Options

Please re-release the SINGLES soundtrack on vinyl

pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
please....seriously, it's been long enough
aqo2t.jpg

Comments

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Definitely. Should have happened a couple of years back and then it just got sidelined. I had it on pre-order with What Records for 12 months, it kept getting pushed back that much!!!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    pjradio said:

please....seriously, it's been long enough

Agreed.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Great soundtrack!
    I have an original not an easy find
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    yeah repress that shitty judgement night soundtrack but not Singles, one of the the best soundtracks ever.....idiots.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    You're asking the wrong people...and it's being worked on.
  • Options
    Please!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Don't think 10c, PJ, or Monkeywrench have a say in it.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I'd love that.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,732
    boyo79 said:

Definitely. Should have happened a couple of years back and then it just got sidelined. I had it on pre-order with What Records for 12 months, it kept getting pushed back that much!!!

Same here. And with SoundStageDirect. They kept bumping the release dates every few weeks. Totally blows. :(
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    kramer73 said:

Really?? Being worked on by.......
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    PJ has nothing to do with this.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    hsohi said:

kramer73 said:

I recently read somewhere that it's going to happen pretty soon, but can't remember if it was a reasonably legit source or just pure rumour.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    I hope it's true
    PJ_Soul said:

hsohi said:

kramer73 said:

I recently read somewhere that it's going to happen pretty soon, but can't remember if it was a reasonably legit source or just pure rumour.
    Hope it's true
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    don't care about vinyl......but, damn, it's good.....as was the movie.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

hsohi said:

kramer73 said:

yeah, I think they had hoped to have it done this year. Next year is fine with me!

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    boyo79 said:

Same here. I've wondered what happened to that money. I don't remember if I was charged or not and never went back to look.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited December 2014
    I could care less about who works on it....Deserves a re-relaese regardless
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I bought the mini disc a while ago :D Bring on the vinyl!
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

Don't think 10c, PJ, or Monkeywrench have a say in it.

I remember hearing the reissue a few years back was pulled by PJ's management.

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Not interested in this one either way.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Awesome soundtrack... Great idea people!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    edited December 2014
    At one point MOV was going to release both the Single Soundtrack and Mad Season. They cancelled both. Mad Season ended up coming out later as a more official release in conjunction with record store day. I've heard rumours that Single's will be getting an upcoming rerelease on bluray. If I were a betting person I would say they probably postpone the reissue to come out around the same time as the movie on Bluray. I'm thinking this is in the works.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    I really never got the movie - I was like 12 or 13 when it came out. The soundtrack I very much got though! Funny...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103

I really never got the movie - I was like 12 or 13 when it came out. The soundtrack I very much got though! Funny...

My thoughts on the movie. It's not that great. The main storyline between Kyra Sedgewick and that guy is pretty bad. Even back in the day the main storyline wasn't the great. The best parts of the movie are the Seattle stuff. when they walk into a venue and AIC or Soundgarden are playing. The cameos by members of Pearl Jam etc... The soundtrack is awesome. I'd give the movie a C, but the soundtrack an A- :) If I watch it now it's for the nostalgia, not the quality of the movie :)
  • Options
    Zod said:

At one point MOV was going to release both the Single Soundtrack and Mad Season. They cancelled both. Mad Season ended up coming out later as a more official release in conjunction with record store day. I've heard rumours that Single's will be getting an upcoming rerelease on bluray. If I were a better person I would say they probably postpone the reissue to come out around the same time as the movie on Bluray. I'm thinking this is in the works.

Yes.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Best song on Singles? IYHO

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Some may call it sacrilege, but Drown is it.
  • Options
    Zod said:

... when they walk into a venue and AIC or Soundgarden are playing. The cameos by members of Pearl Jam etc...

That whole scene where they come into that club changed my life forever :D I sooooo badly wanted to go to shows like that too. I always felt back then that the actors looked rather old. I found it hysterical that you could see that Matt Dillon was wearing a whig. I LOVED the scene where Ed is watching that docu about bees with Jeff. And of course the scene at the diner. Overall, yes, you could probably say it is not a super duper movie. But for me, it is special because of the emotional connection I have attached to it. I haven't seen it a ton of times, and watching it always brings me back to that moment when I was still almost still a teenager :) I was a little bummed out that we did not make it to the apartment house when we were in Seattle. We were pretty close on our last evening, but it was so freaking cold that we didn't do it. Next time...

• Options
    rssesq said:

Some may call it sacrilege, but Drown is it.

Drown is an amazing song, I saw the Pumpkins play it live at a festival back in 2007, I absolutely lost my shit when the opening guitar lines rang out!

My favourite song, however, is Seasons - it's my favourite Cornell song, I really hope they re-release the vinyl just so I can have that song on vinyl :)