Options

Tamir Rice shooting (12yr old)

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    i can't get past the fact that this 12 yr old was shot dead like that , my son was 12 once and now he's 21 it breaks my heart that the parents of this boy don't have him around anymore .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

i can't get past the fact that this 12 yr old was shot dead like that , my son was 12 once and now he's 21 it breaks my heart that the parents of this boy don't have him around anymore .....

Really tough to think about. Really really tough.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Recent days have seen more and more police vocally express their frustrations over continuing protests after the deaths of Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, Tamir Rice in Cleveland, and Eric Garner in New York City. Last week, the International Union of Police Associations complained to the AFL-CIO that the umbrella organization wasn't doing enough to quell rhetoric among other AFL-CIO unions IUPA saw as anti-police. On Tuesday, the president of the Cleveland Police Patrolman Union dismissed critics of the Rice shooting, claiming the only lesson to be learned from the incident is "when we tell you to do something, do it." Audio leaked Thursday from a private meeting of New York City police officers a union leader warned "enemies" of the police were in charge in the city.

"The rules are made by them to hurt you," the union leader told assembled officers.
  • Options
    On Tuesday, the president of the Cleveland Police Patrolman Union dismissed critics of the Rice shooting, claiming the only lesson to be learned from the incident is "when we tell you to do something, do it."
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Again, I feel I'm missing something here.

The post above mine is a partial replica of what was above it.

Point? The dismissal of critics or the touted lesson?

And yes, if an officer tells or asks me to do something, fuckin' a I'll comply.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    JC29856 wrote: »
    "when we tell you to do something, do it."

Ya, I dont see things getting better anytime soon with people like that around.
  • Options
    Sorry, i can't quote says null and i can't edit posts all the time. I only meant to post the shorter snippet.

Anyone who is familiar with the Tamir Rice murder or has watched the video, or has kept track of the ever changing police statements or has heard about the cop that pulled the trigger would probably disagree with the union reps statements. Not to mention that he further shits on Tamir and his family and friends by making such ridiculous statements.
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited January 2015
    cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/01/extended_tamir_rice_shooting_v.html Extended video shows handcuffing of Tamir's 14 year old sister as she runs to help her brother. Heart-wrenching
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited January 2015
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited March 2015
    "It's incredible that they would take such a posture, such an insensitive position instead of just acknowledging bad behavior," lawyer Walter Madison, who represents Tamir's family, said Sunday. "I think the more healthy thing for them to do is to come together, acknowledge that they're wrong, work on solutions so that this never happens again and allow this family to properly heal instead of insult them".
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/02/police-kill-cleveland-boy/24259591/

Unbelievable. This is what society has become.... Police can brutalize and kill... And blame the victim and get away with murder.
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    What a miscarriage of justice. Broken system.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/28/us/tamir-rice-shooting/index.html
  • Options
    Absolutely. Cowards.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Sorry the facts and the LAW are getting in the way of the anti-police rhetoric around these parts. Teach your Children not to play w/ guns, knives, bats, or any deadly weapon around the police and horrible things like this won't happen.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    everything I've read about this case tells me the cops did nothing wrong. they weren't given the proper information, and they have to make the decision to fire/not fire in a split second. every one of you, in my opinion, would have reacted the same.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

everything I've read about this case tells me the cops did nothing wrong. they weren't given the proper information, and they have to make the decision to fire/not fire in a split second. every one of you, in my opinion, would have reacted the same.

I'm not sure about that, Hugh.

I'm one of the most ardent supporters of police in the most contentious cases, but I have a hard time with this one. A kid sitting on a park table, nobody around him, holding a play gun- even if it was a real gun... a quick and reasonable assessment should have established a more patient approach.
  • Options

Absolutely wrong when within 3-4 seconds of exiting the vehicle this boy was dead.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I want to see what was presented to the GJ and how it was presented to them.

This DA is likely out of a job next year. Re-election in march.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options

I'm one of the most ardent supporters of police in the most contentious cases, but I have a hard time with this one. A kid sitting on a park table, nobody around him, holding a play gun- even if it was a real gun... a quick and reasonable assessment should have established a more patient approach.
    well what I just read on CNN was that he was not sitting, he was standing, and was reaching into his pants to grab the "weapon". is this incorrect?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

Absolutely wrong when within 3-4 seconds of exiting the vehicle this boy was dead.
    not if they thought he was grabbing what they thought was a gun. But again, I need clarification on what happened exactly. what I read, as I posted above, might not be the facts.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

well what I just read on CNN was that he was not sitting, he was standing, and was reaching into his pants to grab the "weapon". is this incorrect?

From what I can recall of the video, he was sitting there peacefully- almost looked like a break in his 'play time'- with the gun in his hand on his lap. There was nobody else in sight.

The cops raced up to him in their car and shot him from the passenger side front window within seconds of coming to a screeching halt.

It was the shits.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015

From what I can recall of the video, he was sitting there peacefully- almost looked like a break in his 'play time'- with the gun in his hand on his lap. There was nobody else in sight.

The cops raced up to him in their car and shot him from the passenger side front window within seconds of coming to a screeching halt.

It was the shits.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

It was the shits.
    really? JESUS. I respectfully retract my take on it.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

It was the shits.

I might have it wrong- my memory of the clip is vague. You should watch it and judge for yourself.
  • Options

It was the shits.

I watched it again and my memory wasn't so fuzzy- its basically as I described it. Pretty ruthless.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I read that there was an enhancement made to the video that lent just enough credence to the "reaching for gun" claim to get him off. There was a hand motion which was not definitive one way or the other, he was shot before it played out.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:

I want to see what was presented to the GC and how it was presented to them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/no-indictment-tamir-rice_5681918ce4b0b958f65a19c5
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

mickeyrat said:

I want to see what was presented to the GJ and how it was presented to them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/no-indictment-tamir-rice_5681918ce4b0b958f65a19c5
    Not a betting man, but I'd take even money he will be out of a job come March.