Fitbit

SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
edited July 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm just curious if anyone here has one and how they like it. Is it bulky? How does it track your sleep habits? Do you find it annoying or helpful?
ELITIST FUK
Post edited by SD48277 on
Tagged:

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I would like to know as well
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I have the Jawbone Up24. Works great!
    Oh wait, this is a FitBit thread. Carry on...
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I have one. I like it, it works fine. I find the log for food helpful too because it keeps track of calories.

Two things on the down side:
    1) it takes time to log your meals and I don't always have that
    2) there are times I take it off because I don't want to get it wet or damaged and then I forget to put it back on so it's not as accurate as it might be. (!!)

I do like that it reminds me to pay attention to what I eat though.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Hmm would you say it's worth the 75$ for it?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    justam wrote: »
    I have one. I like it, it works fine. I find the log for food helpful too because it keeps track of calories.

Two things on the down side:
    1) it takes time to log your meals and I don't always have that
    2) there are times I take it off because I don't want to get it wet or damaged and then I forget to put it back on so it's not as accurate as it might be. (!!)

I do like that it reminds me to pay attention to what I eat though.

Can they not get wet?? That seems counter-productive in a device designed to get you moving outside.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited January 2015
    Hey SD48277. :wink: I don't have one but know quite a lot of people who do & they find them great as far as I know. :) Does seem quite a lot of money to me though. I think a lot of it though is that it inspires people to be more active, trying to get to that 10,000 steps a day goal & that's very valid.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    morello wrote: »
    Hey SD48277. :wink: I don't have one but know quite a lot of people who do & they find them great as far as I know. :) Does seem quite a lot of money to me though. I think a lot of it though is that it inspires people to be more active, trying to get to that 10,000 steps a day goal & that's very valid.

Morello! :-h Yeah, the money factor is holding me back. I'm still very curious about how it tracks sleep (I think I'm more curious about that than the fitness tracking). Anyone else have one?
    ELITIST FUK
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I'm too legit to do fitbit
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Of that, I have no doubt.
    ELITIST FUK
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392

Can they not get wet?? That seems counter-productive in a device designed to get you moving outside.

Here's what it says on their website about product care-->

"Keep it Dry

*While Fitbit devices are water resistant, it’s not good to keep a wet band on your skin for long periods of time.

*If your band gets wet—like after sweating or showering—rinse and dry it thoroughly before putting it back on your wrist.

*Be sure your skin is dry before you put your band back on"

This is why I don't shower or do yard work or dishes with it on. I don't think it's good for it to get it wet. It is electronic after all!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

HEY!

HEY!
    chinese-happy.jpg