Options

Top 8 rock albums of all time

HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
Posted on the Daily Eight. It's an interesting list, but check out who lands at #6.

thedailyeight.com/entertainment/top-8-rock-albums-of-all-time/

Comments

• Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    edited January 2015
    Pretty sure that Who's Next is the Top Rock Album Of All-Time.

Yes, interesting to see though that PJ would be included on such a list. Usually most Top Ten Rock of All-Time lists are several Stones albums, several Beatles albums, several Dylan records, and a Clapton album.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Yeah I like seeing it on there but when I walk away and then come back to it it gets a little silly. I mean we love pj, but who other than a big fan doesn't think it's an odd inclusion in a list that has Floyd, Zeppelin, the Beatles the Clash to name a few... First time I've heard them included in a list like those...
    12 times platinum is intense though.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I totally disagree with Bruce Springsteen, the clash, and the greatful dead being on this list. But what are ya gonna do?

On a side note, I hate those sites that make you click next to see the next page when they do these lists. Just let us scrolll down. Such a pain in the ass.
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Combat Rock? Really? Not even the best Clash album. Agree about having to go to new page lists. They suck! >:)
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    Nice to see PJ on there!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Some interesting choices....Houses of the Holy and the earlier Combat Rock mention.... Not that they're bad albums, but you anticipate a different album from those artists. They do those, but then Born to Run, Abbey Rd and DSOTM.

Cool to see PJ on the list, but not sure one of their albums cracks the top 8. Lotsa massive albums getting passed over to get Ten on there, which is a massive album itself.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Sounds good to me. It needs to be up there on more list. The Beatles, Zeppelin, Stones etc.... can make some room. I think the record doesn't get as much credit as it deserves.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Seriously, the fact Who's Next didn't make the cut . . .

Eh, I hate lists anyway. A matter of taste.

Just felt the need to reply since The Who are my all time favorite.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    my top 8 as of today
    1.Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here
    2.Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin II
    3.The Who Quadropenia
    4.Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland
    5.Pearl Jam Vs
    6.Cream Disraeli Gears
    7.Black Sabbath Black Sabbath
    8.Moody Blues Days Of Future Passed
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Everybody's list is subjective, how do u compare artist from today to yesterday? Album sales? Not everyone buys albums anymore, so I think comparing album sales from today to the 60s, 70s, or 80s and not a fair comparison to bands that released records from the 90s to now.
    I have friends who never buy any music anymore, they listen to pandora or some sort of radio like that so they never buy a physical copy of an album or digital copy for that matter.

Cant buy what i want cause its free....