***OFFICIAL*** PLAY RED ROCKS AGAIN please.. Petition

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    \:D/
  • Options
  • Options
    Sign me up. I was there in 95 and would love to be there again in the near future....
  • Options

Sign me up. I was there in 95 and would love to be there again in the near future....

Yeah those were amazing shows!! First time seeing Colorado, and now I live here.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    What's red rocks?
  • Options

What's red rocks?

Haha! Mr. I go running there all the time? Are you in for the petition?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158
    I would go. I'm in B.C. and I've always considered the Gorge to be the #1 venue in North America. I've travelled to it often and have seen a number of shows there (due to my clos"ish" proximity to Seattle). I've always heard Red Rocks is #2 and I keep promising myself that I'll go check it out as soon as PJ decides to play there.

It's a fairly small venue though.. how insanely hard do you think it would be to get tickets?
  • Options
    Zod said:

I would go. I'm in B.C. and I've always considered the Gorge to be the #1 venue in North America. I've travelled to it often and have seen a number of shows there (due to my clos"ish" proximity to Seattle). I've always heard Red Rocks is #2 and I keep promising myself that I'll go check it out as soon as PJ decides to play there.

It's a fairly small venue though.. how insanely hard do you think it would be to get tickets?

Crazy insane! Hopefully they'd do a two-fer to accommodate the need. But as always, this is up to the band.. This " petition " is simply us as fans letting them know we'd live another show there. I was there for the first two in '95, and it was amazing!! I'd never been to Colorado at that time, and I just kept staring at the landscape surrounding the venue.. Then we got in.. And WOW!! As well The Gorge is on my MUST do list too. I hope to get this and The Gorge played on the next US tour.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    The first concert video I ever watched was U2 live at Red Rocks. That's when I first found out about the venue. Watched it on VHS loaned out to me by my "Cool" Aunt and Uncle who were partly responsible for nudging me toward my love of music. I was about 10 or 11 years old. Been wanting to see Red Rocks in person ever since.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    With 9500 capacity I think they would need to do at least 4 shows in 5 days like the spectrum run to somewhat satisfy demand...

Maybe it will be a destination in 2015 like the spectrum run was?
  • Options

What's red rocks?

Haha! Mr. I go running there all the time? Are you in for the petition?
    I don't go running there all.the time.

Sometimes I ride my bike there from Boulder.

I dont want them to play there.
    The stress over getting tickets and posters and t shirts and stickers would be tooo much

Then all the whining on here about tickets and posters and shirts and stickers would be toooo annoying
  • Options
    Ok then.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

With 9500 capacity I think they would need to do at least 4 shows in 5 days like the spectrum run to somewhat satisfy demand...

Maybe it will be a destination in 2015 like the spectrum run was?

This would be cool, because, yes it us a rather small venue.. But soooooo worth it!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    It would be like Moline only outside so good...I would sell a kidney to go every night. Love me some PJ in a small venue.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

It would be like Moline only outside so good...I would sell a kidney to go every night. Love me some PJ in a small venue.

You know, that even if you CAN't get in every night that they played, Red Rocks is a State Park, and there's camping just off behind the venue.. Spectacular spot, too!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

You know, that even if you CAN't get in every night that they played, Red Rocks is a State Park, and there's camping just off behind the venue.. Spectacular spot, too!
    Don't want people to get too excited and trying to make plans so I wanted to clarify a couple of points in your post.

1. Red Rocks is a Denver City Park. Part of their mountain parks system. It is not a Colorado State park.

2. Because it is a city park and NOT a state park there are NO camping facilities at Red Rocks. They are pretty clear that camping is not allowed.

3. On the Red Rocks website there is a concise list of close by and legal campgrounds.

4. For future knowledge there are no close hotels.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    Thanks for that clarification. I know that I camped out near there. Why do I get the feeling you are trying to Quelch this??
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Thanks for that clarification. I know that I camped out near there. Why do I get the feeling you are trying to Quelch this??

Not trying to quelch anything.
    Want to see PJ at Red Rocks as much as the next PJ fan.
    But then again I want to see any band I like at Red Rocks.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    Ok. None the less. Back to the petition and thanks got the corrections. I want everyone to know every angle. Like I said I just know we camped up there ( Morrison) and because I wasn't FROM there I thought we camped in that park. Either way.. We're The Faithful and we'll fucking figure it out! Lol :-)
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Quelch? Is that like crap on?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

It was supposed to say Squelch.. As in suppress or put out.. Lol
  • Options

FoxyRedLa said:

It was supposed to say Squelch.. As in suppress or put out.. Lol
    Ahhhhh, like squash got it thanks! :)
  • Options
    Yep:-)
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    FoxyRedLa said:

Sounds like a soda or sports drink...
    I'll have a large orange Quelch please!!!
    =))
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

FoxyRedLa said:

=))
    We can sell it in the parking lot to pay for merch!!
  • Options
    derbydave said:

FoxyRedLa said:

=))
    :)) I thought the same thing, pop @ first, then I thought something vulgar lol and thought I'd better ask haha!
  • Options
    Bump to keep this petition afloat.
  • Options
    Bad fans!!
    Bump ( don't get upset.. Just sign the petition!)
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Would be great but good luck with the ticketing. Also I don't see it happening in 2015, since they were just in Denver... but let's keep this up top to add it to July 2016!!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

Would be great but good luck with the ticketing. Also I don't see it happening in 2015, since they were just in Denver... but let's keep this up top to add it to July 2016!!

I wasn't pushing for 2015.. Cause you're right.. They were just here. But yeah, definitely want to see this happen! :-) adding you to the list!