Options

Crowdfunded Pearl Jam Fan website

1235»

Comments

• Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    ldent42 said:

Has anyone confirmed if the article was in the print edition or just online? It's raining so I don't wanna go buy a paper cuz it'll get gross.

Yes, in print as well.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited November 2014
    lazloblue said:

PJ_Soul said:

\m/ =))

I am honestly most disturbed about the fact that my typo got published.

After that, I think it's just weird that this story is being reported on at all... did that guy actually call the newspaper I wonder? Could this be his idea of publicity for his cause? I wonder how this is going over with Wishlist?

Also, I doubt I need to say it, but just for the record, despite the oddly placed quote, I never threatened or strong-armed anyone. I did say that I thought crowdsourcing seems like a way to strong-arm the band though... ;)

There is a thread on FB in the Official PJ Ten Club Members page that is 400+ comments in already. Quite a shit show of banter. Dan is on trying to defend himself and denounce the article. But did say he was quoted correctly. Sadly, nobody's gonna win that argument.
    I was just reading that FB thread, and the one thing that really struck me was that the PJ at Forest Hills twitter account actually tweeted an enthusiastic thank you to the Daily News. I wouldn't be surprised if it's deleted by now, but there is a screen shot of it. Probably not a good idea for a tweet!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Well, that's a strangely written article. Allegation of threats and "almost" strong-arming, and the best quote they can come up with to illustrate this is PJ_Soul's statement about the building being in disrepair? Those crowdfunders must be pretty mild individuals if they feel threatened by that.

Did they even read the sticker limit thread? People were throwing around Germany World War II references. The crowdfunding threads seem like a backyard brawl compared to the sticker thread.
    I'm calling The Post regarding the sticker limit thread!!! =))
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I think this dude and the wishlist people are ruining both of their chances with the fighting.

Psycho PJ fans are embarassing
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I am going to crowdsource a rap-off between the Forest Hills guy and Wishlist.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840

I think this dude and the wishlist people are ruining both of their chances with the fighting.

Psycho PJ fans are embarassing

you hit the nail right on the head.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185
    MayDay10 said:

I am going to crowdsource a rap-off between the Forest Hills guy and Wishlist.

Battle RaP

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Alright alright, this shits still going on. God damn, I just want to see a show or 2. But I'll take a battle "RaP" as my good man LoLo said.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    dfishberg said:

Well, that's a strangely written article. Allegation of threats and "almost" strong-arming, and the best quote they can come up with to illustrate this is PJ_Soul's statement about the building being in disrepair? Those crowdfunders must be pretty mild individuals if they feel threatened by that.

Did they even read the sticker limit thread? People were throwing around Germany World War II references. The crowdfunding threads seem like a backyard brawl compared to the sticker thread.
    I'm calling The Post regarding the sticker limit thread!!! =))
    I can see the headline now. "Capitalist Nazis create profitable secondary market for Band Merch"
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    i'll donate $10 for a ticket for an old skool freestyle battle.....
    Dan vs. Laura
    all proceeds go to charity..... :))
    Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

Extra Extra read all about it!

PJ Fan scores Pono for $520, chaos and controversy ensues!
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Extra Extra read all about it!

PJ Fan scores Pono for $520, chaos and controversy ensues!

US Stocks fall 50% on news.....
    Asia fears all out collapse.......

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ldent42 said:

Has anyone confirmed if the article was in the print edition or just online? It's raining so I don't wanna go buy a paper cuz it'll get gross.

Yeah I said already I read it in the paper then found the link to share
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    edited November 2014
    People have lost their god damn minds over this it's embarrasing to be part of this in any way , i'll just wait like i have for the past 20 yrs for the BAND to announce upcoming shows even if i have to wait till 2016 .....In other news i'm gonna see Jack fucking White in MSG in January with crazy ass BB
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

People have lost their god damn minds over this it's embarrasing to be part of this in any way , i'll just wait like i have for the past 20 yrs for the BAND to announce upcoming shows even if i have to wait till 2016 .....

is that on or off the record?
  • Options

People have lost their god damn minds over this it's embarrasing to be part of this in any way , i'll just wait like i have for the past 20 yrs for the BAND to announce upcoming shows even if i have to wait till 2016 .....In other news i'm gonna see Jack fucking White in MSG in January with crazy ass BB

\m/
    that's gonna be sick

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    MayDay10 said:

People have lost their god damn minds over this it's embarrasing to be part of this in any way , i'll just wait like i have for the past 20 yrs for the BAND to announce upcoming shows even if i have to wait till 2016 .....

is that on or off the record?
    \:D/ on the record ..
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

\m/
    that's gonna be sick
    yes it will be :-c
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    on2legs said:

I think the real or perceived infighting between the groups is going to be the final nail in the coffin for any crowd funded shows. Why would the band want to encourage that type of behavior?

Ahh but why would this be the case?? I mean the band set a precedence when it sided with Wishlist in 2006 and allowed it to be the "official" fan fundraiser for the band... just sayin'. I guess its survival of the fittest or most connected.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515

Such a great love show!!!! And at MSG too... officially jealous.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.