Do Aliens Exist?

1383940414244»

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 7,986
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    mace1229 said:

One reason I believe they never visited is just the physics behind it. Most stars within our galaxy are hundreds if not thousands of light years away. So even if they hopped into the Millennium Falcum it would take lifetimes to travel here.
    So I would have to believe they have either created a way to travel faster than what is even to believe to be possible making the speed of light seem slow (realizing our fastest speed record is just a very tiny fraction of the speed of light) or their lifespan is so long that they don't mind spending thousands of years in travel (assuming they are still going at light speed)
    And they have managed to do all that, visit and leave no trace, our let our CIA outsmart them in a coverup.

Or....they just never visited. Which seems more plausible?

We try for space travels for 50-60 years???..what if THEY try for millins years??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+ 2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 7,412
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

mace1229 said:

One reason I believe they never visited is just the physics behind it. Most stars within our galaxy are hundreds if not thousands of light years away. So even if they hopped into the Millennium Falcum it would take lifetimes to travel here.
    So I would have to believe they have either created a way to travel faster than what is even to believe to be possible making the speed of light seem slow (realizing our fastest speed record is just a very tiny fraction of the speed of light) or their lifespan is so long that they don't mind spending thousands of years in travel (assuming they are still going at light speed)
    And they have managed to do all that, visit and leave no trace, our let our CIA outsmart them in a coverup.

We try for space travels for 50-60 years???..what if THEY try for millins years??..
    We can't detect any signals from them or detect them...Until they enter our atmosphere and then they are just hovering around in brightly lit Skybuses? Doesn't make sense.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    The same old story..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+ 2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 939
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

mace1229 said:

Even if they have tried for millions, doesn't change the fact that they'd have to travel at a speed that lakes light travel appear slow to even make it possible. And since light is accepted as the fastest physically possible speed for matter, just doesn't seem possible or likely.
    ^^We need to tavel with the speed of light..maybe they don't..there are alt ways to travel, like wormholes or antigravity..
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 939
    edited March 2
    Yes
    Definitely possible there could be other ways to travel, or faster ways than we can't even conceive. So given the off chance of super-light speed or wormholes, even if those obstacles are overcome, I still believe the odds are small that even if there is other intelligent life and they can travel across galaxies that they would even find us among the billions of stars out there.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 7,412
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

^^We need to tavel with the speed of light..maybe they don't..there are alt ways to travel, like wormholes or antigravity..

All of which would be highly detectable.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Another non proof..

http://science.howstuffworks.com/space/aliens-ufos/ufo-government10.htm
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 34,472
    my2hands said:

The vastness of the universe is absolutely awe inspiring and impossible to even fathom

And at the end of the universe... what is there? If it even ends, can we actually conceptualize an infinite universe with no boundary?

Wow

Yeah, people tend to have trouble with the concept of infinity. Something with no start and no end.... hard to conceive for sure, but definitely not impossible. I personally love the idea of an infinite space, even though it's kind of scary.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata