Options

Crowdfunded Pearl Jam Fan website

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Well, that's a strangely written article. Allegation of threats and "almost" strong-arming, and the best quote they can come up with to illustrate this is PJ_Soul's statement about the building being in disrepair? Those crowdfunders must be pretty mild individuals if they feel threatened by that.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JimmyV said:

"My only regret is that I have but one life to give for my fan club."

-- Anonymous member before the battle of Queens during the great Ten Club Civil War of 2015

I love it!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539

Well, that's a strangely written article. Allegation of threats and "almost" strong-arming, and the best quote they can come up with to illustrate this is PJ_Soul's statement about the building being in disrepair? Those crowdfunders must be pretty mild individuals if they feel threatened by that.

Did they even read the sticker limit thread? People were throwing around Germany World War II references. The crowdfunding threads seem like a backyard brawl compared to the sticker thread.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    JimmyV said:

-- Anonymous member before the battle of Queens during the great Ten Club Civil War of 2015

=))
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I'm getting some ceramic PJ mugs that look like they are from the Civil War era.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    I'm curious what color Dan's house is....

Salmon?
    Coral?
    Pink?
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    If this made it into the print I will be sur......not surprised cuz it's the Daily News. Right. But I will check later if I remember when I pass by a newspaper selling establishment.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    that cant be real
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    JimmyV said:

Ha!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    I think it's too bad that Dan decided to take a negative approach to his media campaign. He had an opportunity to talk about his project and raise a level of understanding about what his event is all about. Instead he chose to talk to a reporter about being threatened by fans. I hope he understands that it's things like this that make it hard for this fan to support his cause.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    SD48277 said:

on2legs said:

badbrains said:

What happens if pj pick one over the other? Is there mutiny in the 10C?

It would be the start of the Pearl Jam Civil War!
    East Coast vs. West Coast
    =))
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    lazloblue said:

I think it's too bad that Dan decided to take a negative approach to his media campaign. He had an opportunity to talk about his project and raise a level of understanding about what his event is all about. Instead he chose to talk to a reporter about being threatened by fans. I hope he understands that it's things like this that make it hard for this fan to support his cause.

I assume it is a real article. If real the reporter is a fan or at least a decent researcher as the first paragraph uses "Light Years" and "Undone".
  • Options
    I read it in the print edition.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    where's PJ Soul.... she too cool for us now that she is famous?
    =))
    I have some follow up questions for her.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    NY Daily News-
    "All The News That is Shit... We Print"

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    lazloblue said:

Agreed.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    lolobugg said:

NY Daily News-

:))
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

NY Daily News-

At least it's a step up from The New York Post.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Is that a real article?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    mfc2006 said:

Is that a real article?

Yep.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Yes I was sitting in work and read it in the daily news in the borough section for local news to each borough.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    SD48277 said:

on2legs said:

badbrains said:

What happens if pj pick one over the other? Is there mutiny in the 10C?

It would be the start of the Pearl Jam Civil War!
    East Coast vs. West Coast
    Only survivors? The South.

Why? because the band doesn't care enough to tour here.

Only war the south survived? The 10C civil war.

The news article writes itself.

8-}
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited November 2014
    What did I miss? O:-) :))

I just got a text telling me I was in the paper and I thought it was a joke, hahaha. Then I read it and I still thought it must somehow be a joke! :P
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

What did I miss? O:-) :))

I just got a text telling me I was in the paper and I thought it was a joke, hahaha. Then I read it and I still thought it must somehow be a joke! :P

You are our Rock Star today!!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    \m/ =))

I am honestly most disturbed about the fact that my typo got published.

After that, I think it's just weird that this story is being reported on at all... did that guy actually call the newspaper I wonder? Could this be his idea of publicity for his cause? I wonder how this is going over with Wishlist?

Also, I doubt I need to say it, but just for the record, despite the oddly placed quote, I never threatened or strong-armed anyone. I did say that I thought crowdsourcing seems like a way to strong-arm the band though... ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I heard they are churning out a hard-hitting story on the 10c Message Pit secret santa

This doesnt feel fan-sourced or crowd-sourced IMO. I always imagined/expected we would crowdsource but it would be grassroots originating from here on the board, run by well known/liked individuals, a campaign probably based on fans showing generosity toward one of the band's charitable initiatives, and grow into a 1-shot huge thing that is bound for success... good press. Everyone is happy, etc...

This to me has the feel of one or 2 guys out of nowhere greedily wanting PJ in a venue of their choosing, in their backyard, across the country, in a sub-standard facility for $80. I could see if it was a place/area/country they never played/havent played in a long time, but its pretty much in EC PJ Ground Zero
    Im sure this Dan character is a decent guy and all... its just the way this is put together swings the door open for all the doubters, fraud skeptics, and jealous folks to shit all over it.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430
    I think the real or perceived infighting between the groups is going to be the final nail in the coffin for any crowd funded shows. Why would the band want to encourage that type of behavior?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

\m/ =))

I am honestly most disturbed about the fact that my typo got published.

After that, I think it's just weird that this story is being reported on at all... did that guy actually call the newspaper I wonder? Could this be his idea of publicity for his cause? I wonder how this is going over with Wishlist?

Also, I doubt I need to say it, but just for the record, despite the oddly placed quote, I never threatened or strong-armed anyone. I did say that I thought crowdsourcing seems like a way to strong-arm the band though... ;)

There is a thread on FB in the Official PJ Ten Club Members page that is 400+ comments in already. Quite a shit show of banter. Dan is on trying to defend himself and denounce the article. But did say he was quoted correctly. Sadly, nobody's gonna win that argument.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    on2legs said:

I think the real or perceived infighting between the groups is going to be the final nail in the coffin for any crowd funded shows. Why would the band want to encourage that type of behavior?

This exactly. It's now gone too far and the band will almost certainly not cater to it. The negative spin was a death move.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Has anyone confirmed if the article was in the print edition or just online? It's raining so I don't wanna go buy a paper cuz it'll get gross.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
This discussion has been closed.