Options

2 cops shot in Brooklyn

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    something is really fucked up when you are trained that "the number one rule is to go home at the end of your shift". that gives cops a very wide latitude in making decisions. it makes them believe that they are not accountable for their actions, which in most cases, is a fact.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I seriously can't with this. My Facebook feed is like a war zone. Cops & other uniformed city officers lashing out at "civilians" talking about "now are you happy?", people of color & protestors lashing out cuz the cops have "declared war" in retaliation for this. And a whole bunch of people in the middle screaming for everyone to stop and calm down because #alllivesmatter

This is an awful, scary time. What happened today was another tragedy to tack on to the list.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    JC29856 wrote: »
    You really think citizens go out and say "I really want to kill a cop today"? C'mon.

# of police? # of citizens killed by police?
    # of citizens? # of cops killed by citizens?

Choke holds due 2 things, partially cut off air to lungs, partially cut off blood to brain.
    Anyone who says, if you can talk you can breathe, have someone put you in a choke hold for 9 seconds.

Hey JC and anyone else who thinks this is remotely acceptable . It's time to let the big boys and reasonable people in the room discuss this topic. As we all will experience this holiday season with our families there is a adult table and a children's table. You and anyone else who thinks this is justified needs to go play tidily winks at the children's table with Mayor Bill de Blasio. Stay off this one SIR…Way out of your league. REST IN PEACE OFFICER WENJIAN LIU and OFFICER RAFAEL RAMOS. ...Stay safe ALL
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Can you imagine this from black leaders after Garner
    "for the 1st time in a number of years we have to become vigilante against police departments. We will act accordingly"
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited December 2014
    You really think citizens go out and say "I really want to kill a cop today"? C'mon.

Choke holds due 2 things, partially cut off air to lungs, partially cut off blood to brain.
    Anyone who says, if you can talk you can breathe, have someone put you in a choke hold for 9 seconds.
    So whenever you can't answer a particular question you just reverse the question to suit your view. Just answer the original post. Because these responses are relatively juvenile.

And to answer your question- Yes I do think people wake up and say "I'm goi g to kill a cop today."
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    muskydan wrote: »

Hey JC and anyone else who thinks this is remotely acceptable . It's time to let the big boys and reasonable people in the room discuss this topic. As we all will experience this holiday season with our families there is a adult table and a children's table. You and anyone else who thinks this is justified needs to go play tidily winks at the children's table with Mayor Bill de Blasio. Stay off this one SIR…Way out of your league. REST IN PEACE OFFICER WENJIAN LIU and OFFICER RAFAEL RAMOS. ...Stay safe ALL
    he has every right to discuss this as you do.

it isn't so funny when something happens to one of yours is it?

see. we need to have an uncomfortable discussion about race, crime, and police use of force in this country. the ones who don't want to have it dismiss everybody else and say they should stay out of the discussion.

the ones like me that want to have it sit back and watch the predictable deflection and shake my head.

the failure of the justice system is what brought about today's tragedy.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Answering that question would be like answering, do you think PJ fans in Denmark wake up saying, I think I going to trample some people to death today?

Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    You can't be serious??? Comparing the assignation of 2 Police Officers to 2 criminals that where nothing but oxygen thief's that offered nothing to civil society??? Have just a little class and think about what you are saying...
    These officers were not mine, they were OUR's and they are now DEAD serving US.
  • Options
    Answering that question would be like answering, do you think PJ fans in Denmark wake up saying, I think I going to trample some people to death today?

Oddly enough, it is not difficult to answer your version.
  • Options
    What would the victim blaming be like....well you shouldn't be a cop if you don't want to be killed in the line of duty
  • Options
    What would the victim blaming be like....well you shouldn't be a cop if you don't want to be killed in the line of duty

What would the victim blaming be like. What does that mean?
  • Options
    Someone show me were anyone remotely suggests this was acceptable and I'll send you a signed copy by Jeff Ament of the don't believe in Christmas single.
  • Options
    For those that don't know what victim blaming is, here are some examples:
    He shouldn't have assaulted a police officer
    He shouldn't have robbed a store
    He shouldn't have walked around Wal-Mart with a gun
    He shouldn't have played with a toy gun that looked real
    His parents should have taught him not to play with gun
    He shouldn't have ran from the cops
    He shouldn't be selling illegal cigarettes
    He shouldn't have resisted
  • Options
    Someone show me were anyone remotely suggests this was acceptable and I'll send you a signed copy by Jeff Ament of the don't believe in Christmas single.

I only engage because I have no idea what you are talking about.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Interesting
    On Dec 19th a rally ThankYou NYPD was held where some mocked protestors while wearing shirts that read #icantbreathe and signs that read pants up don't loot, hilarious!
    Dec 20th 2 police officers are killed, now the phrase nypd lives matter is being used.
  • Options
    Gimme...image the uncomfortable conversation in the after life among Akaila Gurley, Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos.
    Wonder how the officers would answer Akaila question, are your lives more important than mine?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    The one aspect of this that is also lost in conversation is , we have to many guns in this country period ......no body deserves to be shot execution style not cops not civilians nobody ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Can you imagine this from black leaders after Garner
    "for the 1st time in a number of years we have to become vigilante against police departments. We will act accordingly"
    Black Leaders.....pretty funny.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,884
    Two cops are dead. Two families are shattered. And the piece of shit who murdered them used Michael Brown and Eric Garner as convenient "justification" for the crimes he wanted to commit.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I'm shocked at some of what I'm reading here.Really JC????????.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Jc, why are you spouting off all this rhetoric? This is a heinous crime that really has nothing to do with anything else. I suppose if one of the officers had an opportunity to shoot back he would have been blasted by you for defending himself during an ambush.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    edited December 2014
    You know what has happened there in NYC is tragic all around. Now what WILL happened next is that police will be on high alert because of these two officers tragic deaths. I would NOT want to give any officer any grief because there MAYBE a shoot first, talk later mentality.

I've seen and experienced it first hand in June 1978 when Terrance Johnson apparently killed two officers while being interrogated for no crime he was suspected of committing. They were beating him in the interrogation room got hold of one of the officers guns and apparently killed two of them. He was convicted later on for manslaughter and sentenced to 25 years in jail he was 15 or 16.

In July of that same year I got first hand knowledge of how brutal these Prince George's MD officers were worse if you were of color. Long story short I was arrested for walking my bike through one of those fairs they have in shopping malls something I had many times before without anyone saying word that could do that I was 17. Odd thing was I was taken to the very same PG station TJ killed those officers. I was crying cause I knew my mother was going to kill me when she found out. That arresting officer and others at the station mocked and jeered at me for crying saying things like "you are not a bad ass anymore MFer". My mother could not be reached so they released me on my own recognizance. To this day I do not know what I was charged with or what crime I committed. I ended up paying $25 fine to avoid trial because the trial would've been during my first semester in college.

My point here is from the TJ shooting onwards PG officers were notorious for there brutally after those two officers were killed. The same I believe will happen in NYC for some time till tensions die down.

Just to follow up on TJ, due to public pressure he was released early from prison. Then sometime later robbed a bank with his brother I believe went on a 100 mile chase then committed suicide in Aberdeen MD. I'll try post something about his story later.

http://youtu.be/gfHgwyn3VCQ

That was the only time in my life I've ever been handcuffed, arrested for anything and there's no record of my arrest.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited December 2014
    According to America's mayor its not police getting away with murder or zero accountability for police brutality and police lies....

“We’ve had four months of propaganda starting with the president that everybody should hate the police,” Giuliani said during an appearance on Fox News on Sunday. “The protests are being embraced, the protests are being encouraged. The protests, even the ones that don’t lead to violence, a lot of them lead to violence, all of them lead to a conclusion. The police are bad, the police are racist. That is completely wrong.”
    “They have created an atmosphere of severe, strong, anti-police hatred in certain communities. For that, they should be ashamed of themselves,” he said.

Who and when said hate the police?
    A copy of don't believe in Christmas signed by Ament.
  • Options
    muskydan wrote: »

he has every right to discuss this as you do.

it isn't so funny when something happens to one of yours is it?

see. we need to have an uncomfortable discussion about race, crime, and police use of force in this country. the ones who don't want to have it dismiss everybody else and say they should stay out of the discussion.

the ones like me that want to have it sit back and watch the predictable deflection and shake my head.

the failure of the justice system is what brought about today's tragedy.

He does have a right to discuss it as others do... except he's not discussing it like others do. He's discussing it in a really childish and weird way. It's not intelligent... it's not clever... and it's not funny... it's just goofy.

What type of comment is it isn't so funny when something happens to one of yours is it? Who ever said any of these killings were funny? By making this comment, did you mean to infer that criminals like Brown are 'one of yours'?

Further... I don't know what you mean by stating the ones like me that want to have it sit back and watch the predictable deflection and shake my head. What is the typical deflection you expect?

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    According to America's mayor its not police getting away with murder or zero accountability for police brutality and police lies....

“We’ve had four months of propaganda starting with the president that everybody should hate the police,” Giuliani said during an appearance on Fox News on Sunday. “The protests are being embraced, the protests are being encouraged. The protests, even the ones that don’t lead to violence, a lot of them lead to violence, all of them lead to a conclusion. The police are bad, the police are racist. That is completely wrong.”
    “They have created an atmosphere of severe, strong, anti-police hatred in certain communities. For that, they should be ashamed of themselves,” he said.

If it hasn't been succinctly stated... it has most certainly been implied countless times. Among many, you would be a qualifier for your 'who' question.
  • Options

If it hasn't been succinctly stated... it has most certainly been implied countless times. Among many, you would be a qualifier for your 'who' question.

+1
  • Options
    Thirty it seems like you're mixing up posters...go back and reread the thread.
    Again show me where i said hate the police, you lose credibility when you make a claim you can't back up. At minimal, know who is posting what.
  • Options
    Thirty it seems like you're mixing up posters...go back and reread the thread.
    Again show me where i said hate the police, you lose credibility when you make a claim you can't back up. At minimal, know who is posting what.

This is easier said than done with you lurking around though. I mean... look on page 1 where you copied and pasted my post without commenting on or adding anything to it- making it look like your post.
  • Options
    Well... what can you expect?

You get idiots spouting "Cops suck" any opportunity they can and... other idiots start to believe it and... some moron goes and kills a couple in his final worthless moments.

My post.
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited December 2014
    Well... what can you expect?

You get idiots spouting "public schools suck" any opportunity they can and... other idiots start to believe it and...then morons go and kill a couple of public school students in their final worthless moments.

Your post.

Edit: I see what you did here. It's your classic take-the-other-guys-post-like-you-did-with-Last12s and slightly change it to dismiss the original post.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on