Options

The Ladies Of Pearl Jam Calender To Benefit The Wishlist Foundation........

iimagineiimagine Cleveland Ohio Posts: 492
Not my idea, but I'm pushing for it. Several discussions on the Official Pearl Jam Ten Club Members Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/10cmembers/) have concurred that this would be a great idea. The calender to feature the hot lady 10c members, and produced by some of our very talented members, sold to benefit the Wishlist Foundation. Thoughts? BTW, Happy Bday Vitalogy!
"The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited November 2014
    I'd rather buy a pets calendar.
    In a time where people get random dick pics from strangers just because they like the same band, I don't feel this whole thing. Well, and I don't know in general. No, not a fan. If you want to include "hot people", maybe make it with both genders. But best of luck.
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Will this be crowdsourced? I hope it will be.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Since it would probably produce by the members, crowdsourced- yes I guess, and Leezestarr313, that is also a great idea, pets and both genders, maybe both genders with pets.....
    "The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    in theory, I like it.......but since it came from faceturd, I can't possibly support it [-(
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I'd rather buy a pets calendar.
    In a time where people get random dick picks from strangers just because they like the same band, I don't feel this whole thing. Well, and I don't know in general. No, not a fan. If you want to include "hot people", maybe make it with both genders. But best of luck.

With you on the pets angle!

And..."hot" is subjective. Not much into the idea, really - especially given that the music of this band really IS about their music - not about image, nor fanfare, nor looking good, etc.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    imalive said:

in theory, I like it.......but since it came from faceturd, I can't possibly support it [-(

I couldn't have said it any better
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited November 2014
    No. Please don't. I can't speak for the band, but I'm not under the impression that this would be a project that would be highly supported by the band itself.

A fan calendar? Sure. Perhaps 10c members together in a group shot, venue photos, band photos taken from wherever the 10c members happen to be. There are some awesome shots that folks have taken and posted.

A "hot lady 10c member" calendar? I hope not to offend, but I think that is the tackiest thing ever.

Whatever direction you choose, I wish you the best of luck.
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    this is great,, thanks for the input, this is what we were looking for....it's not my gig, but I'm behind some kind of a member produced calender for Wishlist Fundraising...keep them coming
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    hmm, wonder if it will turn out as well as the yearbook.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,913
    IBTL

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Sorry for my ignorance JimmyV, what does that mean?
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

hmm, wonder if it will turn out as well as the yearbook.

:))
  • Options
    not familiar with the yearbook either, was it good or a disaster?
  • Options
    i'd agree a hot-lady calendar is not a way to go; it is just too boorish, and it is not something I would support. What might be cool is to do a fan art calendar, or something.
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Can't answer the yearbook question, but I can tell you that IBTL means "in before thread lock." The tone that the yearbook brings up is something I don't know that you or I want to be digging around for.

I know that you aren't the one who came up with the idea, but I just can't imagine PJ themselves being pleased with the idea. They really don't strike me as "hot women" calendar kind of people since they push for women having self respect and all.

Again, I know it isn't you, but it makes me think of something that would be done for a 1980's hair band. Digging for ideas. That's a good thing. Feedback. Wonderful!

Scans of tickets. Old fliers. (From prior to the Ames poster book era.)

Good luck!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    another great idea for sure, thank you gettingright
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Can't answer the yearbook question, but I can tell you that IBTL means "in before thread lock."

I always thought it meant "I bet they lock". Even now that I know it better, I still say it in my head when I see the IBTL hahaha

:\"> =))
  • Options
    thank you for the input deadendp!! much appreciated...
  • Options
    The ladies of the Wishlist swimsuit calendar?

Yeah, I'm gonna pass on that one.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I don't think the idea was swimsuit, or even suggestive, but thank you Speedy,,,
  • Options
    iimagine said:

I don't think the idea was swimsuit, or even suggestive, but thank you Speedy,,,

Have a sense of humor.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807
    Well, if they can come up with something like The Sexy Men of YEG Food Calendar then sure, if 100% of the profits are going directly to charity.

http://edmontonsfoodbank.com/the-feed/archives/2014/11/20/the-sexy-men-of-yeg-food-calendar/ . CBC TV for the past 3 day's now they have been promoting this. $20 dollars a calendar going directly to the local Food Bank.

If someone was able to photo 12 lovely ladies in PJ clothing holding various PJ merchandise with a PJ themed background (posters on the wall etc..) in a sexy pose THAT would totally raise ALOT of mula & all the money going to charity, then why not? It's all for fun so live a little.

But I'm sure many women will get upset, right? But how about releasing also a sexy men's PJ calender? I'm sure the women won't get upset with that release. Or maybe? Who are we kidding. They will. Even some men will get upset with a release of a sexy men's PJ calendar. :bz

I'm not on Facebook so if this project does happen, please let us know here who will be organizing this. And list some references cause the last few fan projects I've seen / heard posted here have all failed so if this project is gonna work, find the right one who's experienced & have created previous custom calendars. If not, nobody is gonna be interested in donating any money to this fan project.

If this thread get's locked, which it probably will. All the best with your charitable mind & spirit.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I just don't understand or like contrived sexiness - it actually contradicts the natural, which IS sexy.

deadendp, good post!
  • Options
    thank you Demetrios! I truly respect everyone's opinion of this, and am enjoying the input. The truth is, for me at least, I feel exactly as you do about this, we have several very attractive members, and we are all attractive in one way or another, so why not? If it is a way to participate in the PJ community for a good cause, I see no harm. Your input is invaluable, thank you again!! Can someone tell me why this thread would be locked? thanks again everyone!!
  • Options
    I'm calling my lawyer
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,474
    iimagine said:

"hot lady 10c members" is not suggestive? OK...
  • Options
    edited November 2014

iimagine said:

"hot lady 10c members" is not suggestive? OK...
    I mean the pics wouldn't have to be suggestive, or sexual even, that's my take on it at least.... anyhow there are several great idea's brought up here, let's continue with those, this is not in stone anywhere, just getting some idea's for the possibility, that's all.......
    Post edited by iimagine on
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Speedy is available. He'd prefer a summer month...

Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    :))
This discussion has been closed.