Vault four on my turntable in the uk

124»

Comments

• CloneClone UK Posts: 140
    edited December 2014

Sorry man, that stinks, but like someone said 10C will make it right.

It would be nice if they bothered to reply to my email.
  • Will be stoked to get this in da mail.

Yes, you guys are right: the packaging design is cool, but the way my DC Vault is bonded (the black, sticky, whatever) kinda sucks. It's sketchy when you flip the front/back cover, so you gotta be soupa careful!

Anyone else?
  • Also, the weight of the DC dinged the corners up a tad. No biggie though.

Re: Dead Man omission: I would think it was a tech issue, e.g. recording malfunkshun. The thing is 3 records deep, so it ain't like there wasn't room or anything.

p.s. Why is it 3 and not 2 records?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506

Also, the weight of the DC dinged the corners up a tad. No biggie though.

Re: Dead Man omission: I would think it was a tech issue, e.g. recording malfunkshun. The thing is 3 records deep, so it ain't like there wasn't room or anything.

p.s. Why is it 3 and not 2 records?

Santos confirmed in the other thread that it was a teenager have issue. Only half of the song got recorded so they cut it. I'm sure it will still be super awesome (they wouldn't have picked it if it weren't). Vault 3 is fantastic and that is missing a couple of songs.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    I'm excited for it! A great vault choice!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,691
    My status has changed to shipped. Hopefully this means European orders have not been shipped to the US just to be shipped back again.
    Kearnsy
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

I'm excited for it! A great vault choice!

Tbh I didn't think the show was all that special listening to it the other night. I think Vault 3 sounds way better in production and performance-wise too. It's clear it's a warm-up show. But that's just my opinion. Still cool to have that era on vinyl :)

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680
    gotta agree with those who say the packaging on this was poor at best

mine arrived - thankfully it was almost unscathed but did suffer a good ding to the top edge that has made a mess of the gatefold. Ok not mega damage and I will obviously live with it but completely unavoidable. This comes in a very flimsy cardboard box wrapped once in thin bubble wrap. Royal mail are never that gentle so the slight ding on something will be felt by the contents.

Heard a few people are missing vinyl 1 and got two of vinyl 3's....how common was that?
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,936
    Clone said:

Sorry man, that stinks, but like someone said 10C will make it right.

It would be nice if they bothered to reply to my email.

I'm still waiting too. Perhaps they are waiting for all the complaints to come in to see what they have to deal with.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246

bad packing

This is for you pjradio!
    :))
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    pdalowsky said:

mine arrived - thankfully it was almost unscathed but did suffer a good ding to the top edge that has made a mess of the gatefold. Ok not mega damage and I will obviously live with it but completely unavoidable. This comes in a very flimsy cardboard box wrapped once in thin bubble wrap. Royal mail are never that gentle so the slight ding on something will be felt by the contents.

Heard a few people are missing vinyl 1 and got two of vinyl 3's....how common was that?

Hate to hear that Paul, I'm surprised they didn't do it the same way they packaged vault 3 so we didn't have problems!

How is the sound quality on these?
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680
    juddboz80 said:

pdalowsky said:

Hate to hear that Paul, I'm surprised they didn't do it the same way they packaged vault 3 so we didn't have problems!

not a clue Judd, im one of those wierdos who doesn't even have a record player :))

yeah I was surprised too as the Vault 3 came bomb proof almost.
  • pdalowsky said:

juddboz80 said:

pdalowsky said:

not a clue Judd, im one of those wierdos who doesn't even have a record player :))

yeah I was surprised too as the Vault 3 came bomb proof almost.
    No turntable Paul??

Time to pick one up! :-bd
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    If the 10C has to open up all of these before they ship, we won't see them for a while. That's going to be a mess.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • leekstokieleekstokie Stoke-on-Trent - UK Posts: 901
    Ahh mine arrived a few days ago. Only just got round to spinning it and as others have experienced I have two side E/F Vinyl and side A/B is missing. :((
    PJ
    2012 - Manchester 1 - 20/6 
    2014 - Amsterdam 1 - 16/6, Amsterdam 2 - 17/6, Milan - 20/6, Leeds - 08/07, Milton Keynes - 11/07
    2015 - Bogota - 25/11
    2016 - Philly 1 - 28/04, Philly 2 - 29/04, NYC 1 - 01/05, NYC 2 - 02/05
    2018 - LDN 1 - 18/06, Krakow - 03/07, Berlin - 05/07, Madrid - 12/07, LDN 2 - 17/07, Missoula 13/08
    2022 - LA 1 - 06/05, LA2 - 07/05, Berlin - 21/06, Frankfurt 28/07, London 1 - 08/07, London 2 - 09/07, Budapest - 12/07, Krakow 14/07, Amsterdam 2 - 25/07, NYC Apollo - 10/09, NYC MSG - 11/09, OKC - 20/09, Denver - 22/09.
    2023 - St Paul 2 - 03/09, Chicago 1 - 05/09, Chicago 2 - 07/09

EV
    2012 - Manchester - 28/07/12, 2017 - Amsterdam - 29/05/17, 2019 -Amsterdam - 09/06/2019, Madrid - 22/06/2019
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,139

Ahh mine arrived a few days ago. Only just got round to spinning it and as others have experienced I have two side E/F Vinyl and side A/B is missing. :((

Holy crap, seriously?!?! This shit happens with none of the other bands' fan clubs I'm in. Wtf this is making me nervous.

Sorry to hear, man, but thanks for
    Posting.

Unbelievable.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    @-)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506

Holy crap, seriously?!?! This shit happens with none of the other bands' fan clubs I'm in. Wtf this is making me nervous.

Sorry to hear, man, but thanks for
    Posting.

Unbelievable.
    It's the vinyl manufacturers who are fucking things up. 10C might need to rethink who they get to manufacture their records. After the LB fiasco, it should be a serious priority to avoid widespread product flaws. Perhaps someone at 10C needs to spend more time with overseeing QA with their contractors, and go to the manufacturer in person and do personal checks or something. One would think such measures wouldn't be necessary, but it seems maybe they are.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,985
    edited December 2014
    Received mine, in France, this morning. :)

The three records are here and, paradoxically, even though the packaging isn't as good Vault 3, the cardboard cover is in a better shape than my Vault 3.

The only thing is that my E side has a huge scratch. Fortunately, it's only something visible (just tried, didn't hear anything wrong).

Anyway, I'm going to have a close listen to it to make sure everything's right.
    Post edited by Hub. on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Anyone who has received duplicate discs - have you checked the etchings in the runoff areas to see if they are the same/different, or played the discs? My hope is that they just applied the wrong center labels, but if they're definitely confirmed as duplicates, that really sucks! Not liking the frequency of this issue.
    OK! Listened to the full show.

As I said, the E side has a long scratch but nothing audible.

However, Side F (which looks clean) has some cracks and pops for a few seconds (just at the begining of the Encore Break 2). :(
  • CloneClone UK Posts: 140
    edited December 2014

Anyone who has received duplicate discs - have you checked the etchings in the runoff areas to see if they are the same/different, or played the discs? My hope is that they just applied the wrong center labels, but if they're definitely confirmed as duplicates, that really sucks! Not liking the frequency of this issue.

I can confirm they are duplicates, not wrong labels.
  • foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 722
    wow
    after a long wait, this is kind of a bummer to read about bad packing and mis-packs. anyone who didn't receive complete versions, i hope you post feedback you get from 10C. this will be an interesting fix. i would assume they are jammed at the warehouse with BF2014, MLB, Vault 4 and the Xmas single?
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Really didn't enjoy reading this thread now, I have a package awaiting for me at the post office and I figure it's the vault vinyl. Just hope it's not a complete mess
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    Didn't contat

wow
    after a long wait, this is kind of a bummer to read about bad packing and mis-packs. anyone who didn't receive complete versions, i hope you post feedback you get from 10C. this will be an interesting fix. i would assume they are jammed at the warehouse with BF2014, MLB, Vault 4 and the Xmas single?

Didn't contact them, for the moment.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,651
    BLACK35 said:

Really didn't enjoy reading this thread now, I have a package awaiting for me at the post office and I figure it's the vault vinyl. Just hope it's not a complete mess

It won't be the Vault 4 vinyl. Our Vault 4 copies would of been shipped from 10club's warehouse in Seattle. Just checked my order history and it's still @ the warehouse.

Though .. think only the vinyl copies sent to Seattle are for distribution to USA folks only? And the one's shipped from Czech Republic are shipped out to everyone around the world, accept USA residents? If this is the case, then this totally blows. :(
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    demetrios said:

BLACK35 said:

It won't be the Vault 4 vinyl. Our Vault 4 copies would of been shipped from 10club's warehouse in Seattle. Just checked my order history and it's still @ the warehouse.

Though .. think only the vinyl copies sent to Seattle are for distribution to USA folks only? And the one's shipped from Czech Republic are shipped out to everyone around the world, accept USA residents? If this is the case, then this totally blows. :(

Vinyl is scheduled to arrive in Seattle later this week, pending customs clearance. US, CA, Rest of World Shipments should start leaving the warehouse week of 12/08/2014.

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,651
    boyo79 said:

demetrios said:

BLACK35 said:

Vinyl is scheduled to arrive in Seattle later this week, pending customs clearance. US, CA, Rest of World Shipments should start leaving the warehouse week of 12/08/2014.

Thanks! Can breathe a sigh of relief, for now. Hopefully these Vault vinyls shipped from 10club are shipped using the same boxes that were used for their Vault 3 packaging.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Just skimmed through this old thread for laughs...
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/218140/vault-3-the-incredible-journey/p1

The Vault:

An Unexpected Journey
    The Desolation of Smog
    The Battle of the Five Horizons

(Sorry. Getting excited for the new Hobbit movie :-B )