go Pats!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited January 2015
    As a Pearl Jam fan, I love the shirt & design.

As a Pats fan, no.... I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one.

Just my opinion, do what you like.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 256
    I know Green Bay radio tried banning all 'Seattle Music' last week and it didn't really work out for them. However, the only PJ I'll allow myself to listen to over the next 2 weeks is Boston, Mansfield or Worcester bootlegs.
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Yay. Radio stations practicing censorship in the name of pro sports. And they think this is more justifiable than censorship in the name of, say, religion?? Hmm.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    anyone else see the Beli-cheat news today? 11 of 12 balls is probably just a coincidence... right?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    Huge Pats fan, however this is funny s*t...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd3D2gsPUR0
  • Options
    Huge Pats fan, however this is funny s*t...

That video's great.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :-))
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    Just don't do it. I'm a Chicago Sports fan and I don't have any skin in the game and I would never consider buying or wearing this shirt. It's bad MoJo for sure. Don't compromise your ideals for a shirt - #NotWorthIt.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    the logo is inspired by the Sonics:

th?id=HN.608055343909439116&pid=15.1&H=110&W=160

the only think Seahawks about it is the tiny '12' on the needle.

but seriously, if you like the shirt buy it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Its in Seahawks colors.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Go ahead i hate both teams anyway , love it BELICHEAT just sounds so good .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Poncier wrote: »
    Its in Seahawks colors.

blue is a pats color...yes/no? ;)

seriously, who the fuck cares that much about a shirt? get fabric paint and cover up the 12 if it bothers you that much.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    whofeelslikeadrankwhofeelslikeadrank Posts: 2,702
    edited January 2015
    "i have no knowledge of anything."

well put mr. brady. in other words, you had absolutely no clue whatsoever that your head was completely buried in your ass about what the ball boys were doing? oh yea... i forgot that time in 2011 when you said you preferred throwing deflated balls.
    Post edited by whofeelslikeadrank on
  • Options

It's worth mentioning that we have yet to hear any facts related to 'deflategate'. So far we have unconfirmed reports from anonymous sources.

Nothing else.

But let's all jump to conclusions & buy into the media hype.
  • Options
    you should buy this one

B8CZ7zpCEAIB7yI.jpg:large

Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    It's worth mentioning that we have yet to hear any facts related to 'deflategate'. So far we have unconfirmed reports from anonymous sources.

Nothing else.

It's also worth mentioning that if this were a completely unsubstantiated rumor, Bill and Tom wouldn't have done their obfuscatory song and dance. Had there been no merit, there wouldn't have been anything to comment about. So I don't think there's much doubt about deflation. I think the questions now relate to who did it, and who knew about it.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote: »

Nothing else.

It's also worth mentioning that if this were a completely unsubstantiated rumor, Bill and Tom wouldn't have done their obfuscatory song and dance. Had there been no merit, there wouldn't have been anything to comment about. So I don't think there's much doubt about deflation. I think the questions now relate to who did it, and who knew about it.

You're 100% correct, I'm not saying the investigation doesn't exist (clearly it does, the NFL FINALLY released a statement about it) but we still have yet to hear anything other than unconfirmed reports from unnamed sources.

• Options
    the NFL releasing a statement about underinflated balls actually is a confirmed report from a named source
  • Options
    the NFL releasing a statement about underinflated balls actually is a confirmed report from a named source

Yes it is, however it only confirms an investigation is underway. That is all we know at the moment.

You can leap to all the conclusions you want about that 'c-sucker' Tom Brady, but any reports about the number of inflated balls, or PSI by which they were under inflated or any other reports we heard this week are unconfirmed, and from anonymous sources.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    It was confirmed that 11/12 balls were underflated. The only arguement is whether the Patriots will be penalized before or after the super bowl.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    not exactly sure what the anonymity of a league source has to do with anything. why else did Bill and Tom hold press conferences concerning the footballs in question? because the reports are unsubstantiated?

image1.png_zpsk3eueozj.jpeg