Options

Lost Dogs Colored vinyl on eBay

13»

Comments

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Actually, with respect to the vinyl craze, Zod makes some very good points above.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited November 2014

my question is this?
    PJ is a band built on bootlegs. no one has a problem with any of the cds that have been rolling since 92/93. why is there a problem with these. do you honestly think those couple hundred records are going to change PJs bottom line. i look at them as novelty items for the collector. if you don't want one don't buy one.
    ebay does block them. try listing a Pink Floyd boot. i had a PJ cd from a box set taken down is less than 24 hours much to my surprise.

No it doesn't change their bottom line, but the financial impact on Pearl Jam (or lack thereof) has absolutely nothing to do with why I am against illegal bootlegs.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    got all my wax when it came out new with the exception of Lost Dogs. paid pretty good for that one but not the rate it is going now. still don't have Avocado. it's the only one left besides Benny but that's never gonna happen :))

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    simalarionsimalarion Posts: 74
    edited May 2015
    Damn i knew it, should have checked with this forum first. I missed out on Mystery Vinyl to, becouse i manage to forget the whole thing (the joy). Today i found a Sealed copy of Lost Dogs Vinyl on Ebay for only 400 Nok ( somthing like 50 dollars), then i saw it was green then i found this thread, and ofcourse its a bootleg a fake.... jeez, I knew the price was to good to be real, should hav known.

I canceled the phurchase ofcourse, i also sent ebay a message that this seller sells Bootlegs, if ebay is actually ok with this the sellers should at least mark the product as Bootleg....

baaahhhhh
    What did the Romans ever do for us?
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729

Damn i knew it, should have checked with this forum first. I missed out on Mystery Vinyl to, becouse i manage to forget the whole thing (the joy). Today i found a Sealed copy of Lost Dogs Vinyl on Ebay for only 400 Nok ( somthing like 50 dollars), then i saw it was green then i found this thread, and ofcourse its a bootleg a fake.... jeez, I knew the price was to good to be real, should hav known.

I canceled the phurchase ofcourse, i also sent ebay a message that this seller sells Bootlegs, if ebay is actually ok with this the sellers should at least mark the product as Bootleg....

baaahhhhh

They usually do. Just read the description's. Most have a colored circle in upper right corner depicting the color of vinyl inside.
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    So how many colored pirated Pearl Jam Lost Dogs vinyl records are out there? I see a green one listed on eBay for 200 bucks. That's a messed up price for a pirated item.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    demetrios said:

So how many colored pirated Pearl Jam Lost Dogs vinyl records are out there? I see a green one listed on eBay for 200 bucks. That's a messed up price for a pirated item.

Blue, Red, Yellow, & Green are the ones I know of. $200 is ridiculous! At that point, just save an extra $100 and get the real deal. No one should ever pay more than $25 for this crap. Well, in my ethical opinion, no one should pay for this crap at all, but if it's gonna hold you over until you can save for a legit copy, never overpay!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746

demetrios said:

Blue, Red, Yellow, & Green are the ones I know of. $200 is ridiculous! At that point, just save an extra $100 and get the real deal. No one should ever pay more than $25 for this crap. Well, in my ethical opinion, no one should pay for this crap at all, but if it's gonna hold you over until you can save for a legit copy, never overpay!
    So many colors? Damn! Gotta collect them all. :p .
    Fuck that!!!

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    adusick said:

Hey guys, wanted to get your thoughts on this. eBay clearly has a 'Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy'. If someone is violating this (e.g., anyone selling counterfeit copies of pearl jam LP's), why not just report them? Anyone have any luck doing this?

Hate trying to be the "internet police" here, but why aren't people reporting fakes to get them pulled, and protect unknowing buyers?

Apparently not illegal at all even listed on Amazon now.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    simalarionsimalarion Posts: 74
    edited May 2015
    But this is just Sound copy from a CD(digital) version right?, then there is absolutely no reason buy either way.

The same goes for the "Rematered" Vitalogy and VS, my originals sounds much better and are on 1 Vinyl as well. The point with Vinyl player is just the "clear" analog sound that feels mor present, why would you then have "digitaly remastered" version, might as well buy a CD then.
    My hope is that they just reissue all there albums (vinyl) just as they where, they dont need to remaster or add shitt :), not going to happen, i know....
    edit
    Oh, and ebay canceled my phurchase so i was in time to stop it, thanks god for that. Would have bugged me for years.
    Post edited by simalarion on
    What did the Romans ever do for us?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,116
    I agree on the remastering. I think the original versions sound better that the remasters (with the exlcusion of 10.... 10 sound so different, I consider the original and redux to be different animals). I was listening to the HD remaster of Vs. on my portable player (fiio x3). Eddie sort of sounded muddled in the mix. One thing I like about older mixes (especially the ones in the early 90's) was they showed off talented singers. New mixing methods crank up all the tracks (guitars, bass, drums and vocals). I went back and loaded the original cd flac on the same player and it sounded so much better than an HD Flac of the remaster. Crazy stuff.

I think Brenden O' Brien's album mixing in the early/mid 90s was some of the best mixing ever done. I remember those albums sounding fantastic in bought high end and crappy system. I remember STP's purple sounding awesome on my crappy stereo in my crappy Mustang.

Please stop remastering and simply reissue the vinyl :)

btw do we know that the bootleggers are using CD as their source? What's to stop them from buying a vinyl and cloning it. When you look at the volume they sell it wouldn't be too hard to make the money back.