Options

Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    Yes
    Don't they prefer to be called "undocumented space travelers"?
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    https://youtu.be/b9GtSESDfCQ
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    No

I vote no. I treat aliens like I treat god, ghosts, and angels. Show me proof and I'll believe.

This guy sums it up for me too.
    That guy is wise.
    Evidence is the only reason to believe.
    I have to disagree with this. there are many reasons people believe in what they believe and most often its got nothing to do with evidence. belief doesnt always require proof.. and oftentimes belief is illogical... and by that I mean it makes no sense to the person trying t make sense of it.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/dkVDKHwAvAo

Mr Carrey you are so funny..at 3"35..

https://youtu.be/hL20XPWy_F8
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/B77bua3Emb8
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No
    where is the edge of the universe ? it is said that the universe keeps expanding but by measurement's of light speed/years....so where is the edge ? and what is out there before the universe expands ? it's not creating new space I don't think ...the universe has to engulf space to add or expand
  • Options
    No

where is the edge of the universe ? it is said that the universe keeps expanding but by measurement's of light speed/years....so where is the edge ? and what is out there before the universe expands ? it's not creating new space I don't think ...the universe has to engulf space to add or expand

apparently the big bang created this 'wall' called cosmic microwave background radiation. much like the horizon, which we can not see past (or over as the case may be), everything beyond this wall of radiation is so far away that the light has not reached us yet. then of course one must ask oneself what shape is the universe... is it curved(like earth) or flat?

if the speed of light is constant then I suspect if there are aliens out there(which I don't believe there are) and theyre in other universes, then they could well be in the same boat as us... wondering whether aliens exist.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    Yes
    If you consider how many galaxies are out there and how many planets there are in those galaxies in the far reaches of space, and also consider the very minimal and easily met requirements for life (remember, even something like a bacteria or a single-celled organism which could be as simple as a eukaryote or prokaryote would be classified as an alien) then it's almost silly to think that there aren't other forms of life out there.
  • Options
    No

If you consider how many galaxies are out there and how many planets there are in those galaxies in the far reaches of space, and also consider the very minimal and easily met requirements for life (remember, even something like a bacteria or a single-celled organism which could be as simple as a eukaryote or prokaryote would be classified as an alien) then it's almost silly to think that there aren't other forms of life out there.

to a large degree when people speak of aliens they speak of anthropomorphic forms ... a form we think/assume we can at least communicate with and who wants to communicate with us(though of they were intelligent alien life forms what the heck would they want to communicate with such a violent and distructive life form such as earth humans?)
    single cell organisms and other somesuch may well exist out there in space but i think we'd categorise them more as 'small a' alien rather than 'capital A' aliens.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2016
    ^^^
    My high school teacher drew a big mickey mouse on the chalkboard and wrote anthropomorphize underneath him.
    He turned around and said does anyone know what this word means?
    No one answered and he went on to explain that we all knew who mickey was and could even relate to him.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    Yes

to a large degree when people speak of aliens they speak of anthropomorphic forms ... a form we think/assume we can at least communicate with and who wants to communicate with us(though of they were intelligent alien life forms what the heck would they want to communicate with such a violent and distructive life form such as earth humans?)
    single cell organisms and other somesuch may well exist out there in space but i think we'd categorise them more as 'small a' alien rather than 'capital A' aliens.
    So if the question is whether or not there is intelligent life, I'd say yes. Because if you agree it's likely for there to be simple life such as prokarya out there, and any spot in the universe is likely as old as Earth, then those prokarya have possibly evolved (or will evolve) into what we'd call intelligent life. I think this is all very likely.
    Also, even if it was only a single celled organism discovered, analyzing that and researching that single cell would be the single most interesting event in human history. At least in my opinion. Analyzing the components that make up a life form from a different galaxy, I can only hope that that happens in my lifetime.
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Yes

So if the question is whether or not there is intelligent life, I'd say yes. Because if you agree it's likely for there to be simple life such as prokarya out there, and any spot in the universe is likely as old as Earth, then those prokarya have possibly evolved (or will evolve) into what we'd call intelligent life. I think this is all very likely.
    Also, even if it was only a single celled organism discovered, analyzing that and researching that single cell would be the single most interesting event in human history. At least in my opinion. Analyzing the components that make up a life form from a different galaxy, I can only hope that that happens in my lifetime.
    I think a lot of people, not to a fault of their own, cannot grasp the concept of time and how old the universe actually is.
    The universe is put at 14 billions years old.
    Our system at 4.5 billion years.
    Dinosaurs inhabited the earth for 150 million years and then were completely wiped out.
    Humans have been around for 200,000 years and modern humans for 10,000-40,000.
    I'm sure many aliens species exist and have existed, some probably wiped out billions of years ago.

In our galaxy alone there are approximately 30 billion planets that orbit around a sun.
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    No

first we need the technology to reach and return from other galaxies. not sure any of us will be still alive for that.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No

apparently the big bang created this 'wall' called cosmic microwave background radiation. much like the horizon, which we can not see past (or over as the case may be), everything beyond this wall of radiation is so far away that the light has not reached us yet. then of course one must ask oneself what shape is the universe... is it curved(like earth) or flat?

if the speed of light is constant then I suspect if there are aliens out there(which I don't believe there are) and theyre in other universes, then they could well be in the same boat as us... wondering whether aliens exist.

I have heard of the radiation field or circle, isn't there one around the sun or the moon as well ? and isn't it not possible (for man) to cross or pass thru that field or circle ? and thanks for a great reply.

Godfather.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxxW_kXE3Fk
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,278
    Yes
    rr165892 said:

I absolutely think we are not alone.There is a fuck load of universe up there ,and to think we are the Earth has the only living things????Not buying it.

18 months and 30-odd pages later, this is still my favourite argument in this thread. A "fuck load of universe" deserves to be an official scientific unit of measurement!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    alien life i dont think would impact christianity
    while the bible was written for the purpose of law and order for the people and Gods purpose for humans the bible also says that if everything was documented there bible would not be able to contain them all and the bible doesnt go to indepth into the spirit realm as in what God does and how the angels work and the dinosaur age etc etc
    but the bible is not there to give us details of the universe but mainly a law book and example book for Gods purpose and will for himself and man
    what is beyond that i guess is what we find out in paradise when new scrolls are opened as the bible says
    so it does not mean that bc the bible does not contain alien life that there is or isnt any but God does not want his children to go beyond the bible but to focus on the bible on following his laws and understand and subject to his purpose and the rest is possibly a deterrent or distraction that we dont need and could be a reason why it is not mentioned but like i said not to go beyond the book bc the latter is not important for the moment and beside while i believe theres something
    its for each individual to process or not but it no way effects christianity bc the bible never stated
    anything contradictory it simply didnt say anything on the subject which is no conviction to anything in my opinion...
    but i like your daily posts..
  • Options
    You don't think if aliens are real, all the religious will collapse???
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

I think human society might collapse lol
    Mormons believe in aliens! It's a legit part of their belief system that God made many worlds and many children.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    23scidoo said:

The religions that flourish under the concept that humans are God's only major concern might (which seems to be just about all of them) .... although probably not. Religions are really amazing and bending their bullshit enough to keep people under their thumb.
    But yeah, hahaha, the Mormons would just be running around yelling "See?! We told you so!!" :tongue: Scientologists too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

The religions that flourish under the concept that humans are God's only major concern might (which seems to be just about all of them) .... although probably not. Religions are really amazing and bending their bullshit enough to keep people under their thumb.
    But yeah, hahaha, the Mormons would just be running around yelling "See?! We told you so!!" :tongue: Scientologists too.
    Yea, what about those people(Mormons)..they are fanatics??..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    edited June 2016
    23scidoo said:

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

Yea, what about those people(Mormons)..they are fanatics??..
    There are degrees and fanaticism and lack thereof among Mormons, just like in any other religion. The range is from absolutely fucked (marrying little children off to their uncles, barricaded religious compounds, making their own laws, etc) to kinda sorta normal (families living like normal people, but watch out if they leave the faith - their own parents will excommunicate them). But yeah, the Mormon faith is pretty far out there as Christian-based religions go, since it involves aliens and Jesus in America and shit. It's an American religion - grown in America specifically for Americans, really. Just that alone makes it pretty unusual. But you can't call all Mormons fanatics. Just the fringe Mormons are (and the official Mormon Church has disavowed them).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata