Options

Whats the deal with this UPS tracking email?

The email says estimated delivery date 1/15/2015 but when you try and track it, it says the label was created and it hasnt even left the for delivery. Why would you even send an email if this was the case? Is this a joke? is anyone else getting tired of this crap? I know its not the end of the world but when I pay for something close to 6 months ago, i guess i expect more, Am i wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    The email says estimated delivery date 1/15/2015 but when you try and track it, it says the label was created and it hasnt even left the for delivery. Why would you even send an email if this was the case? Is this a joke? is anyone else getting tired of this crap? I know its not the end of the world but when I pay for something close to 6 months ago, i guess i expect more, Am i wrong?

Same thing for me. I really don't understand how this shipping even works.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    tumblr_m31ix1Zx2b1qi8jcb.jpg
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited January 2015
    Your shipping label was created and scanned. It hasnt left the warehouse though.
    Mine was scheduled to arrive today...got delayed until tomorrow. These things were being sent out in waves depending where you live. East Coast was allegedly first to go....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    same here in Seattle...
    and we're in the same vicinity as the warehouse
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    In Brooklyn and apparently mine is still sitting in the warehouse... Like someone else said before not the end of the world but when we paid for these close to 6 months ago with an unusually high s&h fee i expect better service...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    same shit
    i like sound...
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    same here in Seattle...
    and we're in the same vicinity as the warehouse

In seattle too, just shipping label printed.
  • Options
    band.gif

anyone else sometimes read threads and think of Sawyer?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    MdeanseattleMdeanseattle West Seattle Posts: 63
    My order profile said shipped just before Christmas for Bellingham and some boots and now this .
    If our stuff hasn't shipped then don't claim it did and get our hopes up. I'm in Seattle as well as a few others so hold on it will get worse. Last vault my order left Seattle then went down to California and back up to Seattle with a 3 day layover in Portland. It's a wonder no one has turned nugs into the BBB for deceitful business practices.
    Here is how the ten club evolved. My first bootleg was a Vienna conter with last kiss on it. I called the Ten club, talked to a nice lady who took my credit card and address over the phone and I had it within 3 days. Now this.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    For God's sake guys...
    You got the email because they created and printed your shipping label. When they create the label is when they add your email address so you get the automated email form UPS. Santos even said himself that just because your label was created and you got the email, it didn't necessarily mean it had shipped yet. When it is shipped, your tracking will update with the new projected delivery date. Be patient.
  • Options
    God has nothing to do with it. The freaking estimated delivery date says 1/15. We have valid complaints. No other companies act like this.
  • Options
    For God's sake guys...
    You got the email because they created and printed your shipping label. When they create the label is when they add your email address so you get the automated email form UPS. Santos even said himself that just because your label was created and you got the email, it didn't necessarily mean it had shipped yet. When it is shipped, your tracking will update with the new projected delivery date. Be patient.

It's a dumb process. I understand you get the first email when the label is printed but why does it say a delivery date that obviously won't be happening? The whole process makes zero sense. And for the prices that they charge for shipping, it's pretty ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    God has nothing to do with it. The freaking estimated delivery date says 1/15. We have valid complaints. No other companies act like this.
    *key word
  • Options
    *key word

That "estimated" delivery date obviously doesn't mean shit. Mine was supposed to be 1/15 and won't be delivered anywhere close to that.
  • Options
    That date is automatically generated by UPS, it has nothing - NOTHING!! to do with 10C. That date is assuming that you print the label & ship it that day. And again, I'll reiterate that Santos even said in one of these threads, that a label doesn't necessarily mean they've shipped it. What is so hard to understand about that? This was a pre-order from months ago and now all of a sudden it's a huuuuuuuuuuuge deal if it takes an extra few days?! Chill.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    That date is automatically generated by UPS, it has nothing - NOTHING!! to do with 10C. That date is assuming that you print the label & ship it that day. And again, I'll reiterate that Santos even said in one of these threads, that a label doesn't necessarily mean they've shipped it. What is so hard to understand about that? This was a pre-order from months ago and now all of a sudden it's a huuuuuuuuuuuge deal if it takes an extra few days?! Chill.

Don't try and bring logic to this discussion, that is not what the people are looking for.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I understand how it works. I just think the process is dumb. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

I understand how it works. I just think the process is dumb. Plain and simple.

It would help if UPS did not automatically give a delivery date, rather it's emailed out once the package is scanned and in their possession to ship. but that is on UPS and the way they handle it. I think Fed Ex does not give a delivery date until a package is actually moving.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

Don't try and bring logic to this discussion, that is not what the people are looking for.
    :P
  • Options

:>
  • Options
    #hescalleddwyer. Do u work for Nugs?
  • Options
    Anyone that thinks this is good business practice for a million dollar company must have eaten paint chips as a kid and the paint chips were blue and they came off the bus they were riding. Yeah, I just said that. Bazinga.
  • Options
    wow
  • Options
    MdeanseattleMdeanseattle West Seattle Posts: 63
    Anyone that thinks this is good business practice for a million dollar company must have eaten paint chips as a kid and the paint chips were blue and they came off the bus they were riding. Yeah, I just said that. Bazinga.
    It was a tiny bus, so how much harmful paint could they of actually ate.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bathroom floor this morning...
    Take a couple of aspirin and chill out.
    And in answer to your question - yes, you are wrong.
  • Options
    dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83
    This all has to do with clearing out their bank account at the the end of the year. We did it at my work too. To have as little money as possible in the bank account on the first day of the year so the taxman doesn't count it towards your income. 10c marked them as shipped to get them out of the inventory.
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
  • Options
    Actually I'm right
  • Options
    It was a tiny bus, so how much harmful paint could they of actually ate.
    Kat wrote:
    14. Your postings reflect upon you.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I'm going to agree w/ both sides here. I did read Santos post about the labels and appreciated the communication. But if I receive and email that says estimated delivery 1/15 then I expect it in hand no later than the 18th. It should not be sitting in a warehouse after the estimated delivery date. That's not 10c's fault that email went out. The whole shipping process seems a little odd.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

Man, it works for Amazon and musiciansfriend and every other online retailer that I've dealt with. True most of them ship in a day or 2, but I doubt the guy running the show would clarify that the item won't actually ship for a week or 2.

Im kinda surprised they had the forethought to print out the labels and maybe speed up the shipping process a little bit. Also good to see they are repackaging these, after some complaints from across the pond and they're using a much faster shipping method than that Mail Innovations bs.