TheGhostTheGhost Posts: 534
edited February 2015 in The Porch
Your light made us stars
Post edited by TheGhost on

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    TheGhost said:

Just thought I'd share: KORITFW (Keep On Rockin' In The Free World) Started as something silly I would say to my employees at my coffeehouse( commongroundspdx.com ), along with "power to the people, right on", and "kick out the jams, motherfuc#ers" to encourage them. It eventually became our unofficial motto. I sign all my correspondences to them with it and it's become a big part of our culture. It's now featured on our sign, and most likely on all of our merch and marketing in the future (until Neil Young sues us). So, to my fellow PJ fanatics, I say: KORITFW !!!!!!!!!!!

Love it!! KORITFW yourself!:-)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Love it!! KORITFW yourself!:-)
    You too!
    Post edited by TheGhost on
    Your light made us stars
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    That's awsome.... sounds like a great place to work. :D
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    It appears that some of my customers have googled KORITFW after seeing our sign and found this thread. It's a little embarrassing to have them find a glimpse of me being a rock-nerd online. I don't know how to erase the thread so i'll just say: Hi Common Grounds fans! Now you know I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan (and Neil Young too of course). Thanks for googling our cryptic acronym. If you go up to the counter and start singing KORITFW, mention to the barista that you found this thread and they'll give you a free punch on your loyalty card. And a big smile. :)
    Your light made us stars
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    TheGhost said:

It appears that some of my customers have googled KORITFW after seeing our sign and found this thread. It's a little embarrassing to have them find a glimpse of me being a rock-nerd online. I don't know how to erase the thread so i'll just say: Hi Common Grounds fans! Now you know I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan (and Neil Young too of course). Thanks for googling our cryptic acronym. If you go up to the counter and start singing KORITFW, mention to the barista that you found this thread and they'll give you a free punch on your loyalty card. And a big smile. :)

Employers nowadays check new hires activity online, esp social media. Represent yourselves well good people! Haha!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

TheGhost said:

Employers nowadays check new hires activity online, esp social media. Represent yourselves well good people! Haha!!
    I'm the shadiest character of all, because I'm not on social media.

Employers probably try to find me and, when they can't, figure I must be hiding (from) something.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    OP, don't be ashamed of your rock-nerd status, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    !
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Common Grounds coffee? Where is your shop?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Common Grounds coffee? Where is your shop?

4321 SE Hawthorne. since 1991
    Your light made us stars