Options

Guitar Mix on 2014 boots, does it sound right to you?

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,867
edited December 2014 in The Porch
Was listening to Moline and Milwaukee(both HD ALAC), and I notice that Mike's level seems way lower than Stones. In some cases I can barely even hear Mike. I have listened in various setting and it seems to be pretty consistent as far as Mike being lower than Stone,
They sound best on my PC scarily enough. Shitty headphones and in my car (premium setup) mike is barely there at times
Anyone else hearing this?
Post edited by hrd2imgn on

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Nope, sounding balanced on all platforms for me. Great mix in my opinion, but hey, I'm just a 'nobody' musician! Haha!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Also gotta figure Ed's guitar into the mix which is no easy feat. Only so much 'space' to work with in a two channel mix.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Funny. I've noticed Stone's guitar doesn't seem as full the last few years on some boots. Haha, what do I know?
  • Options
    Tone I think guys. Noticable change over the years. Can't play 1992 amps and pedals with 2014 vocals. Then things would be even more jacked up sounding on the boots.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Since the on stage sound has changed over the years with various equipment changes, etc, I have heard parts of old songs that weren't so apparent on early live shows. I think the distortion, clean vs. dirty aspect is the most significant change my ears have noticed. Listen to Vault 1 Once and then listen to Once on any of the bootlegs the last 10 years or so.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Since the on stage sound has changed over the years with various equipment changes, etc, I have heard parts of old songs that weren't so apparent on early live shows. I think the distortion, clean vs. dirty aspect is the most significant change my ears have noticed. Listen to Vault 1 Once and then listen to Once on any of the bootlegs the last 10 years or so.

Much cleaner sound for sure. I just turn it up louder. Problem solved!
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,001
    I was listening to the detroit boot today and thought the same thing. I think it was black and the solo near the end, it sounded really quiet. Thought it may have been just the one song so I didn't think much of it.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    Noticed that he was barely there on MYM from the Cinci boot, but all others sounded ok if I remember correctly. Could be some live mixing adjustments/guitar issues that can't be fixed after the fact.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore