Options

Vault 4 vinyl - how many are there?

RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
This is all pretty interesting to me. Everyone's saying shoddy packaging and now a few here and there are showing up with wrong discs? Dead Man has been confirmed to be not in the track listing. High shipping costs, possibly pressed in Europe, lots a drama mama...

Someone care to guess how many of these they ended up pressing? I would assume more than we all would normally think because there was no limit to how many could be purchased. People would never admit it, but I bet lots of people bought multiple- like 2 or 3. A flipper's dream, right?

I know I'm probably way off base but I'm guessing 8,000. What's your guess?
I'm like an opening band for your mom.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited December 2014
    sounds reasonable to me (maybe SLIGHTLY high)
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I would say a very fair amount. It didn't have the "limited" tag so maybe some people slept on it too.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Everyone isn't saying shoddy packaging and few had swapped records. Wait for yours and see.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Maybe those shipped from 10c will be packaged the same as Vault 3. We can hope.
  • Options
    callen said:

Everyone isn't saying shoddy packaging and few had swapped records. Wait for yours and see.

Yeah sorry, I don't think they're ALL going to be like that at all. Just throwing out some of the issues and wondering how many people think got pressed.
  • Options
    I've had MANY vinyls sent from 10c....never had a problem with any of them
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Only problem I've had was the one many experienced with the first round of "Lightning Bolt"
    But got my replacement right away!!
    :-bd
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Apparently vault 3 was a much smaller pressing so 8000 seems high
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    Waiting on mine in the US. It sucks that Dead Man isn't on there, but I'm just excited to have a live official pressing on vinyl! Can't wait!
  • Options

You could order more than one of Vault 3 also but I think it slipped a bit under the radar unlike this release.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539

You could order more than one of Vault 3 also but I think it slipped a bit under the radar unlike this release.
    That's true. I think a lot of people would have bought 2 of vault 3 if they'd realize they could. I remember few people who knew it was an option - I think it was widely assumed that since you couldn't order more than one in one order, you were limited to one. But people knew better this time and probably grabbed two or three. I personally would have bought a spare for trading or raffling or something down the road, but I couldn't afford it because of the single order shipping. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    no way there is 8000
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options

no way there is 8000

Then what's your guess? 4,000?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    I'm gonna say 1 - 3500. Just because of the high price of the vinyl & international shipping costs throwing fans way from making the purchase.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    callen said:

Indeed. Got mine on Monday and wasn't concerned by the packaging at all. Vinyl was all nice and correct.

I think some people (not all) are concerned the "shoddy packaging" may knock some $ off the price sometime down the line! ;)

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I guessed 8,000 because I've just been surprised at the quantity of pressings for rsd and limited edition sets over the last few years. The Dead often hit 8-10k in their limited edition pressings. Like I said I'm probably high (in more ways than 1) in my guess, but I was thinking about how many flippers probably purchased multiple of these, how 10c opened up the pre sale to non members (didn't they if I remember right?) how 10c probably pressed a few hundred more for errors/pop up shop sales down the road, etcetera.. Again, I'd rather it be fewer than more, of course.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    I think theres a difference between the outer packaging and the packaging of the record in terms of its sleeve etc.

the packaging to protect it was crap, the actual item looks wonderful.

id guess around the 3000-3500 which someone said was the run on Vault 3
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    I agree with Paul, I think the complaints with the packaging is with reference to the cardboard box and the one layer of the world's thinnest bubble wrap that was used. My bubble wrap didn't even cover the whole sleeve, leaving the bottom corners exposed and ultimately dented.

The packaging of the record is great. The seams have split on all three record sleeves which isn't great, but apart from that there's no complaints from me.

2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,852
    I'd say somewhere in the 4k range. Lots of crazy pj ppl bought 2 to keep one mint or trade/sell one down the road. 10C will never tell though because that would give it that limited number and drive the price up.

Anyway can't wait to get this.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    tino_11 said:

I agree with Paul, I think the complaints with the packaging is with reference to the cardboard box and the one layer of the world's thinnest bubble wrap that was used. My bubble wrap didn't even cover the whole sleeve, leaving the bottom corners exposed and ultimately dented.

The packaging of the record is great. The seams have split on all three record sleeves which isn't great, but apart from that there's no complaints from me.

Yeah I presumed the complaints are to do with the cardboard box and not the actual vinyl package. When it arrived and I opened it I definitely didn't have any complaints about the box/wrapping.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    tino_11 said:

mine neither, the top edge took a good whack which wasn't remotely cushioned. Still Im sure I can straighten that out. Naturally this has nothing to do with the tenclub anyway and Im sure they will package their stock out as they usually do and protect the other orders adequately.

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I'd guess in the 3-4k range, which isn't really crazy limited when you think of how niche-y it is. Vinyl is still a tiny pocket of music sales and they get by on artificial hype. All those RSD releases are really overhyped and they've killed the whole spirit of it, imo. Put those "limited" releases out any other day of the year and they would be available for months.(sorry for the mini rant)

There hasn't been a public sale for these. It was announced that the tail end of the Vault 3 selling period, there would be a chance for non members to get in on it. It was worded vaguely and easy to misunderstand so either everybody misunderstood and thought that once preorders were filled and mistakes were corrected there would be more available or they never did any sort of public sale.

Bummer to hear that the shipping packaging isn't the same as with Vault 3, especially with the cost. I'm not that hopeful that they will be repackaged for domestic orders, as the order fulfillment is unfolding almost identically to the way Vault 3 did.
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    I would imagine a few more than vault 3 since they let it be known you could buy more than 1 copy but it would be nice to know!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    One for me I will say. No need to buy more. Saves me money at the grocery store. On diapers & pizza and whatnot.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

One for me I will say. No need to buy more. Saves me money at the grocery store. On diapers & pizza and whatnot.

^^this

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    juddboz80 said:

I would imagine a few more than vault 3 since they let it be known you could buy more than 1 copy but it would be nice to know!

You were able to buy multiple copies of Vault #3 as well I believe
  • Options

juddboz80 said:

Yes, but few people actually realized it at the time. I remember people expressing surprise and annoyance once the presale closed and everyone was discovering that they could have ordered more than one, but it didn't seem like you could. This time 10C said something about it, and people just learned from the previous experience.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

juddboz80 said:

This is correct :-bd
  • Options
    Are they sending shipping notice and tracking? Is there some kind of order I didn't catch? I haven't got mine yet
  • Options

Are they sending shipping notice and tracking? Is there some kind of order I didn't catch? I haven't got mine yet

You should get a shipping confirmation when they're shipped. Only people in the UK and i guess some other European countries have them so far. The rest haven't even been sent yet.