Options

Concert Merchandise

2»

Comments

• Options

None of the merch I've seen is worth what they're asking at the venue, much less 10X face value. The people who are "funding their tour" with desparate fans willing to help are vultures and selfish a-holes...plain and simple.

$35 for a t-shirt is crazy. I definitely pass on more shirts now. It has to be insane how much they make on merch. I wonder if it is more than they make on ticket sales.
    Merch is ALL their revenue. HUGE moneymaker for them when they open off site too.

• Options
    Good discussion here. Thanks to everyone for participating and enlightening me. Glad to know I am not the only frustrated one..

Most ikely true that the economics of selling individual venues through 10C do not make sense. How about a complete set of buttons and stickers??? Or how about getting the option to but if you draw for a 10c ticket?

I like having the "tokens" from the concerts I see. Save my ticket stubs and put stickers on my car and buttons on my back pack.

Thaks again everyone,

• Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    I would even be willing to pay more for "Shipping and Handling" fees if they would have a "Poster, sticker, button" combination for those who got 10 tickets for a show. $25 isn't out of question since that translates to about $8 in hour I would be waiting in line.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    The STL poster looked rough online but once you actually get close to it, it actually is pretty cool. I was able to get it on PJ.com avoiding all of the lines. I don't see why the resale is so high on these items when they go on sale within a month after the show.
    2009 Chicago
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Louis
    2016 Wrigley 1
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2022 EV Chicago, St. Louis
    2023: Chicago 1,2

"How I choose to feel is how I am, and I feel fucking awesome" - Gleason
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012

The STL poster looked rough online but once you actually get close to it, it actually is pretty cool. I was able to get it on PJ.com avoiding all of the lines. I don't see why the resale is so high on these items when they go on sale within a month after the show.

I absolutely love this print in person!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827

I would even be willing to pay more for "Shipping and Handling" fees if they would have a "Poster, sticker, button" combination for those who got 10 tickets for a show. $25 isn't out of question since that translates to about $8 in hour I would be waiting in line.

If 10club offered combo packages, that would blow my mind. I wouldn't complain about their shipping & handling fee charges. Ok, maybe I will but what if right?

Buy the poster, official bootleg CD, sticker, button & shirt of the show? (ok, maybe not include a shirt. A little extreme). That would be AWESOME!!!

• Options
    If 10club offered combo packages, that would blow my mind. I wouldn't complain about their shipping & handling fee charges. Ok, maybe I will but what if right?

Buy the poster, official bootleg CD, sticker, button & shirt of the show? (ok, maybe not include a shirt. A little extreme). That would be AWESOME!!!

I agree that would fe FRIGGIN AWESOME
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    demetrios said:

I'm ALL in for this idea!!!
    Take my $$$ NOW!!!
    :-bd
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    derbydave said:

demetrios said:

I'm ALL in for this idea!!!
    Take my $$$ NOW!!!
    :-bd
    I completely afree. Let me buy shit in advance!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23