The Ladies Of Pearl Jam Calender To Benefit The Wishlist Foundation........

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    RS151862 said:

Speedy is available. He'd prefer a summer month...

LMMFAO!!! I like the fan art idea. Hot is not defined well enough across the board, us I can see a lot of people being offended that they didn't make the cut, and so on.. But I live the art calendar idea, and the pets calendar idea. Maybe favorite fan/ crowd pics as well, there are some really great ones out there!
  • You better have a board of directors, an accountant, and a lawyer before you start this project.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    this is objectifying people based on appearance. probably not looked upon too favorably by the band or their admin.

that said, i'm pretty sexy...

just sayin.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

The ladies of the Wishlist swimsuit calendar?

Yeah, I'm gonna pass on that one.

omg, that made me laugh.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I thought IBTL means I beat the lock. I'm tired of the crowd funded shit. We have funded this band for over 25 years.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    Will it be limited?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Given that 1 in 3 women and girls will experience physical or sexual violence in their lifetime and some male fans of this band already believe it is their right to grope female fans of this band in the pit without their consent I think it would be unwise for Wishlist to associate it's name with a project that objectifies female fans.

It's White Ribbon Day on November 25th - spend the $20 you would spend on a calendar on personal care and sanitary products (body wash, shampoo, conditioner, tampons etc.) and donate to your local women's refuge or women's health service to support women who are homeless as a result of domestic and family violence.

You better have a board of directors, an accountant, and a lawyer before you start this project.

Are you making fun of me??? ;-)
  • You better have a board of directors, an accountant, and a lawyer before you start this project.

No
    But I do have about 100 questions I would like to throw your way.
    But I will wait a little while and see how everything plays out.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • iimagineiimagine Cleveland Ohio Posts: 492
    some great points, advice, concerns and ideas, this is only talk right now, just an idea....keep the ideas coming....thank you everyone!
    "The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012
    I'm sure nothing will go forward without the blessing of the 10c, the band and the Wishlist Foundation, I just think it would be a great way for members to participate in the Wishlist fundraising.....
    "The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I'll pass.

You better have a board of directors, an accountant, and a lawyer before you start this project.

No
    But I do have about 100 questions I would like to throw your way.
    But I will wait a little while and see how everything plays out.
    I was kidding. But I'll answer what I can if ya need it. :-)
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    iimagine said:

some great points, advice, concerns and ideas, this is only talk right now, just an idea....keep the ideas coming....thank you everyone!

i think you should be on the cover!

did you see me? i saw you.
  • deadendp said:

Can't answer the yearbook question, but I can tell you that IBTL means "in before thread lock."

I always thought it meant "I bet they lock". Even now that I know it better, I still say it in my head when I see the IBTL hahaha

:\"> =))
    I always thought it meant "In Before The Lock" :-?
    2003--Cleveland. 2010--Columbus. 2013--Wrigley, Oakland. 2014--Cincinnati
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I was going for "In Before The Lock" but hours later this thread still lives! I wish it long life.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

deadendp said:

Can't answer the yearbook question, but I can tell you that IBTL means "in before thread lock."

I always thought it meant "I bet they lock". Even now that I know it better, I still say it in my head when I see the IBTL hahaha

:\"> =))
    I always thought it meant "In Before The Lock" :-?
    Perhaps. I looked it up a long time ago and that's what it gave me. Either way, we all know what it means.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    IBTL on this. Hahaha! No, just no!
    www.cluthelee.com
    thank you shortstack
  • Honestly, I feel so bad for the band over the last couple weeks, and after what was probably some of the coolest run of shows in a while.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • iimagine said:

thank you shortstack

2003--Cleveland. 2010--Columbus. 2013--Wrigley, Oakland. 2014--Cincinnati
    why Dr. Teeth?
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    I think it's a horrible idea. Please don't do it.

In terms of fundraising, it seems like there's always demand for the Team McCready shirts, you guys should keep making those. New ideas are always nice, but if something's working, just keep doing it.

Also, how about Christmas sweaters? QOTSA did one last year and the Foo Fighters are doing it this year. Or socks? Everyone loves socks. And koozies.
  • Because of the fans. The band is a creative force, takes care of us in every way, donates money from every ticket sold and does many other philanthropic endeavors. Let them do it! If you feel good donating, just donate. But this nonsense about calendars and fighting over who gets to beg the band to do a show they probably aren't excited to do is disappointing. A lot of attention seeking has gone on here recently.
  • And I should say it's not all fans.

And I should say it's not all fans.

Good correction there! Lol
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    YES!

You must make this happen!!

Do it for the band, the fans, the world!!!

:(|)
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    How about a calendar of bad brains. He's one sexy fucker! =)) Im POSITIVE it would sell out and become an instant classic or as speedy would say, EPIC!
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Man this place is getting nuts....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
This discussion has been closed.