Options

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PEARL JAM FAN CROWDFUND CAMPAIGN LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE

Comments

• Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    here is a question that I have seen asked a few times. Your "Vendor" charges 2.5% for their service. You said you are going to charge people/withdraw money at $100K and present it to "band management". Does this 2.5% gets charged at that time and people wont see that back even in the case the band declines?

Also, where will the remaining $97,500 be kept in the meantime while people are waiting for the thing to go toward your other stated goals of $500K or $1 Million?
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    We'll good luck then.. I open you get this done.. But I hope not too, just cause everybody and their dead grandma is gonna be all over this idea like Herpes on a hooker if you DO make it.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I wish these guys luck. Seriously. They should replace the guy who's been speaking for them though as he's a pretty unlikable curmudgeonly ogre, but if they can actually pull this off, that would be pretty awesome. I give them credit for trying and I don't "feel bad" for the band for a second. That's probably the most absurd sentiment of this entire thread.
  • Options
    BCBA said:

here is a question that I have seen asked a few times. Your "Vendor" charges 2.5% for their service. You said you are going to charge people/withdraw money at $100K and present it to "band management". Does this 2.5% gets charged at that time and people wont see that back even in the case the band declines?

Also, where will the remaining $97,500 be kept in the meantime while people are waiting for the thing to go toward your other stated goals of $500K or $1 Million?

We are working with Tilt now to increase the 100K threshold so no one gets charged. We are feverishly making that change now. The money will always stay with Tilt until it hopefully goes to Pearl Jam.
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    The Tilt website says if you meet your fundraising goal - the money gets direct deposited to you. At least that's how most of these things go. I'm on Indiegogo and our campaign funds go straight to my bank.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

The Tilt website says if you meet your fundraising goal - the money gets direct deposited to you. At least that's how most of these things go. I'm on Indiegogo and our campaign funds go straight to my bank.

So if I'm reading this right - and I could be very wrong here. You are essentially the accountant for the funds. You can withdrawal some, transfer some. But either way, looks like Tilt doesn't hold onto your money indefinitely, which to me might mean you'd have to have this all set up before the campaign is over. Again, could be wrong on this.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Unless pledgers are comfortable with you holding onto $100k of their money while you 'work it out' with the band?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited November 2014

They were removed the first night and we apologized profusely for that. They even joined our group again and got their own questions answered. They need to start letting it go I'm sorry. If we lost you we lost you, now let us move on.

I was trying to stay out of this, but when I see responses like this from the person behind a Pearl Jam fan initiative, I get livid. No, THEY do not need to let go, and honestly, they do not need to do anything at all. It is YOU who are asking for support from the fans, so YOU need to change the way you are handling and resolving conflict and frankly, how you are going about promoting this. I really hope Pearl Jam and the general public do not think you are representative of Pearl Jam fanbase, because you have been handling this poorly from the start, and it's not getting any better. Based on your post above, I don't think you care what I think, which is totally fine with me, but don't expect that this is the type of attitude that will make your initiative a success.
  • Options
    We are increasing the threshold please read. 2-feign sorry to have disappointed you. This idea is not for you.

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    why in the article I just read... you state that $100K is the goal?
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

They were removed the first night and we apologized profusely for that. They even joined our group again and got their own questions answered. They need to start letting it go I'm sorry. If we lost you we lost you, now let us move on.

I was trying to stay out of this, but when I see responses like this from the person behind a Pearl Jam fan initiative, I get livid. No, THEY do not need to let go, and honestly, they do not need to do anything at all. It is YOU who are asking for support from the fans, so YOU need to change the way you are handling and resolving conflict and frankly, how you are going about promoting this. I really hope Pearl Jam and the general public do not think you are representative of Pearl Jam fanbase, because you have been handling this poorly from the start, and it's not getting any better. Based on your post above, I don't think you care what I think, which is totally fine with me, but don't expect that this is the type of attitude that will make your initiative a success.
    OK. Fair enough. I wish you guys well.

--
  • Options
    BCBA said:

why in the article I just read... you state that $100K is the goal?

It's a milestone goal. Not the end result.

--
  • Options

We are increasing the threshold please read. 2-feign sorry to have disappointed you. This idea is not for you.

You are speaking to a lot of potential donors on here OP. I'm not disappointed, I'm curious. If you are successfully funded, all the money goes to your bank, since you are running the campaign right? Tilt doesn't hold money in limbo - in fact the FAQ says you need to enter in bank information at the start, or before its over.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    october22 said:

I wish these guys luck. Seriously. They should replace the guy who's been speaking for them though as he's a pretty unlikable curmudgeonly ogre, but if they can actually pull this off, that would be pretty awesome. I give them credit for trying and I don't "feel bad" for the band for a second. That's probably the most absurd sentiment of this entire thread.

Thank you!

I'm also impressed by various legitimate questions being blown off.

Feel-good thread of the month :D
  • Options
    it looks like they (Tilt, not the organizer(s)) also skim 3% off of credit cards? ouch
  • Options
    You will also have to pay taxes on this money - so if its in your name, you'll have to pay on it next April. They have special tax forms for people that do these things and are a not for profit org.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

You will also have to pay taxes on this money - so if its in your name, you'll have to pay on it next April. They have special tax forms for people that do these things and are a not for profit org.

I wonder how that does work...

Does all that money technically become "income" for Ivegotcookies? and essentially he is "buying" a concert if the band agrees to it? In that case, yeah, I guess he would have to report that money... I think.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    that tax thing is a good concern. No idea how that would work. Im sure Uncle Sam would want something though.
  • Options

Again, IF this campaign gets fully funded. I looked into how to set these things up for a few months before starting one for my band and there are legit questions I (you) have to answer as you started it all. I'm not wishing ill will on you whatsoever, it appears you have a pretty simple answer if it doesn't work out, but what if it does? These are the things people who put hard earned money in would want to know - at least that's been my experience so far on Indiegogo. I had to break down an entire budget showing where every dollar would go and what people would get, specifically, for a certain level pledge. This took a lot of thought and research, months worth of finding out costs. Good luck to you all - no more commentary from me.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited November 2014
    kb272930 said:

I gave $ for 2 tickets , hope it happens ! I Really can't believe people put so much energy and thought into pointing out every fault and mistake instead of maybe trying to help out .

Just human nature.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    My accountant has a account setup for this that is not a personal account. This money will go directly to Pearl Jam if they say yes. Similar to every other kickstarter type project out there.

--
  • Options
    BCBA said:

I wonder how that does work...

Does all that money technically become "income" for Ivegotcookies? and essentially he is "buying" a concert if the band agrees to it? In that case, yeah, I guess he would have to report that money... I think.
    There are special tax forms you get and have to file. Yes, its considered income if you aren't a non-for-profit. Again, research. Looking deeply into the fine points.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    MayDay10 said:

kb272930 said:

I Really can't believe people put so much energy and thought into pointing out every fault and mistake instead of maybe trying to help out .

Having people point out holes and shortcomings and not ignoring/dismissing criticism as "being negative" is the best way to improve.

I run a fantasy football keeper league. It has been 11 years and the rules have had holes/work-arounds, etc exposed and we alter the thing pretty much yearly. Now it is nearly an airtight system because everyone collectively looking at all the angles.

You put something like this out and ask people to put up money, you should have as few holes in the bow as possible.
    Running fantasy league nothing like being judged by 1000's of personalities there are in ten club.

Think folks should ask questions but have to understand there are variables and don't do this if your not willing or able to afford the chance.

Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    well sure, running a fantasy football league is much different than putting on a concert for 15,000 people, that is kind of the point.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

well sure, running a fantasy football league is much different than putting on a concert for 15,000 people, that is kind of the point.

Fair
  • Options
    And as pointed out there are good questions that should be asked and see some in this page.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378

It's not for a lot of people. People are asking fair questions...questions that you should have had the answers to before you launched this campaign. And you're getting offended? Ridiculous.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    edited November 2014
    mfc2006 said:

It's not for a lot of people. People are asking fair questions...questions that you should have had the answers to before you launched this campaign. And you're getting offended? Ridiculous.
    Yeah, his response above that 'this is not for you' is the patronising line he trots out when he doesn't want to deal with your questions any more. He has said it to a number of people at this point. It's things like that that have led me to persist in trying to get answers, though I really don't know why I'm bothering at this point. Honestly I would quite happily carry on about my business were it not for the fact that things keep popping up that I just can't ignore, such as dodgy newspaper articles....
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Ok.. I just read your last response to my post offering to help you. ( after I posted good luck, lol) annnnd now I know you are not only full of shit, but you do have no idea what you're doing. I have 5 years experience working with non -profit organizations such as Susan G.Komen, Give Kids The World, March of Dimes, Bikers Against Child Abuse- BACA-, No More Homeless Pets KC, Humane Societies is four states including here in Colorado, and Feedjng The Streets orgs. You either have a really serious issue of a lawsuit on your hands, or you are making up your answers as you go along. I know this because it is ILLEGAL to run a fund raising event without having full answers to the questions that arise concerning money, from your sponsers. These people giving you their money in the hopes of getting a ticket?? Those are your sponsers. And you are keeping them in the dark, which could legally be classified as a scam. NEVER NEVER NEVER would any legitimate organization allow someone like you to handle their work! You say you're not being deceptive, but you really are. You say you can't talk about this with the public, but the public are your sponsers.. You have no business trying to do this. You keep burying yourself deeper and deeper everytime you give these silly cookie cutter answers that have no depth, or sustenance. The fact Chris was able to answer mire questions for your sponsers than you is a terrifying aspect. I call bullshit on you. I am glad I didn't make any calls in your favor. I would still like to be able yo work with the people I have good history with. You say you are serious, but you're not. Yeah you got some balls kid, but you're all balls and no brains. Like October 22 said, you definitely need to find someone else to speak for this campaign, cause you trying to answer things?? You're not doing so great. ( whoever told you you can't tell the people what you're doing with their money.. Is lying, you are OBLIGATED to explain how the finds are being designated, as well as the game plan to the campaign, if you want to continue to garner funding). Having done this before, ( much much bigger than this even), I know you're just fluff after that bullshit answer. I had not earlier thought you were deceiving anyone.. Now, I'm quite sure you are. You owe these people answers. Call Tilt and get the answers from Them, get a written delegation from your accountant, make that dicker get an account here, and let THEM answer the questions.. But DO SOMETHING. These people are paying for your pipe dream. Satisfy their concerns. And for sure get a new spokesperson that is willing to take each question in individually and give full and complete answers. I am just in shock that you tried to tell me you can't talk about what you are doing with this. I have done tons of fundraising events, and have NEVER left my sponsers in the dark like that! Had I? They would have never worked with my group again, but we got requested for certain events EVERY YEAR FOR FIVE YEARS!! Because we had an economic syllabus for each and every PENNY! As well we had to keep them up to date on where we were at on venue access, permits traffic control blah blah blah blah. So I call bullshit.. Motive may be for real.. Shady operation though.
This discussion has been closed.