Options

this is really sad....Tomas Young is no longer with us...

2»

Comments

• Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    RIP Tomas...
    NO MORE WAR!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

RIP Tomas...
    NO MORE WAR!

CANT BE SAID ENOUGH!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    RIP Tomas Young. Such sad news, he was so very brave and inspiring.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    R.I.P. Tomas. You fought the good fight.
  • Options
    I'm having a really hard time with this and wrapping my thoughts around it. When I met my husband he was a soldier. He went to Operation Desert Storm, driving a tank. It was a really hard time for those of us at home, but it was certainly less of hell hole for him than it was for Tomas. I knew a lot of young men just like him, but they came home mostly whole. And as a nurse, I know quite a bit about what Tomas went through when he returned. I am glad that his suffering is over, but my heart is broken. RIP Tomas.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519

Very upsetting to see this. Was at the Portland show last year that Tomas attending. Very inspiring to hear Ed talk about him.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XHj4E8Cowjk

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Very sad to hear about this. I was angry when I went to see Phil show the movie and talk because Tomas come on via satellite and he and his wife delivered the news he was going to end his life surrounded by his family and friends. I thought it was an easy way out and he was being selfish, taking himself away from his new wife. I was so wrong.... It hurts me more knowing he was fighting the system and was in pain, exactly what he didn't want to happen. RIP...and Thanks to Ed for bringing his fans in on his story.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Just finished reading the book "Tomas Young's War"
    It broke me right down into pieces reading what he went through after that black sunday, until his passing 10 years later. The struggles were endless for Tomas. I can't imagine how hard it was for him and his loved ones. Especially his Mom and Claudia.
    I'm really really thankful EV was such a good friend to him, among many other people. The signed Walter Payton poster of Ed's(given to Tomas) and the Easy Rider helmet etc etc. Reading how Ed reacted after Tomas's totally preventable embolism was enough for me to know what kind of a friend Ed was to Tomas.