Options

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PEARL JAM FAN CROWDFUND CAMPAIGN LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE

PEARL JAM FAN CROWDFUND CAMPAIGN Launches new website for campaign. Visit us here at: www.pearljamforesthills.com

Very excited for the launch of our new website and twitter handle @pearljamfohi ! Already positive feedback, this will spread the word about the campaign and gain even more supporters is our hope. Another great tool to making this a reality! Thanks for everyone's support in this launch!
Forest Hills where music history happens
www.pearljamforesthills.com
" In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Heard a lot of Replacements fans complain about Forest Hills as a venue last month.
  • Options
    ICYMI

PEARL JAM FAN CROWDFUND CAMPAIGN Launches new website for campaign. Visit us here at: www.pearljamforesthills.com

Very excited for the launch of our new website and twitter handle @pearljamfohi ! Already positive feedback, this will spread the word about the campaign and gain even more supporters is our hope. Another great tool to making this a reality! Thanks for everyone's support in this launch!

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    Thanks again for all who are interested in this!

--
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Saw modest mouse here. There is a strict curfew there. Maneuvering by the bathrooms is challenging. The hipsters will be very annoyed that we trespassed on their turf and don't have any tickets for them.
    All that being said, it is a very cool venue and not a bad seat in the house.
    Small venue vibe with PJ? Hell yeah!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    "For immediate release"

Was this given to the associated Press or something?
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,016
    MayDay10 said:

"For immediate release"

MayDay10 said:

"For immediate release"

I thought the same thing.

Let the band do what they want. As stated in the other thread, this will just be a half-assed attempt at what the Foo Fighters did.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Ryan said:

MayDay10 said:

"For immediate release"

MayDay10 said:

"For immediate release"

I thought the same thing.

Let the band do what they want. As stated in the other thread, this will just be a half-assed attempt at what the Foo Fighters did.
    Half-Fast
    Havent you seen the new Verizon commericals? lol.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/fans-clash-plan-pearl-jam-queens-article-1.2011664

I guess any publicity is good publicity huh? I think it was referred to as shady because the way you started it on here WAS shady. You originally posted as if you weren't involved and then vouched for yourself, later revealing you are in fact organizing it. Now you turn to The NY Daily News? I guess it's ALMOST a news organization...bad form dude.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    over / under on a locked thread set a Wednesday
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

over / under on a locked thread set a Wednesday

you mean on Tuesday...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    Tuesday 11 30 am est
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    While we're busy plugging causes, my bandmate and I started a 2 man group in 09' & met on these boards. We are trying to raise funds to finish our 4th album & press some to vinyl. Visit www.cluthelee.com to read about our Indiegogo campaign!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I wonder how some members here feel about you or what I perceive as you putting them on blast.
  • Options

While we're busy plugging causes, my bandmate and I started a 2 man group in 09' & met on these boards. We are trying to raise funds to finish our 4th album & press some to vinyl. Visit www.cluthelee.com to read about our Indiegogo campaign!

Now this would be a great post to be quoted in the press. :)>-
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Seriously, thanks for posting that again. I wanted to check it out and forgot. Good chance I will be shooting some cash your way in the near future.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Why thank you & pass the word along if you would. We aren't making a fucking dime off this campaign. All $ raised goes towards the project! Booyah!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited November 2014
    You took this to the NEWS????? Really?? Although.. GO PJ SOUL!! Seriously, the effort you are making is definitely recognized by your insane position of castling your actual position on this whole thing. But really, it's not very likely.. In a different venue, that's more accommodating to a fan base of this size? Maybe. But you have overlooked some MAJOR issues involved in booking a show.... ANY SHOW. Most notably is that the venue itself is in such bad shape, it's in a residential area, and the strict curfew, really kills the whole thing. I just think it's UBER ridiculous that you felt the need to try to make actual news out of this pipe dream. But mark my words.. ( And I wrote this post down).. I WILL EAT MY WORDS, IF PEARL JAM DOES THIS.. Cause I'm quite sure they won't, but who knows, like I said before, I've seen them do stranger things!
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Tuesday 11 30 am est

Tuesday the 10th.. Jk!
  • Options
    I can't figure out if we are being spammed or not by this guy. This is thread number three on this issue....
  • Options
    edited November 2014

I can't figure out if we are being spammed or not by this guy. This is thread number three on this issue....

Apparently it's for real. Just everyone keeps being a-holes and fighting about it.. So the threads keep getting closed/ locked. I don't think the guy that started this was necessarily being shady, as some claim, ( though it DOES look that way when you're asking for card info on an unfounded request/ idea), but this whole thing was gone about in the wrong way. PJ fans are weird like that.. There's more grey than black and white.. And sides shift on the regular, and quite like tectonic plates, it causes great disturbances. But to try to get the news involved cause the PJ fans can't get along and jump on this guy's wagon just seems sorta creepy and odd. I just think this guy needs to research more and realize no show just materializes. For every ONE of us that attends there are fifty details that have to be ironed out. It's a LOT of work. And the 500,000 raised would barely pay the band, that's not venue rental, security, concession rental, vendor lend out, lawyers ( yes you need a law team to do all this shit), ' facilities' rental, parking resourcing, residential permit for sound law, ( even WITH the 10 PM curfew) advertising, ( although that little news stunt was free in that note!), insurance; on venue, parking settlements, security forces, general insurance, and secondary casualty property insurance,- and believe me you might want to pay some extra for that part of it given the condition of the venue. Liability insurance, and satisfaction disparage insurance. And THAT isn't even ALL of it! There's promoters involved, and coordinators, and fielding agents, and allllllllll of these people want paid.. You're looking closer to a 2 mil. Mark.. Roughly close to near about 1.8 for everything,NOT including the band. And that is the LOW side.
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    Low low low low side of that ball park figure.. Just saying..
  • Options

Just saying also that there seems to be a lot of leeway for this topic.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Honestly, I don't think questioning the initial post(s) and sensing a lack of credibility/integrity for not being upfront from the get-go is the same as being an asshole.

Anyone has a right to air their skepticism as much as the proponents do to attempt this shindig.

That's been my main issue, plus the "article".

No offense to Ms. Soul :D
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Honestly, I don't think questioning the initial post(s) and sensing a lack of credibility/integrity for not being upfront from the get-go is the same as being an asshole.

Anyone has a right to air their skepticism as much as the proponents do to attempt this shindig.

I was referring to our manner of response, not the responses themselves. To question the motive and founding of this whole thing is wise. I was referring to the bickering. By our I include myself, cause I KNOW I can be a downright bitch sometimes.
  • Options

Just saying also that there seems to be a lot of leeway for this topic.
    Very true.
  • Options
    Does calling ourself names count??
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Let the band plan their tour. I dont want wishlist or this group speaking for us
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2014
    hedonist said:

Let the band plan their tour. I dont want wishlist or this group speaking for us

Nice =D>
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

Best idea yet!! I nominate this for best post of the thread!
This discussion has been closed.